Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11644795 06/03/16 03:55 PM
fish 4 5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Expectations are not high. Just hope to catch a keeper or maybe two. That seems to be my maximum on this lake. Anyway, it's the same for everyone. Good luck to all. Someone always figures them out no matter the conditions.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11644901 06/03/16 04:30 PM
C
Capp Peace fishing guide Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I live on the lake. Not fishing the T but be careful in all the major creeks. There are floaters

For guide services or lawn services call or text 903 268 4372 or contact me here.
Specializing in white bass, hybrids and stripers, crappie, and trophy blue cats.
Specialty trips available.
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11644906 06/03/16 04:31 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I am fishing Tawakoni on Sunday in a club tournament after everyone beats it to death on Saturday and you know what I think.
I can't wait. Each day on the lake is a challenge that I look forward to. Any day you get to go out bass fishing is a bonus and I don't care what the conditions are and who all has been there, every time I flip a bait or cast a bait I am expecting to catch a fish. I really like catching fish and have some great memories of great days on the lake but for some reason in my warped mind I also love to tackle a lake when everything is going against you catching fish. I love the mental part of the game and even if I get skunked I will still enjoy the challenge and the mental part that plays into making decisions on what to do and Sunday morning for take off can't get here quick enough.
Good luck to everyone.

[Linked Image]
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11644909 06/03/16 04:32 PM
T CLIMER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I'm going solo and I'm going to swing for the fence hope I make contact!!

www.dobynsrods.com - Pro Staff
www.Santone lures.com -Pro Staff
www.elitetungsten.com-Pro Staff
www.seaguar.com-Pro Staff
Spro,Gamakatsu-ProStaff
Team Diawa
www.xcite baits.com-Pro Staff
Team Moritz Chevrolet-Pro Staff
www.Rod Armorz.com-Pro Staff
Fun N Sun Marine
Team Phoenix Boats
Mercury Pro Team
Power Pole
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11644912 06/03/16 04:33 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I wish I was closer, I don't mind tough tournaments and muddy water. That's every tournament on Livingston!

Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TXwelder] #11649686 06/06/16 01:40 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I spent a few hours Saturday with a buddy practicing for Sunday. Fished with my brother on Sunday in our Century Bass Club tournament. I ended up not losing a fish the whole time. Problem is I only caught 5 fish and all were too short. I never lost a keeper but I didn't get a keeper bite all weekend. I think we all knew it was going to be tough but the problem is the lake for my type of fishing looks great and you feel like every cast is going to get bit. So for the two days I ended up using the following baits trying to catch a keeper fish - Jig, Chatterbait, Frog, Fluke, Swim jig, Buzzbait, CrawTube, Texas rigged worm, Senko, Swim bait and Carolina rig. I tried to catch fish but it didn't happen for me and a lot of guys I know. We had about 28 anglers for our tournament and only 6 anglers caught fish with 3 fish for over 5 lbs won and big fish of just under 5 lbs.
The good things is I had a blast and loved the weekend fishing and also an extra bonus was a house that one of the members found that we rented for the weekend. Places to stay around Tawakoni are pretty scarce and he found a house that we stayed in that was pretty awesome. Two large beds, a small day bed and a large comfortable sofa. A nice covered front porch area with nice large shaded front yard. TV with satellite, full kitchen. Just a really nice place that can comfortable sleep four people. All in all a great weekend even though keeper bass were not part of it.

[Linked Image]
Re: who's excited for tawakoni! ! [Re: TBassYates] #11649850 06/06/16 02:53 PM
T
TXwelder Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: TBassYates
I spent a few hours Saturday with a buddy practicing for Sunday. Fished with my brother on Sunday in our Century Bass Club tournament. I ended up not losing a fish the whole time. Problem is I only caught 5 fish and all were too short. I never lost a keeper but I didn't get a keeper bite all weekend. I think we all knew it was going to be tough but the problem is the lake for my type of fishing looks great and you feel like every cast is going to get bit. So for the two days I ended up using the following baits trying to catch a keeper fish - Jig, Chatterbait, Frog, Fluke, Swim jig, Buzzbait, CrawTube, Texas rigged worm, Senko, Swim bait and Carolina rig. I tried to catch fish but it didn't happen for me and a lot of guys I know. We had about 28 anglers for our tournament and only 6 anglers caught fish with 3 fish for over 5 lbs won and big fish of just under 5 lbs.
The good things is I had a blast and loved the weekend fishing and also an extra bonus was a house that one of the members found that we rented for the weekend. Places to stay around Tawakoni are pretty scarce and he found a house that we stayed in that was pretty awesome. Two large beds, a small day bed and a large comfortable sofa. A nice covered front porch area with nice large shaded front yard. TV with satellite, full kitchen. Just a really nice place that can comfortable sleep four people. All in all a great weekend even though keeper bass were not part of it.

Sounds like a great weekend. I fished with denis first tourney with the club and he ended up blowing lower unit an i hitched a ride to his truck to pick him up at another ramp. Still had fun for those 3 hours

Stay Positive
PB:9.08 lake arlington
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide