Re: About Ike's , [Re: Txduckhunter] #11631489 05/28/16 02:55 AM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Originally Posted By: danwill12
As a safety concern they have DUI checkpoints don't they? I know that is public property also. An Angler has the right to not be hassled by you fools that think it is cool. It is the lax enforcement that is causing this problem. If you have 4 guys in 1 boat what is the weight load of that boat? Most of you Bubba's tip the scale over 275lb. That alone would be 1,100lbs. I'm not aware of a bass boat that is load rated for that. Not to mention all the other violations a sharp cop can hang on your arz. So is that how you see Government Involvement?

6'6 -265 and being a "bubba" isn't an insult to me.
However, I have my pick of lakes and would rather go fishing somewhere else than mess with the circus that these big events usually bring to town. No offense to those who do attend.
I'm also not going to call the GW if someone cuts me off or catches a fish in front of me. Regardless of whether I'm in a tourney or not. We "Bubba's " call that wearing big boy pants and just go on with our day...

Well I call it chicken [censored], and your part of the problem, turning your cheek, cause you turn the cheek they are going to take advantage of it!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11631953 05/28/16 03:36 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Scenario: a man fishing a stretch of bank, that he normally fishes, & a pro pulls up to fish it also.
1. 2 sides of the coin, why should the man fishing pull up & leave to let the pro have it? He fishes there regularly. If a fan starts to complain to that man about him needing to leave, isn't that also harassment of a fisherman that is legally fishing on public water?
2. Remember, that coin has 2 sides & the everyday Joe has rights also.
Personally, I WOULD 1: pull up & let the pro have it because I DO love to watch the pros at work. 2:if I wanted to fish, 3: I'd DEFINATELY pick a different lake for that day, because I do follow the pro's to observe & wouldn't want to interfere with their paycheck in any way.
It's very important to remember , not every fisherman follows, or even cares, about the Big Trail fishermen. Very touchy issue & I wish it weren't that way, but , it is.

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11631991 05/28/16 04:04 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
So what if you pull in BEHIND the pro? Is that against the rule too? I would get enjoyment pulling behind one and catching a fish.

Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11632072 05/28/16 05:05 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Online Embarrased
TFF Team Angler
Online Embarrased
TFF Team Angler
F
Still public water and the only rule is you can't fish within like a 100 yards of a boat with a anchor down.

Re: About Ike's , [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #11632119 05/28/16 06:07 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted By: Finesse Master
Still public water and the only rule is you can't fish within like a 100 yards of a boat with a anchor down.

There is no such law in Texas.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: About Ike's , [Re: Dbranch3] #11632401 05/28/16 09:00 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Dbranch3
As a safety concern they have DUI checkpoints don't they? I know that is public property also. An Angler has the right to not be hassled by you fools that think it is cool. It is the lax enforcement that is causing this problem. If you have 4 guys in 1 boat what is the weight load of that boat? Most of you Bubba's tip the scale over 275lb. That alone would be 1,100lbs. I'm not aware of a bass boat that is load rated for that. Not to mention all the other violations a sharp cop can hang on your arz. So is that how you see Government Involvement?

However, I have my pick of lakes and would rather go fishing somewhere else than mess with the circus that these big events usually bring to town. No offense to those who do attend.
I'm also not going to call the GW if someone cuts me off or catches a fish in front of me. Regardless of whether I'm in a tourney or not. We "Bubba's " call that wearing big boy pants and just go on with our day...

Well I call it chicken [censored], and your part of the problem, turning your cheek, cause you turn the cheek they are going to take advantage of it!

1)you don't know me or anything about me. 2)betting the odds are pretty good that you wouldn't call me chick**** to my face. 3) There is no winning this argument but I will offer this......
I'm not going to say something to someone who has not broken a law just because he fishes in front of some pro. Not my place, nor is it yours. How do you know how he is going to react to this affront? Most everyone on this board has made the comment that it's not worth coming to blows over. IF you do feel that way, you are considered some sort of degenerate or caveman.
It has been suggested to take photos and post them to publicly humiliate them.......Really? The guys in question are posting on social media about their actions and showing the fish. What can be done to embarrass them?
Remember, in our eyes they are committing a social gaffe or unethical action. In their eyes, they are heroes and legends in their own mind. They STILL have not broken a LAW.

