Forums59
Topics1,039,342
Posts13,963,179
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: RedRanger] #11644762 06/03/16 03:44 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
There is an old guy on Bonham that is notorious for doing this. One time his wife yelled at him to stop bothering the fishermen.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: EastTexasBassin] #11644894 06/03/16 04:28 PM
bccougar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
I've had people tell me that I wasn't allowed to fish in "their" marina before. Even had one point to a "no fishing" sign that was on a walkway. I tried to explain that the sign means no fishing from the walkway and that I was on public water. He said he was "reporting me" lol

Had a guy tell me that he owned a section of water that was easily accessible from the main lake and that I had to leave. I already had 22 pounds in there and told him I wasn't leaving until they quit biting. He simply sat down and watched me and my partner fish then left.

www.anglersprotackle.com -Anglers Pro Tackle Pro staff
www.doublezzcustomlures.com -Double ZZ Custom Lures
www.mercurymarine.com -Mercury Pro Staff
www.power-pole.com -Power-Pole Pro Staff
www.midwestmarineonline.com -Midwest Marine

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11644902 06/03/16 04:30 PM
bccougar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
As a dock owner, I do get annoyed finding baits stuck in my boat house sometimes, but I have never asked anyone to leave my dock. I usually tell them where the brush is and what time they should come back to catch the best feed. My parents live on Conroe and have a light and brush, they have company at their dock DAILY! no issues though.

www.anglersprotackle.com -Anglers Pro Tackle Pro staff
www.doublezzcustomlures.com -Double ZZ Custom Lures
www.mercurymarine.com -Mercury Pro Staff
www.power-pole.com -Power-Pole Pro Staff
www.midwestmarineonline.com -Midwest Marine

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11644919 06/03/16 04:36 PM
D
Dr. Crank Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
I have no problem guys fishing our dock on cedar creek, I just ask " treat it like it was yours". I have had a few over the years make a cast over the top and hang up....looked out once and a guy was on the roof getting unhung, this would irritate anybody that has a ton of money tied up in a boat dock. Not to mention he was using a little GEorge .......lol this kind of guy has no business fishing around a dock to start with.....this is what we deal with weekly. if you hang up in my boat cover please be easy getting it out

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11644936 06/03/16 04:40 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
I see my first million $ here, slip protection.

roflmao

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11644943 06/03/16 04:41 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
There was a dock on graham that i fished and the home owner that shot out into the water once with a shotgun from about 200 yards away. I left called police and they never did anything to the guy that is the only issue I've ever had. Didn't really scare me much Bc at first I didn't know it was a shotgun shot then seconds later I saw the pellets pepper the water

[Linked Image]
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645007 06/03/16 05:06 PM
Big Red 12 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have had people on Cedar Creek tell me it was illegal to gush inside the No Wake buoys and that the were calling the GW. I told them I would wait until the goat here. I was fishing a tournament on Bob Sandlin and we had located some bedfish around this one dock. They had tried to tie s rope to block off around it. Early ee just fished. Then when the sun got up a little, we headed over the bedfish we had found. I had watched this elderly gentleman earlier throwing at one of the better fish. We waited until in went to the house and pulled up and began fishing for the fish. Within 10 minutes I have caught this fish. Then the man comes down and starts yelling at me, "they should close fishing during the spawn." I told him when he made the rules, then he could change them. Then my partner catches one beside the dock and his wife starts yelling, "they caught another one." Do, we just got out of there. We talk about entitlement with kids all the time. I see it with dock owners. That they are the only ones entitled to fish. Now, this is as small percentage, but it gives the other owners a black eye.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645015 06/03/16 05:09 PM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
If someone is on their dock fishing, go to another dock. You may be totally within your legal right to fish it, but you also can choose to share your mutual appreciation for fishing with a fellow fisherman and show a little kindness. There are plenty of fish and plenty of docks.

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645054 06/03/16 05:29 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
if they are fishing their dock, or someone is bank fishing I try not to interfere. Go around and be friendly. If I come along the same dock and they always have rods in holders pointing outwards but no one there I will fish the dock anyway.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645101 06/03/16 05:51 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I had a lady come out of her house, walk 100 yards down a hill and onto her dock, and start yelling at me that she was tired of me fishing her dock all day. I told her she must be mistaken because I had only been there 10 minutes. She then told me she was crippled and that she was sick of fishermen catching all the fish around her dock because that was the only place she could fish. I felt like saying, "You aren't so crippled that you couldn't walk 100 yards down a steep hill and onto a narrow pier so you could come out here and yell at me"...but I didn't. She kept on and I answered respectfully. Finally, I told her, "Ma'am, if you believe I am doing anything wrong or illegal I suggest you call the Sheriff, a game warden, or whoever you want. I'll wait here for them to arrive." She left and went back inside. I left shortly afterward.

