Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657186 06/09/16 06:37 PM
D
DJB Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Seems to me the lower the iq's of these guys the luckier they are

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: Undertaker56] #11657346 06/09/16 07:55 PM
P
PaPa@fork Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Undertaker56
Trust me ladies and gentlemen I have pulled people out of the water for being stupid. And it is not pretty...Slow Down..

And it's not pretty telling a love one about a death,,,,, lower units can be replaced it just hurts your back pocket, but if it really goes BAD , think about how that would hurt someone that you love......

If it was easy, everyone would do it
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657389 06/09/16 08:20 PM
C
CHUNK-N-WINDING Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
When the lake was 7+ ft. low I idled around in pretty much the whole east side of the lake and marked my own boat lanes. People look at me now like I'm crazy blowing through places. I still pucker up as to the accuracy of my waypoints. So far so good so far!

Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657561 06/09/16 09:44 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork
Trust me ladies and gentlemen I have pulled people out of the water for being stupid. And it is not pretty...Slow Down..

And it's not pretty telling a love one about a death,,,,, lower units can be replaced it just hurts your back pocket, but if it really goes BAD , think about how that would hurt someone that you love......

When is the last time someone has been killed from hitting a stump that is under water?

I am kind of in the "people drowning" business and I cannot find a case that has happened. Now there are a lot of people who hit other boats, bridges, docks, they run aground, hit standing timber, sink their boats and so on that end up not in good condition, but I cannot find a case of hitting a stump that is submerged has killed anyone.

Do people say it will kill you to be dramatic or do you actually know of a incident where a submerged stump was hit and someone died?

#MFGA
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: Douglas J] #11657568 06/09/16 09:49 PM
5Redman8 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

When is the last time someone has been killed from hitting a stump that is under water?

I am kind of in the "people drowning" business and I cannot find a case that has happened. Now there are a lot of people who hit other boats, bridges, docks, they run aground, hit standing timber, sink their boats and so on that end up not in good condition, but I cannot find a case of hitting a stump that is submerged has killed anyone.

Do people say it will kill you to be dramatic or do you actually know of a incident where a submerged stump was hit and someone died?

Don't let the facts stand in the way of giving advice!!!!

On a serious note....it would be nice to know if there have actually been deaths due to hitting a submerged stump.

Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657629 06/09/16 10:17 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It's certainly possible that you could be thrown from the boat, leading to death. I've never heard of it happening (the death part).

There was that one pic a couple years ago where the guys outboard was sheared off and landed on the back deck, and the prop cut up the passenger headrest. I think it was Rayburn. He was ok but it looked like he could've died had he not been thrown forward

Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: Douglas J] #11657637 06/09/16 10:20 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D

How can you sink a boat. I thought boats now days floated even when cut in half.

Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: DBFishing83] #11657642 06/09/16 10:24 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: flukeman83

How can you sink a boat. I thought boats now days floated even when cut in half.

Not all boats are of "now days" , ever been on a busy lake and see the stuff people take out on the water?

Saw 2 sink Memorial Day

#MFGA
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: 5Redman8] #11657824 06/10/16 12:09 AM
P
PaPa@fork Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
P
Originally Posted By: 5Redman8

Don't let the facts stand in the way of giving advice!!!!

On a serious note....it would be nice to know if there have actually been deaths due to hitting a submerged stump.

OMG !!! Here we ______ ing go!!! Yes on giving advice , THATS ALL I WAS TRYING TO DO
As for someone killed by a stump I did not SAY that but what do you think will happen at high speed and you hit a stump ?
As for telling someone about a love one , I hope you never know what's that like, and for your information I'm a retired firefighter / paramedic and have seen all the bad I care too see and I was just trying help detour something going bad , here at fork I have seen boats T-BONED = two dead, falling timber has killed some, the NO WAKE under the bridge is because one guy was standing while fishing and a wake hit his boat and he broke his neck when he hit the bottom of the bridge, and list goes on here and at all lakes, earlier this week I was seeing people running hard in places that they should not maybe out of town guys, first time on the lake,
I'm sorry for trying to help, I know you can't fix STUPID but it doesn't hurt to try, sorry that the PC POLICE is on this forum .
Again just trying to help but NO MORE. From now on I'll just shake my head when I see or read about the dumb ____ , Stupid, bulletproof, it will never happen to me guy

If it was easy, everyone would do it
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657947 06/10/16 01:24 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
Geez.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11657953 06/10/16 01:32 AM
P
Peepaw on Fork Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Just like the highways. Idiots will be idiots. Will be lots of boats getting towed in this weekend, hope I ain't one of em. frkazoid

H. Burns
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11658026 06/10/16 02:11 AM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Ironically, I have seen many boats running this year in areas that are full of stumps and somehow they plow right through them without hitting anything. Sometimes it's hard to watch.

Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: PaPa@fork] #11658042 06/10/16 02:20 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Uh..... well.....you want a valium?

Doug.....quiddit....

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: Douglas J] #11658178 06/10/16 03:38 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B

This one took about 10 seconds to find running a quick search. I stopped there and didn't look any further. http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headl...-321259831.html I think it was last year and it was a 30 MPH crash with a submerged tree. One killed and 3 critically injured.

Actually, curiosity got me and I went back and started looking again. Started seeing several that occurred last year the caused deaths so I guess the probability of a fatality is higher than even I thought.

Last edited by Bobby Milam; 06/10/16 03:40 AM.
Re: SLOW DOWN at FORK [Re: txmasterpo] #11658185 06/10/16 03:44 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
Uh..... well.....you want a valium?

Doug.....quiddit....

I asked a legit question, does anyone know of any deaths caused by hitting a submerged stump. I was just curious, I checked our records, checked with the wardens I have contact with and also the police dept and nobody could remember of any casualties from anyone specifically hitting a submerged stump.

I have a lot of places on Fork I made trails when the lake was 6-7 feet low, so I may be one of the "idiots" he has seen running in places he thinks aren't safe to run, lol

#MFGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide