Print Thread
Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods #11622435 05/24/16 03:01 PM
L
Leviathan Rods Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
We're a new fishing rod company based in Austin, TX and we're making the most fish-rippin' rods on the planet. What makes our rods different? They're completely handmade in Austin, the blanks are individually registered and backed by limited lifetime warranties, and they're made from the finest components on Earth. Finally, our style is unlike anything you've seen in fishing and stands out from the crowd. Check it out for yourself: Leviathan Outdoors

Eric Gomez
CEO, Leviathan Outdoors
Austin, TX
www.leviathanoutdoors.com
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: Leviathan Rods] #11622470 05/24/16 03:13 PM
B
BubbaToon Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Beautiful work, but there needs to be a better description of the rods on your site.

Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: BubbaToon] #11622526 05/24/16 03:29 PM
L
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thanks for the feedback! In what way? I can tell you that we're wanting to create rods that can be used in multiple fishing applications at that same time--strong enough for inshore popping, for example, but responsive enough for crank baits and topwaters on the lake. I'm not too big a fan of these extremely diversified fishing products that are on the market today. I deal with many of the manufactures, and the blanks and components are largely the same, but are repackaged for different applications for sales reasons. Would you mind clarifying so that I can be sure to improve our products? Thanks so much!

Eric Gomez
CEO, Leviathan Outdoors
Austin, TX
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: Leviathan Rods] #11622688 05/24/16 04:43 PM
The Crappie Guy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Very nice finish on your rods and the blanks are from the best. Considering that they are St Croix and Loomis, I would assume that all rods are non-parabolic, which is my favorite build on a rod. Do you build on the hard side or soft side of the blanks? My suggestion on you website would be that you state lengths, one or two piece (most likely one pc if non-parabolic), tip action (F, XF, etc), mid section action (light, med or hvy), and since this post is in the crappie section, which rod(s) would be applicable given the species. It's admirable that you gave up a profession for a trade. I did the same years ago when I started building custom ocean rods for guys on the west coast. Good luck to you...........

"The Crappie Guy"

Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: The Crappie Guy] #11622741 05/24/16 05:06 PM
L
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thank you; very, very helpful. Yes, non-parabolic rods, and the build depends on the casting style and the particular guide we're using. We certainly keep the hard/soft side of the blanks in mind with each build. We'll get to work better specifying the criteria you've mentioned--it has been a lingering question whether we should do that for a while now. All of our rod lines (save the Deep Six) can be made to adapt to crappie fishing--we just need to build on lighter blanks and seats, and we're happy to accommodate those modifications. Please feel free to make an order, based on style, and to state that you want a crappie build. You're welcome to provide specifics (length, pieces, action, power and casting style), and we're always available for you with personalized service:

eric@leviathanoutdoors.com
512-239-8543

Eric Gomez
CEO, Leviathan Outdoors
Austin, TX
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: Leviathan Rods] #11623175 05/24/16 07:37 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Suggestions:
Most people don't have a clue about a rod blank except length and power, UL, L, M, MH, ect. They don't know the model number has a power rating built in. Listing specific models of blanks and what their application is would be helpful to most. Maybe a link to St Croix so they can review the various blanks and applications. Without some beginning reference point, you're going to be spending a lot of time in discussion about what someone wants. For crappie, the rods being used are from 4.5 to 16 ft. with lots of different applications.
Adding Batson blanks might be a consideration. Their Rainshadow line is awesome also.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: Ken Gaby] #11623296 05/24/16 08:34 PM
L
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Great feedback! Thank you; we will be incorporating your suggestions. We are actually in talks with Batson right now to begin using their products. Love your messages at the bottom> Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

Eric Gomez
CEO, Leviathan Outdoors
Austin, TX
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: Leviathan Rods] #11623416 05/24/16 09:13 PM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I'm a fan of the burnt orange one personally! Hook'em!!

Good luck in your new venture. When I get an extra 300 bucks i'd be interested in the texas custom rod.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonroofingdfw.com
Re: Austin-based Leviathan Custom Rods [Re: jcarring99] #11625431 05/25/16 04:18 PM
L
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thanks, brother! I'm hoping that you find that extra $300 too wink

Eric Gomez
CEO, Leviathan Outdoors
Austin, TX
Previous Thread