I'm involved in a lot of youth activities. You want to change things? Get involved with kids or people who are just getting into the sport and educate them. Show them how you should act and teach them the things that will stop them from being the butt of a joke on a fishing forum...

Last edited by Txduckhunter; 05/28/16 09:03 PM.
Re: About Ike's , [Re: Txduckhunter] #11632509 05/28/16 10:15 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Dbranch3

1)you don't know me or anything about me. 2)betting the odds are pretty good that you wouldn't call me chick**** to my face. 3) There is no winning this argument but I will offer this......
I'm not going to say something to someone who has not broken a law just because he fishes in front of some pro. Not my place, nor is it yours. How do you know how he is going to react to this affront? Most everyone on this board has made the comment that it's not worth coming to blows over. IF you do feel that way, you are considered some sort of degenerate or caveman.
It has been suggested to take photos and post them to publicly humiliate them.......Really? The guys in question are posting on social media about their actions and showing the fish. What can be done to embarrass them?
Remember, in our eyes they are committing a social gaffe or unethical action. In their eyes, they are heroes and legends in their own mind. They STILL have not broken a LAW.

I'm involved in a lot of youth activities. You want to change things? Get involved with kids or people who are just getting into the sport and educate them. Show them how you should act and teach them the things that will stop them from being the butt of a joke on a fishing forum...

Can I get a slow clap? That's good stuff. Keeping it classy and thoughtful while standing your ground. Well done duck.

Re: About Ike's , [Re: jbcarroll3000] #11632563 05/28/16 10:48 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
This.

Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634310 05/30/16 01:14 AM
B
BAGaBass Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Im with duck on this one.

Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634335 05/30/16 01:26 AM
2014NITROZ-7 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I think what some people are forgetting is there is a law for harassing a person who is not breaking the law.While it is poor sportsmanship it is not against the law to fish close to someone.

Last edited by 2014NITROZ-7; 05/30/16 01:32 AM.
Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634828 05/30/16 10:36 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Article, Where was Fish and Game? Could they not have set up shop around some of these boats and pulled safety checks or just watched for harassment of an angler? I'm not singling out either state or angler but where they not aware that a major event was taking place that time and place. I would bet a few well placed state boats would end the horse puckey. Maybe they don't truly care.

What harassment? Fishing a spot after someone else left it?

Re: About Ike's , [Re: 2014NITROZ-7] #11634830 05/30/16 10:37 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7
I think what some people are forgetting is there is a law for harassing a person who is not breaking the law.

Good luck on getting that law enforced.

Many laws on the books, only a few get enforced............

Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634909 05/30/16 12:16 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
The reason there are DIU checkpoints is because drinking and driving is illegal. There is no way to logically compare that and proximity to another angler. One is illegal and one isn't, and there's no reason to get government involved in areas where no laws are being broken or at risk of being broken.

There is probably no way to fix this unless TPWD makes the water off-limits for non-tournament boaters on tournament days or at least off-limits to any fishing. That would allow spectator boats, but would eliminate any risks of people fishing an area before the tournament angler gets there. Downside of course is that you might head to the lake having no idea a tournament is there and be turned away. If we got used to seeing a list of off-limits lakes and dates on January 1 of each year, it might be easy to adjust and not worry about wasting your time. Just a thought. If it was only done for WM FLW Tour & BASS events or anything else at that level, it wouldn't make very many lakes off-limits, and it would only be a few days a year.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634910 05/30/16 12:18 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
The name-calling and fat jokes for folks you've never met is a bit over the top. This is a public forum. I see those as the internet equivalent of hole-jumping. Unnecessary and unproductive. thumb

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: About Ike's , [Re: danwill12] #11634939 05/30/16 12:49 PM
R
rsmith Offline
Angler
Angler
R
why should they close down a lake paid for with tax $ for a tournament when most people fishing that lake don't even care about the tournament
I will give the pros as much respect as I give any other fisherman

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide