Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Lowrider20] #11638515 05/31/16 11:55 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I was looking at rods while in Huntsville Academy. When I left the department I said 'Honey, we may have to break out the rod winder. '

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Lowrider20] #11638523 05/31/16 11:59 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
My Cara ST says "Made in USA with forign and domestic material"

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: luke18one] #11638528 06/01/16 12:01 AM
T
TOMCAT21 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: luke18one
Don't build a brand based on "Built in the USA" and fight to keep your suppliers on the DL for the life of your company....

I think you answered your own question. There is a difference between "Made in the USA" and "Built in the USA."

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Ban-D] #11638563 06/01/16 12:13 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Ban-D
The HD series is made in China.
Here's a 4 page thread for you to Sherlock Holmes.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4547544/Falcon_rods_Made_in_China

This was funny. #chuckle

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Lowrider20] #11638647 06/01/16 12:38 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
As long as they hold up like they've always done and I can get a deal through a preferred distributor like I always do, I will continue to buy the Caras. I really don't care where they are made. If they were all made in the USA, we would prob be paying $350-$400 for a Cara T7.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: TOMCAT21] #11638649 06/01/16 12:38 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: TOMCAT21
Don't build a brand based on "Built in the USA" and fight to keep your suppliers on the DL for the life of your company....

I think you answered your own question. There is a difference between "Made in the USA" and "Built in the USA."

Made in USA means, well, made in USA. Built in, designed in, assembled in, handcrafted in,,.....all mean MADE IN CHINA

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Lowrider20] #11638688 06/01/16 12:51 AM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
If the raw material and components come from overseas, it is actually illegal to say "made in the USA". This is why GLoomis says "handcrafted in Washington state" because despite the blanks being made at the factory, it is still not legal to say made in US. A lot of small rod companies get away with it because they just aren't big enough to be on the FTC radar.

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: luke18one] #11638700 06/01/16 12:53 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Regardless of where they are made it is really fishy that they aren't transparent with where the blanks are sourced from.

Seems like a matter of principle to me...

Good luck with your quest for truth, I am interested to know what you dig up.

Maybe they just don't want other companies finding out what blanks they use and then undercutting them.

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: T54] #11638817 06/01/16 01:21 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: T54
If the raw material and components come from overseas, it is actually illegal to say "made in the USA". This is why GLoomis says "handcrafted in Washington state" because despite the blanks being made at the factory, it is still not legal to say made in US. A lot of small rod companies get away with it because they just aren't big enough to be on the FTC radar.

Exactly. That's why I say anything other than "Made in USA"....verbatim, can mean and USUALLY DOES MEAN "Not made in USA". Haha. I like the one that says " Handcrafted in the USA". That translates almost 99% of the time to mean made in China or Taiwan. Sick and sad. To me, when I see it those kind of marks it pisses me off enough that I will NEVER buy a product from them. Ever. If it says Made in China..fine. It it's what I want, then I buy it...they are not trying to market it as made here. If it is deceptive and trying to make a consumer believe that the product was made here....I feel like they are trying to screw me and I will not let it happen. I'm too proud of this country to let someone use it as a tag line on a product to imply that it was US made, when in fact it isn't.

Weird huh?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Mark Perry] #11638822 06/01/16 01:22 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Regardless of where they are made it is really fishy that they aren't transparent with where the blanks are sourced from.

Maybe they just don't want other companies finding out what blanks they use and then undercutting them.

I heard at one time the Caras were made using Rainshadow blanks.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11638830 06/01/16 01:25 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

I heard at one time the Caras were made using Rainshadow blanks.

I have no clue. Its their business.

They are an iconic brand and have always made great stuff. That is about all I know on this subject.

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Lowrider20] #11638932 06/01/16 02:06 AM
H
HItec Redneck Offline
Angler
Angler
H
A good friend's neighbor used to work for Castaway and all their blanks were made in China. It would not surprised me if 75% or greater are all done this way.

Last edited by HItec Redneck; 06/01/16 02:07 AM.
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11639027 06/01/16 02:41 AM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T

Exactly. That's why I say anything other than "Made in USA"....verbatim, can mean and USUALLY DOES MEAN "Not made in USA". Haha. I like the one that says " Handcrafted in the USA". That translates almost 99% of the time to mean made in China or Taiwan. Sick and sad. To me, when I see it those kind of marks it pisses me off enough that I will NEVER buy a product from them. Ever. If it says Made in China..fine. It it's what I want, then I buy it...they are not trying to market it as made here. If it is deceptive and trying to make a consumer believe that the product was made here....I feel like they are trying to screw me and I will not let it happen. I'm too proud of this country to let someone use it as a tag line on a product to imply that it was US made, when in fact it isn't.

Weird huh?

I am just saying that the legal definition of "made in US" is different from most people's definition "Made in US". If you go to GLoomis, you would no doubt say, these rods are Made in the USA, but legally, they can't say that. Even if Falcon is importing blanks, they are still putting people to work building the rods. That still has some merit to me. There are very few companies even doing that these days.

Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11639047 06/01/16 02:49 AM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Weird huh?

Nope. Where can I buy real USA made high quality rod blanks?

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Falcon Blank Conspiracy [Re: Cast] #11639070 06/01/16 03:02 AM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Cast

Weird huh?

Nope. Where can I buy real USA made high quality rod blanks?

As far as I know, North Fork Composites and Lamiglas are about the only options. Loomis stopped selling just blanks a good while ago.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide