texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 120,999
TexDawg 119,782
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,322
Mark Perry 72,484
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,874
Posts13,954,558
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story #11634143 05/29/16 11:35 PM
Ken A. Online Content OP
Groovy
OP Online Content
Groovy
So about 5-6 years ago I was fishing a hump in the middle of the lake at Fork. I had a buoy out about 10 yards to the side of a group of fish I had marked on my graph. I never throw the buoy directly on top of the fish, rather I just use it as a reference point so I know where to throw. We are catching fish off this spot on a C-rig. They aren't big, 2-3 pounds, but the action is pretty good.

A guy in a nice bass rig idles up to my buoy and starts circling it. As he circles round & round, he is steadily punching on his graph marking waypoints. After he finally decides my buoy is worthy of his time, he kills the big engine and drops his troll motor. laugh

My two buddies and I are watching all this in disbelief. I mean, it was so obvious that this guy had no clue, it was downright comical. roflmao

So I troll over to my buoy and roll it up. I toss it into the guys boat and tell him that since he is so attached to my buoy he can have it. hammer

The guy looks at me like I am a nut job as we idle away. lol_2

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634150 05/29/16 11:43 PM
S
Slade Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
If I ever see that Chem Cal boat at Lake Fork fishing s buoy I'm just going to pull up and fish with you! Lol. But I'm not sure if I'm joking or not!

PB 10.58 Joe Pool

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634157 05/29/16 11:47 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Today was the weirdest one I have had.... About 5 hours ago I was fishing for sand bass on a main lake hump on cedar creek. Been fishing for 5mim before someone pulled up couple boat lengths away to start graphing. I said "I guess all your spots are taken so u have to come fish mine" he didn't relize I was pretty pissed and laughed it off. I drove away 10min later and left my marker....

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634162 05/29/16 11:47 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I guess white bass guys just think everyone is all happy go lucky to pot Lick each other's stuff....

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634165 05/29/16 11:49 PM
Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I could tell you of 2 today on Fork.... Holiday

Licensed Lake Fork Guide
972-979-4163 cell
www.lakeforkoutfitterszachhughes.com
zachhughesbass@gmail.com

www.mistertwister.com
www.dobynsrods.com
Skeeter Boats/Yamaha Outboards
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634172 05/29/16 11:53 PM
K
KB1953 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Just another day on Fork fish

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634207 05/30/16 12:15 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
this happened at a bama div. redman on west point lake back in late 80's....I've known the guy that told me this for several years and do not doubt it happened as he related it...plus the tournament director verified his story later.....this guy had found some fish on a point day before the tourney and ran directly there first thing on tourney day....put his anchor down and pulled his trolling motor up...rules at the time were you couldn't fish within 50 yards of anchored boat with trolling motor up....our guy caught a big fish first cast and another contestant saw him landing the fish,stopped,dropped trolling motor and headed toward the point with intention of getting between our guy and the point...our guy hollers at him twice that he is anchored and the intruding boat...intruding boat ignored him and guy operating the trolling motor made the comment over his shoulder "screw you little S.O.B.-you don't own the lake"....that was wrong thing to say...our guy pulled his anchor up,dropped his trolling motor and headed toward intruder's boat..the intruder never turned around and continued to fish and ignore him..he picked up his paddle and proceeded to break it over the intruders back and in his words "I intended to jump in his boat and whip his azz but when my paddle broke,I fell and hit my shin on boat rail and ended up up on bottom of my boat with my leg hurting so bad I couldn't get up for a few minutes...when I got up,my partner told me that guy in back of other boat had jumped down,cranked engine and took off with trolling motor still down"......
when he got to weigh-in that afternoon,the other guy had already left but apparently told the tourney director his version of getting a paddle broke over his back.....tournament director asked for his version then told him..."I don't blame you what you did but I have disqualify you for unsportsmanlike conduct' and told him that he was welcome to continue fishing the redman trail just don't be breaking paddles over peoples back...

when I hear all the stories of people encroaching on other fishermen,I can't help but think we need more paddles being broke over inconsiderate fishermen....

