Forums59
Topics1,039,150
Posts13,960,045
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634836 05/30/16 10:43 AM
mwbmod74 Offline
Angler
Angler
D Paddle, so you think its cool to just pull right up on someone who is fishing a certain small area? Not a boat with TM going down a bank but just sitting clearly in one confined spot. If you do thats jacked up, yea we all know its public water, but come on man, have some respect, I see your a kayaker, I bet you want the bass boats to give you plenty room when running,,,,, right? I mean after all I own that strip of water 4ft from you as much as you do......

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11634837 05/30/16 10:46 AM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I also had another guy throw his homemade anchor in the water so close to me that the water from the splash of his anchor drop got my shoes wet... I also had a marker bouy out then to... Gotta love Fork!

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635007 05/30/16 01:40 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Fishing a smaller public lake (about 70 acres/one boat ramp) The lake has several arms/creeks/points and has grass and weeds for about 20 yards into the lake, the entire circumference. I'm the only person on the lake fishing a stretch where reeds drop off into the deepest water in the lake. After catching some bass flipping the reeds, I'm busy retying. I look up and see a boat has launched and is motoring toward me. Sure enough, he starts flipping the reeds 15 yards ahead of me in the direction I'm traveling. We are the only two people on the 70 acre lake.

I give him the hey what's up pointing the the rest of the lake. He ignores me and continues flipping the reeds for 10 minutes. Guess he started to feel guilty, and then motored off.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: District Paddle] #11635155 05/30/16 03:01 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
Originally Posted By: District Paddle
Yeah, well, clearly you and Mike Iaconelli think that you own every lake in the United States.

Hey, buddy, that water is public. I own it just as much as you do.

Hey Dean,

I hope you're not being serious about me thinking I own every lake in Texas??

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635198 05/30/16 03:28 PM
D
District Paddle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Ha ha settle down guys, just joking.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635200 05/30/16 03:30 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
Thank Goodness! thumb

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: District Paddle] #11635243 05/30/16 04:02 PM
R
RL206 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted By: District Paddle
Ha ha settle down guys, just joking.

Sure...

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635269 05/30/16 04:23 PM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Walleye fisherman are just as bad, you should see the boats attracted to a buoy or to a boat which dares to pull out a net! I've seen drifting boats actually bump each other. A big group of boats will the fishing the same drift and some jerk with toss the anchor and park right in the middle. Don't you dare luck onto a spot on the spot that some local thinks he owns. When he shows up there will be blood if you stay!

I bet a lot of us don't use a net or keep it discreet if we do

I like to drop a bouy out away from me and watch other boats come and check it out.

Just imagine what the guides feel like with everybody crowding them.

I really respect the guys that still believe in some common consideration.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635306 05/30/16 04:45 PM
Fish Killer Online Happy
Big Sexy
Online Happy
Big Sexy
Was crappie fishing a brushpile on grapevine a few years ago and was about 10 yards off my bouy

Had a guy in a kayak paddle over to the bouy and pick it up out of the water and then as me what it was for....

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Fish Killer] #11635384 05/30/16 05:31 PM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Was crappie fishing a brushpile on grapevine a few years ago and was about 10 yards off my bouy

Had a guy in a kayak paddle over to the bouy and pick it up out of the water and then as me what it was for....

I've never seen one and I don't even know what it's for. But I wouldn't go picking one up.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635488 05/30/16 06:37 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
A buddy and I had a weekend series guy with a co-angler throw out a bouy on a spot we were fishing about 1/2 mile out in the middle of the lake nowhere near anything. He never looked up from his graph and never saw us until he had thrown it out. He was 20 yards away at most. His coangler looked at us in disbelief his pro was doing this. We continued to fish the spot catching a couple limits next to his bouy while he sat about 75 yards away just watching. Once we cleaned out the spot, we told him he could have it and left it for him haha. His coangler actually ended up turning him in to the TD for what he did.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635493 05/30/16 06:38 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Watched a fist fight break out once on lake Livingston. 2 older (60's maybe) guys in a pontoon were anchored up over a school of white bass about 15 yards from us. All fine and dandy, we were carrying on a good conversation all the while catching fish. 2 younger (late 20s maybe) guys in an aluminum boat come trolling in between us. They made 3 passes when one of the older gentleman said something along the lines of "quit running over the g.d. fish and anchor up like the rest of us ad you will catch more. Young guy running boat decided those were fighting words and threw a beer bottle at the older gents. Wasn't 2 min later and the young guy was being drug out of his boat into the pontoon and getting the snot beat out of him by the two older guys. Only lasted about a minute but the young guy left pretty bad looking. Afterwards the two older gents acted like nothing had happened and went back to our previous conversation. Absolutely the craziest thing ive ever seen. Funny this is i overheard the second younger guy tell the boat driver/owner "I told you that wasn't smart to drive between them"

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635520 05/30/16 06:46 PM
M. Alexander Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
We weren't fishing a buoy, but on Grapevine on couple years back we were working our way down the bank about soft roll cast's length away from the shore. I saw a guy in a kayak headed towards us. Always trying to be friendly on the water, I gave him a wave hello when he was about 40 yds away. Didn't even cross my mind in that moment that he wouldn't know better than to cut between us and the bank, but that's exactly what he did. I was too shocked & in disbelief of what I just saw I didn't say anything to the dude.

Mark
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11635618 05/30/16 08:02 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
heard this story from several different sources so I'm pretty sure there is some truth to it....back in early 70's B.A.S.S. had a tournament on Eufaula(Al.).....a well known pro had found a school of bass on a river ledge and was leading after first two days.....third day he heads to his spot and there is an old man anchored there catching a fish about every cast.....the versions of the story I've heard is that our pro told the old man about him being in a tournament and leading with fish he had caught on this spot.....not even sure if the old man knew what a tournament was but he informed our pro that he had been fishing this spot ever since they built the lake and he wasn't going anywhere....at some point our pro got pretty upset with the old man and proceeded not only cuss him out but cast over his line into the same area....the old man put his rod down,reached in his tackle box and pulled out a pistol...he told our pro that he was gonna count to 10 and our pro wasn't gone,he was gonna put 5 holes in his boat and one hole in the pro if he needed to...the old man started counting and when he got to 7 he cocked the pistol...at the count of 8 our pro left......not 100% sure how much of this is true "but son,it makes a good story"......

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: beartrap] #11635628 05/30/16 08:10 PM
P
Preacher Ed Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted By: beartrap
heard this story from several different sources so I'm pretty sure there is some truth to it....back in early 70's B.A.S.S. had a tournament on Eufaula(Al.).....a well known pro had found a school of bass on a river ledge and was leading after first two days.....third day he heads to his spot and there is an old man anchored there catching a fish about every cast.....the versions of the story I've heard is that our pro told the old man about him being in a tournament and leading with fish he had caught on this spot.....not even sure if the old man knew what a tournament was but he informed our pro that he had been fishing this spot ever since they built the lake and he wasn't going anywhere....at some point our pro got pretty upset with the old man and proceeded not only cuss him out but cast over his line into the same area....the old man put his rod down,reached in his tackle box and pulled out a pistol...he told our pro that he was gonna count to 10 and our pro wasn't gone,he was gonna put 5 holes in his boat and one hole in the pro if he needed to...the old man started counting and when he got to 7 he cocked the pistol...at the count of 8 our pro left......not 100% sure how much of this is true "but son,it makes a good story"......
Aw, c'mon-tell us which pro it was...lol

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide