Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: Greg Goodrich] #11611707 05/19/16 03:32 AM
N
nate king Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Greg Goodrich
I'm talking about 5 MPH over the speed limit. Good Lord. And as far as game laws go its called ethics, but I guess if you don't have any you wouldn't know about them. You know...doing the right thing even when no one else is watching? I seriously misjudged a number of members of this forum apparently.

I use to be a federal law enforcement officer, and dealt with a lot of fish and game in Louisiana and Florida. So I know a little, when it comes to ethics. I do not know of an officer that would have wrote you a 1300 dollar ticket if you called in on yourself (depending on the infraction) but to each their own, But I would be willing to bet, that he wrote you that ticket to teach you a lesson, to not call in on yourself next time.

Last edited by nate king; 05/19/16 03:34 AM.

sponsored by Photo Bucket LLC

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
I'm thinking Nate is probably right.
Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: GMB] #11611917 05/19/16 12:07 PM
R
River Mongrel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: gmbryant
I don't deer hunt anymore, but that is a law that is really fascinating to me? I would never be able to tell the difference between 13 inches and 12 inches at more than 1 inch away using a tape measure.

I would not shoot a buck where that is the law cause I would be in trouble...........

gmb

That's why you only shoot them if they are outside the ears........Geez

Keep em tight!
Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: River Mongrel] #11620407 05/23/16 06:16 PM
G
GMB Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Originally Posted By: River Mongrel
Originally Posted By: gmbryant
I don't deer hunt anymore, but that is a law that is really fascinating to me? I would never be able to tell the difference between 13 inches and 12 inches at more than 1 inch away using a tape measure.

I would not shoot a buck where that is the law cause I would be in trouble...........

gmb

That's why you only shoot them if they are outside the ears........Geez

So the ears are always 13 plus inches apart? I did not know that.

GMB

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11620558 05/23/16 07:19 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Well that's why I said it was a dumb law. TPWD's rules aren't in place for proper deer antler growth management. They are there so people don't just shoot young bucks. Which is good but at the same time if you have a 3 year old deer that has a dip S rack on him, he needs to be taken from the heard. Unless you aren't, and don't care for, management. In which case, to each his own. But a lot of people don't age deer so that's why that rule is there, I assume. The rule should be more to the effect of, don't shoot a buck under 3 years of age. Which would be unrealistic for many hunters to follow. If he has a set that are under 13" by a certain age, then you could say well I can't cull that deer because he's not outside his ears, which in my opinion is asinine.

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11620779 05/23/16 09:07 PM
N
NTXBowfisher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
wow this thread is full of butt hurt. I know who that is, i doubt he was shooting bass, he knows better than that.If yall don't like bowfishing, don't do it....

Need a NFA trust? email DallasNFA@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: NTXBowfisher] #11620840 05/23/16 09:35 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: NTXBowfisher
wow this thread is full of butt hurt. I know who that is, i doubt he was shooting bass, he knows better than that.If yall don't like bowfishing, don't do it....

^^

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: NTXBowfisher] #11622058 05/24/16 12:28 PM
C
cobryan: OB'S Guide Service Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
No one said anything about not liking bow fishing. Whether it was a bass or not is still up for debate. I stated that from where I was at it looked like a bass. But what I can tell you for sure is that I saw him shot 3 fish get them to the boat, pull the arrow out and throw them back in the water. If you are going to go to a public lake at least keep the fish in the boat and throw them away somewhere else. Also don't teach your kid that was in the boat with you that this is ok. This was my whole point to the whole discussion.

OB's Guide Service - Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Roberts, and Lake Fork
972-310-0399
https://obsguideservice.com/
https://www.facebook.com/OBSGuideService

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11622775 05/24/16 05:18 PM
G
GMB Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Originally Posted By: cobryan
No one said anything about not liking bow fishing. Whether it was a bass or not is still up for debate. I stated that from where I was at it looked like a bass. But what I can tell you for sure is that I saw him shot 3 fish get them to the boat, pull the arrow out and throw them back in the water. If you are going to go to a public lake at least keep the fish in the boat and throw them away somewhere else. Also don't teach your kid that was in the boat with you that this is ok. This was my whole point to the whole discussion.

When you make a post like this you are damaging a person reputation. Your statement that "Whether it was a bass or not is still up for debate." is not a fair comment. You just don't know.

GMB

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11622786 05/24/16 05:22 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
You caught me. blush

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: GMB] #11624857 05/25/16 12:43 PM
C
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Like I have stated I am not here to argue whether it was a bass or not, to me it looked like a bass. If he would have just been shooting the fish and keeping them I would have never said a word about anything, along with teaching your kid that it is ok to go to a public lake shoot fish and then throw them back into the lake nothing would have been said. It was more about what he was doing and showing his kid than what he was shooting. Yall can get all butt hurt about me calling him out but, if he was doing the right thing this would have never happened. And that comment about it being a bass was is as fair as it could be. Like I stated that is what it looked like to me.

972-310-0399

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11625252 05/25/16 03:06 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: cobryan
Like I have stated I am not here to argue whether it was a bass or not, to me it looked like a bass. If he would have just been shooting the fish and keeping them I would have never said a word about anything, along with teaching your kid that it is ok to go to a public lake shoot fish and then throw them back into the lake nothing would have been said. It was more about what he was doing and showing his kid than what he was shooting. Yall can get all butt hurt about me calling him out but, if he was doing the right thing this would have never happened. And that comment about it being a bass was is as fair as it could be. Like I stated that is what it looked like to me.

LOL So now it's coming out. So since you saw him allegedly throwing fish back that had been shot, it pissed you off. 10-4. And since it pissed you off, you thought one of them might have been a Bass. But had he been keeping them, "If he would have just been shooting the fish and keeping them I would have never said a word about anything" then maybe it wasn't a Bass. Gettin' close here? Next time you see somethin that you don't like or offends you bad enough to run someone down publicly, why don't you just go tell em. In person. Right then.

Last edited by G Love; 05/25/16 03:08 PM.
Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: G Love] #11625275 05/25/16 03:14 PM
C
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Was out fishing on Lake Lewisville on Saturday and saw this guy and his daughter bow fishing. Not problem with that. The issue I have is I saw him shoot 3 different fish get them to the boat and the drop them back into the water after being shot. I know that 1 was about a 3 ft gar the other looked to be a carp and the last from what I could tell looked like a bass. I just have an issue with the fact that you are shooting fish and then throwing them back. What are you teaching your kid. Stuff like this just pisses me off.

Read that carefully GLOVE it is the same statement that I just made. It looked like a bass to me. And there was no allegedly throwing fish back. I have to more people that were in the boat with me that can vouch for that. I am not running anyone down just stating the fact that is pissed me of that he was teaching his kid that it is ok to shoot stuff and throw it back in a public lake. If I knew who he was I would tell him. So why don't you offer up a name since you are protecting whoever this is.

972-310-0399

Re: Anyone know who this is. [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #11625749 05/25/16 06:00 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
^^^^
Yup its messed up
people that can't see that are tarded.

de

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index