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: beartrap] #11634446 05/30/16 02:13 AM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: beartrap
this happened at a bama div. redman on west point lake back in late 80's....I've known the guy that told me this for several years and do not doubt it happened as he related it...plus the tournament director verified his story later.....this guy had found some fish on a point day before the tourney and ran directly there first thing on tourney day....put his anchor down and pulled his trolling motor up...rules at the time were you couldn't fish within 50 yards of anchored boat with trolling motor up....our guy caught a big fish first cast and another contestant saw him landing the fish,stopped,dropped trolling motor and headed toward the point with intention of getting between our guy and the point...our guy hollers at him twice that he is anchored and the intruding boat...intruding boat ignored him and guy operating the trolling motor made the comment over his shoulder "screw you little S.O.B.-you don't own the lake"....that was wrong thing to say...our guy pulled his anchor up,dropped his trolling motor and headed toward intruder's boat..the intruder never turned around and continued to fish and ignore him..he picked up his paddle and proceeded to break it over the intruders back and in his words "I intended to jump in his boat and whip his azz but when my paddle broke,I fell and hit my shin on boat rail and ended up up on bottom of my boat with my leg hurting so bad I couldn't get up for a few minutes...when I got up,my partner told me that guy in back of other boat had jumped down,cranked engine and took off with trolling motor still down"......
when he got to weigh-in that afternoon,the other guy had already left but apparently told the tourney director his version of getting a paddle broke over his back.....tournament director asked for his version then told him..."I don't blame you what you did but I have disqualify you for unsportsmanlike conduct' and told him that he was welcome to continue fishing the redman trail just don't be breaking paddles over peoples back...

when I hear all the stories of people encroaching on other fishermen,I can't help but think we need more paddles being broke over inconsiderate fishermen....

You are exactly right!!

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634489 05/30/16 02:24 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I was fishing off a point way up on the upper end of Fork a few years ago and 3 guys in a Chem-cal wrapped fancy rig went by me and marked a way point, threw an empty Thunderbird bottle at me, mooned me and I think one even called me a name...

#MFGA
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Douglas J] #11634595 05/30/16 03:03 AM
Ken A. Online Content OP
Groovy
OP Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I was fishing off a point way up on the upper end of Fork a few years ago and 3 guys in a Chem-cal wrapped fancy rig went by me and marked a way point, threw an empty Thunderbird bottle at me, mooned me and I think one even called me a name...

It was an empty bottle of MD 20/20! Get it right!! LOL

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634638 05/30/16 03:24 AM
mwbmod74 Offline
Angler
Angler
A couple years back I had a spot found on Fayette Co that was really producing good numbers and good solid fish as well. It was in a spot that doesn't get much pressure cause frankly theres nothing really there too "hold" fish as far as structure goes, but t does. Anyways me and my son was in my boat and my nephew and his girl friend was in his, we were about 50ft apart and all throwing c-rigs to a fairly small area and wearing them out having a blast. were prolly 200 yards from bank, and I see this guy coming down the bank, im not thinking nothing bout it, next thing I know this jack wagon pulls right in between our two boats,,,,, im like dude WTF?? He never says anythng he just starts throwing his spinnerbait naturally never catches anythng. I ask him how he likes having a front row seat to the Bill Dance show,,, he just mumbles and goes on his way.....HaHa,,,,loser....
That same spot to this day still produces lots of good fish,,,, and its still hardly pressured.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Douglas J] #11634660 05/30/16 03:39 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

So they obviously knew you... roflmao

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: SoCal Tom] #11634686 05/30/16 03:53 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

So they obviously knew you... roflmao

The only part that even remotely made me mad was the fact the wine bottle was empty!

#MFGA
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634788 05/30/16 06:06 AM
D
District Paddle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Yeah, well, clearly you and Mike Iaconelli think that you own every lake in the United States.

Hey, buddy, that water is public. I own it just as much as you do.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634835 05/30/16 10:42 AM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I had a guy on Fork get his lure caught in the rope to my marker bouy...I had to go get it untangled for him... While his buddy in the back kept casting where my boat was sitting before I trolled over to him!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide