Forums59
Topics1,039,282
Posts13,962,225
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: Preacher Ed] #11647332 06/04/16 09:59 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
same beartrap.....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11650114 06/06/16 04:47 PM
A
Anchorman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Nice story beartrap. I bet they have told it more times than you though! thumb

If it ain't yours don't mess with it!
Need a friendly place to talk hunting? www.talkhunting.com

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11651109 06/07/16 01:50 AM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H
If you fish near boat docks please make sure you can , I don't mind people fishing near my dock but I have seen people make some crazy cast / flipping attempts . Also make sure you can control your boat , I have had bass boats hit my dock , that's right .

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: beartrap] #11651274 06/07/16 03:10 AM
P
Preacher Ed Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted By: beartrap
same beartrap.....

Good deal. Quite the story teller as I remember, so looking forward to hearing more!

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11653676 06/08/16 03:39 AM
machinist Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Ok look just to make all you guys with the injured egos(hell the dock owner didn't know you were a Pro) if you come to Lake Graham on the South end you will see my new dock being built. Pull in there and fish all you want. If I see you I will even come out and show you where the humps are that I built when the Lake was down. Might even show you the concrete wall that was built also. Maybe if I can get the ditch pickles cleared out I can get some more crappie in there.

Johnny

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11654297 06/08/16 03:50 PM
C
Chris Wren Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Fishing Cypress Springs, found a good boat house.The only problem where these dogs barking in the nearby house. after I had caught about 6 bass a guy comes out of the house and says they must be biting. I don't mind you fishing here but my dogs sure don't like it. So I caught one more and left.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: Chris Wren] #11654437 06/08/16 04:33 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted By: Chris Wren
Fishing Cypress Springs, found a good boat house.The only problem where these dogs barking in the nearby house. after I had caught about 6 bass a guy comes out of the house and says they must be biting. I don't mind you fishing here but my dogs sure don't like it. So I caught one more and left.

Man i was back in a cove one day on that lake and had just put a 4lber in the boat, the cut i was in is pretty small so i had my poles down right next to a dock. I turned and saw a doberman staring at me damn near eye to eye. It barked and i jumped, the owner was sitting there laughing. Ended up talking to the guy for a few mins, but man that startled me pretty good

John Miller
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11654523 06/08/16 04:54 PM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: exactawheel
I was on Cedar Creek last Sunday and it was almost dark. My two sons(ages 12 and 14) and I were out fishing. We were flipping around the boat docks when we came up to a dock with an older man fishing off the walkway. I was between two docks and circling to head back around his dock when I see a lure almost hit me and landed 2 feet in front of my boat. I thought he just made a bad cast and I said to him that it was okay. He then told me that I shouldn't be fishing there because I was scaring the fish. I told him I wasn't scaring them anymore than he was. I headed for the end of his dock to go around and he began to walk toward where we were fishing. He opened a cabinet and turned on his stereo full volume and then continued to cast near our boat. He did this the entire perimeter of his dock. I told him if he hits me or one of my kids I would put this shaky head right upside his head. This is not the first dock owner I have encountered that thought they own the water around their docks but this was definitely the most aggressive. Especially with me having two kids in the boat with me. Has anyone else ever had any issues with dock owners before?

I'm sure there are a lot of dock owners who think they own the water around their docks as well. On the other hand, how many times do you see exposed hooks from plastic worms that were broke off on someone's dock, or lures hung up on the dock or under it, or on the boats in the dock? When you see someone like that, best to just avoid the confrontation.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a look at the American Indian".

Henry Ford
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11666965 06/14/16 07:15 PM
H
HappyHooker Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Fishing a dock on Conroe and home owner came out after I landed a 6.75. Told me that was his fish he had been feeding for months. I said thanks for dinner, threw him in the live well and moved on to the next dock.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: SteveHummert] #11667063 06/14/16 07:57 PM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: steve hummert
Originally Posted By: Hard Rain
Originally Posted By: BAGaBass
Originally Posted By: Chris B
If someone is on the dock with a fishing pole in hand, I wouldn't get closer than a cast away. That would be no different than you moving in on a boat fishing.

This.

+1 I will even make a really wide circle around someone bank fishing. To me it is all about respect if they are there first and fishing let them have their spot. No way I am fishing a dock if someone is already fishing from any part of that dock.

Same here! They may not even own a boat to be able to go somewhere else!

^this^. I don't fish around any dock that anyone is already fishing on, just not right

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11668149 06/15/16 05:28 AM
L
legendruns1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
A skirted jig ain't gonna hurt your ski boat if it bumps the bottom of the hull! I was fishing an FLW tournament on Texoma about 5 years ago and I had a dock owner come out and he started talking about some bass schooling in another spot on the lake and I politely told him, Sir, I cannot accept any fishing info from anyone outside of the tournament contenders. I said please understand it is the rules and we have to follow them or get disqualified and he turned redder then a crawfish and started screaming at me that he was gonna jump in my boat and beat my arse silly. I said God Bless you Sir,and he said, get that boat a little closer Ima bless you. Lol. I just laughed and kept fishing, but a little faster. He was an old man but looked like a retired linebacker for Greenbay. My co-angler didn't say a word for about 2 hours haha.

If you dont take a chance at losing,then you wont ever win!
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: exactawheel] #11668150 06/15/16 05:40 AM
B
bowfin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I know a lot of folks around our lake and have never heard a complaint from anyone.

maybe there is something about some of you that just [censored] dock owners off.

Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: Chris Wren] #11668151 06/15/16 05:41 AM
N
nate king Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Chris Wren

That sounds like something i would say!! hahaha

sponsored by Photo Bucket LLC

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
I'm thinking Nate is probably right.
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: toofy] #11668155 06/15/16 05:47 AM
N
nate king Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N
Originally Posted By: toofy
Maybe I'm biased because I'm a fisherman, but I love seeing other fishing boats trolling by my dock and I enjoy talking with them. I got a place on Eagle Mountain a few months ago with a dock in the smaller cove east of the Fort Worth Boat Club point. I'm usually sitting by my fishing boat organizing things. I always tell them where in the cove I've had luck recently and on what bait. I'm installing a little fridge on the dock soon so I'll probably start offering cold beverages. cheers

good deal, cant say i would be any different

sponsored by Photo Bucket LLC

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
I'm thinking Nate is probably right.
Re: Dock owners irritated that you are fishing around their docks? [Re: legendruns1] #11669877 06/15/16 10:28 PM
T
Troyz Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: legendruns1
A skirted jig ain't gonna hurt your ski boat if it bumps the bottom of the hull!

You may be right, but lots of times the jigs and other baits do a lot more than just bump the bottom of the boat(not just ski boats either, lots of bass boats). Some people try to sling baits as far under the docks as they can and when they miss their baits hit boats and other stuff hard enough to do some damage. If we go by your statement then if someone is in the parking lot at the ramp practicing their flipping and bump the side of your truck, it will not hurt anything and will not be a problem is it? Fishing around docks is fine, we just all need to be respectful of other people's property.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide