You always have a few things that need to be stored in cabinets. I have found that all the rest needs to be quickly accessed. This is not exactly how my shop is done but here are my suggestions:
- build two rows of lower cabinets with doors having your work bench counter top for all the items you will be working on. I put everything I can in the clear storage boxes in those under cabinets. You can never have enough counter space.
- Put a high wide shelf near the ceiling that that you can store the items that are hardly ever used. I put all these things that are small enough in the clear plastic tubs with lids. I can look up there and see basically what is inside and get the ladder to get one down when needed.
- Several racks built to hold the Plano boxes looks really impressive in each corner of your work bench area sitting on top.
- Pegboard the whole shop area even if you are going to put floor cabinets over some of it. If you decide to rearrange then it want be a problem.
- All space between the counter top and upper shelf can be used to hand packages of plastics and etc..
- Air-conditioning is a must have in order to stay out there to work. Make those arrangements from the beginning.
It is still cluttered when I unload the boat for any reason.
Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success. www.lakeoviachic.com
- Booking Mexico Trips
Shallow Water Mapping - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic