Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Expectations When Locating Fish [Re: JavelinJ] #11595152 05/11/16 12:19 AM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
When I'm looking for fish, I expect them to jump in the boat as soon as it slides off the trailer lol... Really though, I always expect to see a few at most places I stop. Side scan helps, especially in very shallow water. There were a few times this Feb and March that I went to my usual spots and looked for fish. This was in 30 ft water, and the graph was basically barren of fish. We stopped anyway and as I was putting the trolling motor down my kid already had a fish on a slab. We fished about 2-3 minutes and wham, both of us at the same time hooked up. This went on for over an hour and we caught over 90 fish spot locked right there. Some times they would die off and then in a few minutes here we go again. During all this, the graph would have fish all over it at times using the 83 kHz 2-d, and other times it was empty, no thumping those days either. I learned a few years ago when looking for whites, you may not see arches when they are near bottom, it may look like a blob of rocks. I get aggravated when I locate a big school, and you cant get a bite for nothing. I always tell myself it was probably gar since I cant really distinguish fish types that well on the graph.

Re: Expectations When Locating Fish [Re: TCK73] #11595248 05/11/16 01:03 AM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: TCK73
When I'm looking for fish, I expect them to jump in the boat as soon as it slides off the trailer lol... Really though, I always expect to see a few at most places I stop. Side scan helps, especially in very shallow water. There were a few times this Feb and March that I went to my usual spots and looked for fish. This was in 30 ft water, and the graph was basically barren of fish. We stopped anyway and as I was putting the trolling motor down my kid already had a fish on a slab. We fished about 2-3 minutes and wham, both of us at the same time hooked up. This went on for over an hour and we caught over 90 fish spot locked right there. Some times they would die off and then in a few minutes here we go again. During all this, the graph would have fish all over it at times using the 83 kHz 2-d, and other times it was empty, no thumping those days either. I learned a few years ago when looking for whites, you may not see arches when they are near bottom, it may look like a blob of rocks. I get aggravated when I locate a big school, and you cant get a bite for nothing. I always tell myself it was probably gar since I cant really distinguish fish types that well on the graph.

Sounds like we need to take your boat then cheers

Re: Expectations When Locating Fish [Re: JavelinJ] #11595257 05/11/16 01:06 AM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: txfour
Originally Posted By: TCK73

Sounds like we need to take your boat then cheers

Just pure dumb luck, I can guarantee you. I cant count the number of times I have driven home with my tail between my legs and no fish in the box.

Re: Expectations When Locating Fish [Re: Mr Brisket] #11595602 05/11/16 02:52 AM
L
Lake Side Lures Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
If anyone wants to learn to find fish with their side imaging I would recommend doing a class with Micheal Littlejohn. I did one with him and it made a world of differance for me he set my unit up and it really makes a big differance. I can find fish a lot better now. Thanks again Micheal

Frank McKinney
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide