facebook
Forum Stats
102710 Members
61 Forums
858901 Topics
11267352 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11607481 - 05/17/16 07:14 AM Puppy apocalypse/ American angler...
TroyKing Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Carthage Tx
Yesterday evening I was trying out my new fillet knife on some fat slabs.I had let my 5 month old squirrel dog pup out of her kennel and she was running around getting into every thing...now she's a beautiful cross bred pup and she's all feet and ears, and clumsy and crazy...like a bull in a China closet...anyway I'm cleaning crappie and trying to keep any eye on her when I hear her scream once.. ok no big deal...then she starts squealing,yelping,barking,growling, howling...you ain't never at the ruckus...,things wer falling, bainging, whooping, beating and knocking...and this was just behind my shed where I keep extra junk stored, I couldn't see what was going on, and thought maybe a coyote had snuck up on her. About the time I put the fillet knife down and stepped out from the shed to see what was going on...a ball of brindle Brown legs and ears comes rolling out from under my boat trailer all wrapped up in a tomato cage...boy you talk about funny I laughed till I cried... just thought I'd share this with y'all.
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#11607517 - 05/17/16 07:33 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
cellis Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Arlington
roflmao

#11607520 - 05/17/16 07:36 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
bush hog Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Beckville, TX
Ya gotta love puppies....what they don't tear up they tinkle on. Were those Martin crappie you were cleaning?

Edited by bush hog (05/17/16 07:36 AM)

#11607524 - 05/17/16 07:38 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Sounds like would have been hilarious photo moment.... Great story...thanks for passing along!!
:topics:

God Bless

Edited by Lee in Texas (05/17/16 07:41 AM)
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827

#11607528 - 05/17/16 07:40 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
banker-always fishing Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Universal City Tx.
Good Stuff! Enjoyed the post! cheers

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

#11607592 - 05/17/16 08:00 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: bush hog]
TroyKing Offline
Pro Angler

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Ya gotta love puppies....what they don't tear up they tinkle on. Were those Martin crappie you were cleaning?
yes sir!! We had one of those epic crappie fishing trips...for an hour and a half I never Sat down.i was trying to re rig a rod for jig fishing ( left my jig rod at the camp) but couldn't even get under my deck to me jig bag.The wife and boys were pulling fish in so fast, all I had time to do was take fish off the hook, throw them in the floor,put a minnow on, try to measure fish,untangle lines...all that times three... I finally got a double uni spliced on and found an old 1/16 once head with an old crusty black emerald shinier still on it...when they finished off a half pound of shiners I made my first cast and put about ten gooduns in the boat before it got dark. We had to go chase jug lines after that.
The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?

#11607820 - 05/17/16 09:46 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
bush hog Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Beckville, TX
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Originally Posted By: bush hog
yes sir!! We had one of those epic crappie fishing trips...for an hour and a half I never Sat down.i was trying to re rig a rod for jig fishing ( left my jig rod at the camp) but couldn't even get under my deck to me jig bag.The wife and boys were pulling fish in so fast, all I had time to do was take fish off the hook, throw them in the floor,put a minnow on, try to measure fish,untangle lines...all that times three... I finally got a double uni spliced on and found an old 1/16 once head with an old crusty black emerald shinier still on it...when they finished off a half pound of shiners I made my first cast and put about ten gooduns in the boat before it got dark. We had to go chase jug lines after that.

Haha, now that would have made a funny video. You needed that puppy in the mix. taz Sounds like you cleaned a lot of fish. Glad ya'll had such a good trip...only problem now is the wife and kids will expect that kind of action from now on. roflmao

Edited by bush hog (05/17/16 09:46 AM)

#11607844 - 05/17/16 09:55 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: TroyKing]
jrc Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Longview, TX
Who'd you get the pup from, I know most of the folks that run squirrel dogs. It is another one of my nasty habits.

#11607950 - 05/17/16 10:41 AM Re: Puppy apocalypse/ American angler... [Re: jrc]
TroyKing Offline
Pro Angler

Originally Posted By: jrc
Who'd you get the pup from, I know most of the folks that run squirrel dogs. It is another one of my nasty habits.
I've got a ole momma dog with some good blood in her, been trying to raise a good pup for years,However I could've bought some fine dogs with the money iv tied up trying to do it myself.

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide