859119 Topics
11270494 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11617884 - 05/22/16 09:44 AM CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Coppell Tx.

Weather was fantastic...Fishing was different on tourney day as one might imagine. I believe the full moon kept the big fish feeding throughout the night. Word was the same throughout the teams that there big bite disappeared from the day before. Now as you know, some teams will always figure something out. That's what makes this club what it is today.....

Here is a shot of the full moon at sunrise....

It's all coming together and we have you covered @ Shut-Up-And-Fish LLC
for all your Humminbird, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs.
We install & educate as well!!! 972 737 8161

#11617998 - 05/22/16 10:44 AM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
Slewfoot Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: E Texas
That lake was a lot of fun! Those fish hit a jig like they haven't seen food in a month. When I saw the schedule I wasn't looking forward to Pines, Lavon, Roberts, or Tawakoni. Haha! Maybe I should not look forward to Cooper and Texoma too. Lakes I don't like have been pretty good to me this year. Lucky I guess. Sure wish I could have gotten where I wanted to fish on Roberts. Sounds like the fish were there. Oh well! I'll be back!! thumb

#11618139 - 05/22/16 12:25 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
I love fishing Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Ft Worth, Tx
David - For future reference is CAT tournament for CAT members only? Something I and my wife might be interested. Thanks

#11618164 - 05/22/16 12:38 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
Ken Gaby Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Belton, TX
You do have to be a member of CAT to fish the qualifier tournaments and the Championship. You don't have to be member to fish Crappie Fest.
www.thermoclinelures.com / "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders

#11618197 - 05/22/16 01:03 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: Ken Gaby]
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Coppell Tx.
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
You do have to be a member of CAT to fish the qualifier tournaments and the Championship. You don't have to be member to fish Crappie Fest.

Or to attend meetings...Come see us.

It's all coming together and we have you covered @ Shut-Up-And-Fish LLC
for all your Humminbird, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs.
We install & educate as well!!! 972 737 8161

#11618552 - 05/22/16 04:37 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: Slewfoot]
UJC Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Plano, TX
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
That lake was a lot of fun! Those fish hit a jig like they haven't seen food in a month. When I saw the schedule I wasn't looking forward to Pines, Lavon, Roberts, or Tawakoni. Haha! Maybe I should not look forward to Cooper and Texoma too. Lakes I don't like have been pretty good to me this year. Lucky I guess. Sure wish I could have gotten where I wanted to fish on Roberts. Sounds like the fish were there. Oh well! I'll be back!! thumb

I call BS. Three wins and a second place finish out of 4 tournaments. BTW, this is a compliment. flehan

LOVE GOLD

Jimmy

#11619622 - 05/23/16 08:14 AM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Lewisville
Congrats to all the winners.

We had a good time and caught a lot of fish but just couldn't find the quality fish that we were looking for. Didn't matter though because we DQ'ed ourselves by not making the weigh-in in time (went to the wrong ramp - all my fault). Apparently, we were not even registered for the tournament although I personally paid on-line through the CAT website. I guess we were doomed from the beginning!!!

Oh well, made for one heck of a crappie dinner last night.

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/

#11620164 - 05/23/16 11:32 AM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
Slewfoot Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: E Texas
Ouch!!! I wish we launched at Pecan Creek again Saturday and went to weight in by boat! $7 a person at Jordan Park like to kill a couple poor old country boys like me and Clay. We were almost digging for change in the seats of the Yota! Maybe CAT can list the ramp fee's next year! I drove there that morning with 5 crisp $1 bills and thought we would be good!! violin

Thanks Jimmy!!! I had some pretty good fisherman teach me growing up and then when we moved to E Tx I met Bob Young. He was my crappie mentor, I think about him every time I fish a bridge. He was like a wizard when it came to catching bridge fish. He's who I would have to give most of my crappie fishing credit too. Am learning alot from CAT and getting a little better each time. Man crappie fishing is fun! Beats the heck outta sitting on a bleacher and watching kids play soccer! Thanks Little man for wanting to fish crappie tournaments!! thumb

#11620300 - 05/23/16 12:32 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
Action_Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Good job fellas thumb thumb

"STAY ready for the THUMP"!!!!

#11621560 - 05/23/16 09:14 PM Re: CAT results for Lake Ray Roberts Tournament [Re: shut-up-and-fish]
HooknSlabs35 Online   content
Outdoorsman

Loc: Burleson, TX
We had a great time at the tourney as always. I really enjoyed fishing Ray Roberts for the first time. From 7:00 am to 07:30 we caught our 2 biggest fish bridge fishing. After we caught 2 monsters right off the bat we were feeling good about the day. But as luck would have it and as fishing goes, the bite on the bridge dwindled quickly and we struggled to find big fish the rest of the day. It's always fun though. Congrats to the winners!

Edited by HooknSlabs35 (05/24/16 09:59 AM)

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide