Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11639945 - 06/01/16 11:03 AM check out this old ad i found
J.P. Greeson Online   content
the janitor

Loc: Scroggins, TX

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

#11639988 - 06/01/16 11:23 AM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Frisco, TX
Why no more TFF opens??!??

#11640057 - 06/01/16 11:45 AM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Trickster Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Plano TX
Who won it?

#11640080 - 06/01/16 11:59 AM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Mark Perry Online   content

Loc: Point Reyes
We won that one. I think we had 75-80 boats in it. Jack and I never left the marina and culled all day...good times. cheers

#11640105 - 06/01/16 12:09 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: Chris G]
the janitor

Originally Posted By: Chris G

Running tournaments can be a pretty thankless job and there's lots of BS to deal with. One day we had a tournament on Lake Grapevine with a really small turnout. I think there were 9 boats. After getting everyone launched, I went fishing (just fishing - not participating in the tournament - I never thought a TD should fish his own tournaments). One of our anglers was fishing the dam and I swung 100 or more yards out from him to cross where he was fishing. I made over a 200 yard semi-circle to get to the other side of the dam from him. After weigh-in, he started bitching me out for it, telling me I had no business fishing that close to him while I was running a tournament (when I say bitching me out, I mean full on cussing me). I was sitting there thinking, "I spent my Saturday running this [censored] thing, maybe making enough money to pay for my lunch, and now I'm getting a tongue lashing over something I didn't deserve."

After that I was done.

#11640147 - 06/01/16 12:27 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
adam_p Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Ray Roberts
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Running tournaments can be a pretty thankless job and there's lots of BS to deal with. One day we had a tournament on Lake Grapevine with a really small turnout. I think there were 9 boats. After getting everyone launched, I went fishing (just fishing - not participating in the tournament - I never thought a TD should fish his own tournaments). One of our anglers was fishing the dam and I swung 100 or more yards out from him to cross where he was fishing. I made over a 200 yard semi-circle to get to the other side of the dam from him. After weigh-in, he started bitching me out for it, telling me I had no business fishing that close to him while I was running a tournament (when I say bitching me out, I mean full on cussing me). I was sitting there thinking, "I spent my Saturday running this [censored] thing, maybe making enough money to pay for my lunch, and now I'm getting a tongue lashing over something I didn't deserve."

After that I was done.

The most surprising thing in this post is that he didn't wait until he got home to blast you on your own forum.

#11640158 - 06/01/16 12:30 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Mike_Soriano™ Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: FORK
Bring it back! Let Mark run it

#11640195 - 06/01/16 12:42 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: adam_p]
the janitor

Originally Posted By: adam_p

After that I was done.

The most surprising thing in this post is that he didn't wait until he got home to blast you on your own forum.

bouncy

#11640228 - 06/01/16 12:56 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: Mike_Soriano™]
Mark Perry Online   content

Loc: Point Reyes
Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™
Bring it back! Let Mark run it

Not this guy. I have enough going on as it is..... cheers

#11640279 - 06/01/16 01:25 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: Mark Perry]
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Allen, Texas
No way in heck do I understand for the life of me why anyone would direct a tournament. Waaaaaaaay to many grown men want to bitch moan and groan about such small things in life. I remember days back in the Anglers Choice era where it seemed every tournament there was always someone pissed off about something silly, hasn't changed today.

#11640299 - 06/01/16 01:34 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Frisco, TX

After that I was done.

I figured as much JP. Had no idea of that story but not surprising at all. I do think it would be fun to try to have a once a year big TFF tourney and have Potts and crew run it. Then everyone could complain about the following:

*Choice of lake
*Not paying enough places
*Paying too many places
*Pay back percentage is not high enough
*Not enough contingencies
*Trailering
*Not Trailering
*Too cold
*Too hot
*Too windy (this is a given)

I'm sure given some time I can think of some more.

#11640823 - 06/01/16 04:43 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Ken A. Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Trophy Club, TX

After that I was done.

Was that you idling around my marker buoy on Fork that day JP?? clap

#11640896 - 06/01/16 05:13 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
triton37 Online   content
Angler

Loc: sherman, texas
Or get Scott Gordon and Mark Jones involved.to.run the tournament. Would bemvreat.fun.

#11640939 - 06/01/16 05:30 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Brad Hardt Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Argyle
I vote for Mark as well .

#11641355 - 06/01/16 08:21 PM Re: check out this old ad i found [Re: J.P. Greeson]
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Pot stirrer

Loc: Forney TX
Basschamps hosted one for them on Fork one year. Only over I've ever weighed in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide