My advise is use live shad. If you don't have a shad tank follow directions below. If you put 2-3 dozen shad in the bucket you can fish for a couple hours. By then you will have limited out on stripers.
1. have two blue lowes buckets
2. have two aerators going in the buckets before you put shad in them
3. throw a handfull of sea salt in both buckets
4. Put no more than 3-4 dozen shad in the first bucket. if you put more in than that sometimes they will die before you get them out.
5. If a shad hits the floor throw it back in the water. It won't make it. Shad must go directly from the net into the bucket.
6. Let them puke and poop and mess up the water for a few minutes then scoop out no more than 3 dozen into the second bucket. Discard all the remaining shad. The bottom of the first bucket will have what looks like mud in the bottom. Nasty stuff.
7. Refill the second bucket with clean water and add salt.
8. If you notice foam on the top of the bucket with the shad or shad getting red nose or dying, move them to the bucket with the clean new water and repeat step 7 with that bucket. You could add foam of or non dairy creamer but it's a waste of time since the shad will need to be moved from bucket to bucket as they mess up the water.
John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.