I will go around a dock if there is someone sitting on it fishing.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645104 06/03/16 05:55 PM
N
Newly Retired Offline
Angler
Angler
N
I see it from both sides often.. I have a dock on Lake Cypress Springs with two boat slips that provide great fishing habitat and is popular with fishermen. I also fish many docks around the lake frequently.
It is all a matter of RESPECT. I enjoy going down and talking to fishermen when they come around, most are friendly like you.
I always speak to people on their docks when I go by and avoid flipping close. I always stay clear of docks when there are families enjoying them.
Come see me on Cypress Springs!

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645148 06/03/16 06:24 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
The worst experience I ever had was while night fishing out from a dock on Lake Jacksonville several years ago. There was a brush pile about a cast length away from the dock and we were in my boat about a cast length on the main lake side of it. The floodlights on the front of the dock were bright and shining outward so we couldn't even see the dock or if there was anyone on it. Apparently there was.

All of a sudden something really heavy...as is not a fishing lure, but maybe a big weight tied onto a line...landed about two feet from the side of my boat. We were a good 50 yards off the dock, so I couldn't imagine that someone on it had made a cast that long. About the time I said, "What the heck was that?" a voice from behind the lights said, "You wouldn't be doing that if I was out there in my boat." I asked what he meant and he said, "Fishing out there." He threw at us again and kept on mouthing about what he would do if he was out there in his boat, so finally I said, "I don't think you'd do anything more than you're doing right now, which is running your big mouth, but why don't you get in your boat and come out here if you want to so bad?"

About that time a woman apparently on the dock said, "Leave him alone, he's trying to be nice!" I asked, "When has he been nice? First he started throwing at us, then he started cussing us out and threatening us. We're leaving, so the best thing he can do is just shut up and let us leave."

The funny thing is we were prefishing for another tournament on Cedar Creek about a month later and got caught in a terrible storm. We took shelter on a big octagon shaped dock and another boat pulled up to do the same. During the course of our conversation we mentioned the jerk on Jacksonville and they said, "No way." They described the dock and told us they had had a run in with the same guy. In that case they heard a woman calling for help while on the lake at night. They located her in a boat floating in the middle of the lake with her husband passed out drunk on the floor. She said she didn't know how to drive the boat and asked if one of them would get in and take the boat to their dock. About the time they got there the drunk woke up and threatened to attack the guy who was driving it for hitting on his wife. He's a real winner!

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645261 06/03/16 07:06 PM
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Early 90's there was a dock on cedar creek with a fake owl on the rail. The water surrounding the dock was loaded with brush and fish. Never failed, as soon as you pulled up the old lady would make her 80yd stomp down to the dock and raise all kinds of hell. I enjoyed flipping her boat slips and sticking her fish while she spewed hate.

Czechfish
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645287 06/03/16 07:16 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
If someone is fishing on their dock and you are close enough that they can hit you with a lure, you are too close.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11645289 06/03/16 07:18 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Big Red 12
I have had people on Cedar Creek tell me it was illegal to gush inside the No Wake buoys and that the were calling the GW. I told them I would wait until the goat here. I was fishing a tournament on Bob Sandlin and we had located some bedfish around this one dock. They had tried to tie s rope to block off around it. Early ee just fished. Then when the sun got up a little, we headed over the bedfish we had found. I had watched this elderly gentleman earlier throwing at one of the better fish. We waited until in went to the house and pulled up and began fishing for the fish. Within 10 minutes I have caught this fish. Then the man comes down and starts yelling at me, "they should close fishing during the spawn." I told him when he made the rules, then he could change them. Then my partner catches one beside the dock and his wife starts yelling, "they caught another one." Do, we just got out of there. We talk about entitlement with kids all the time. I see it with dock owners. That they are the only ones entitled to fish. Now, this is as small percentage, but it gives the other owners a black eye.

Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Early 90's there was a dock on cedar creek with a fake owl on the rail. The water surrounding the dock was loaded with brush and fish. Never failed, as soon as you pulled up the old lady would make her 80yd stomp down to the dock and raise all kinds of hell. I enjoyed flipping her boat slips and sticking her fish while she spewed hate.

And bass fishermen like this ^^^^^ are a small percentage, but it gives the rest of us a black eye. Why sit there and antagonize the old lady? Respect works both ways. Personally, I would never do what you did, Brandon.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide