Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Hydrowave #11567641 04/27/16 12:51 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
It appears John Braig is no longer with Hydrowave, flew the coup. New guy name Drew is now taking care of customer service. Good news, I guess. Finally got mine hooked up, now just need some decent weather to try it out.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11568722 04/27/16 02:56 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Save your money, after what I and friends saw him NOT do for customers it is no surprise.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11570258 04/28/16 02:53 AM
B
BigJohn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I just want to clear up whats going on. I have taken a step back from the day to day customer service with HydroWave. I am still 100% taking care of the TFF and BBC as well as a few other things for HydroWave. Everyone can still use my cell and PM me for anything HydroWave. I spent last week with Drew and he will be a great tem member. So I am not going to be in the office at TH but have put a lot of my time in to the customer service with HydroWave and I give you my word I did not fly the coop from HydroWave.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: lenahorse] #11570298 04/28/16 03:08 AM
B
BigJohn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: lenahorse
Save your money, after what I and friends saw him NOT do for customers it is no surprise.

Sir what did I not do for you and your friends? if I did not do something I will get it fixed as soon as you let me know.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11570794 04/28/16 02:11 PM
B
BigJohn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Sent lenahorse a PM and the guy he is referring to on his post here is not me. He closed the PM right after he sent his reply so I couldn't answer him. I never worked one of the shows at Big Town where he was told what he was. I pride myself on taking care of the customer. It just does not sit very well with me when an individual gets on a public forum and says negative things about myself when they do not know me and have never spoke to me once. Sorry for the little rant but guys saying I didn't take care of them hits deep.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11573539 04/29/16 06:22 PM
S
Streetwalker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I can answer what happened.

I was told by Gene Eisenmann, who told us he was the owner of the company that if I purchased a Hydrowave and was unhappy with it he would personally refund my money.

Hydrowave was purchased and Striper/Thump module was ordered directly from Hydrowave. After several days the module had still not shipped. Even though the website claims all orders are shipped within 48 hours.

I requested that the order for the module be cancelled and contacted Gene Eisenmann seeking a refund as promised on the unit. I was told that he could not give said refund and to return the unit to place of purchase.

Gene Eisenmann lied directly to my face about the refund and the web site makes promises that the company is unwilling/unable/incapable of fulfilling.

Lenahorse was present when Gene Eisenmann told me he would refund the money.

Two lies from the company is enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth as well as lenahorse's mouth. It also tells me there are systemic problems with the company, it's management and it's employees.

I was more than willing to give Hydrowave a try. Due to failures of the company to fulfill it's promises I was never able to do so. That's why leanhorse and I will continue to warn people about the product and the company.

Semper Fi

This Veteran heavily medicated for your safety. Keep me fishing and all will be well.
Re: Hydrowave [Re: Streetwalker] #11573656 04/29/16 07:13 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Streetwalker

I was told by Gene Eisenmann, who told us he was the owner of the company that if I purchased a Hydrowave and was unhappy with it he would personally refund my money.

Hydrowave was purchased and Striper/Thump module was ordered directly from Hydrowave. After several days the module had still not shipped. Even though the website claims all orders are shipped within 48 hours.

I requested that the order for the module be cancelled and contacted Gene Eisenmann seeking a refund as promised on the unit. I was told that he could not give said refund and to return the unit to place of purchase.

Gene Eisenmann lied directly to my face about the refund and the web site makes promises that the company is unwilling/unable/incapable of fulfilling.

Two lies from the company is enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth as well as lenahorse's mouth. It also tells me there are systemic problems with the company, it's management and it's employees.

I was more than willing to give Hydrowave a try. Due to failures of the company to fulfill it's promises I was never able to do so. That's why leanhorse and I will continue to warn people about the product and the company.

Just so I am clear... you are bashing a product you never owned because the FORMER owner made a promise he didnt keep and they did not ship your order within 48 hours? And thats enough to seek out posts about Hydrowave and bash both the product (which you have never owned) and the company thats under a completely different ownership since you had an issue? This is just plain ridiculous. If you had bought the product and it failed on you or didnt perform up to your expectations I could see wanting to let others know... from your experience the only thing you can honestly complain about is they are slow to ship and the ex owner of the company lied to you.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11573668 04/29/16 07:18 PM
T
texasbass1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Some people just can't give it a rest and move on.

Pat Leach
USAF MSgt Retired
92 Procraft 180 Pro
24 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
Minn Kota Ulterra 80
Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11573761 04/29/16 08:04 PM
L
LinkLowrance Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Crazy...I had one issue with my power cord on my H2 and they went WAY above and beyond getting it replaced for me.

I had a tournament that weekend and was in a bind, I called them in the middle of the week and John and one of the ladies (can't remember which one) got me fixed up by the end of the week. I don't know these people personally, but I'm 100% satisfied with their customer service, and I use my Hydrowave every time I fish. Sorry to hear that you had problems, but nobody is perfect and the ball will always get dropped every once in awhile.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: buda13] #11574068 04/29/16 10:28 PM
S
Streetwalker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: buda13
Originally Posted By: Streetwalker

Just so I am clear... you are bashing a product you never owned because the FORMER owner made a promise he didnt keep and they did not ship your order within 48 hours? And thats enough to seek out posts about Hydrowave and bash both the product (which you have never owned) and the company thats under a completely different ownership since you had an issue? This is just plain ridiculous. If you had bought the product and it failed on you or didnt perform up to your expectations I could see wanting to let others know... from your experience the only thing you can honestly complain about is they are slow to ship and the ex owner of the company lied to you.

You're not clear. I owned the product. Took it out on the water. Wanted to try the thump module. With the standard sounds it didn't do squat. If we used the thumping stick we could fill the screen in a few minutes. Run the Hydrowave and nothing.

Semper Fi

This Veteran heavily medicated for your safety. Keep me fishing and all will be well.
Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11574882 04/30/16 09:20 AM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I never dealt with any of the Hydrowave personnel or customer service reps directly, so I have and will continue to refrain on commenting on their collective performance. Understanding that there are always complications that need to be dealt with in product sales or anything manufactured and sold, we as consumers hope that its representatives deal with the buying publics issues with the best motives and intentions.

I bought my unit shortly after they hit the market along with thousands of others understanding the concept of sound/vibration attraction but not really understanding the technology. It was only after the purchase did I do the research behind the product in an attempt to understand it more. I spent the better part of 2 1/2 years on many different lakes and under every condition imaginable experimenting with the unit and its different settings. Over that time period I gradually started to discover that there was no identifiable consistency in the units performance or ability to attract baitfish or bass using the range of settings as described. Did it on occasion attract schools of shad? Yes occasionally. Did it ever attract any bass along with these same schools of shad? Probably so, but not to any extent graph-able that exceeded or produced out of the norm of any schooling baitfish found using other means. The fact of the matter is baitfish are not at all hard to find! And finding them is a whole lot easier and faster than attracting them.

As with "most" of the people I know and am aware of, frustrations slowly started to mount with performance of the units and realizing that 100 X more schooling baitfish can be found faster and more reliably using other means i.e. sonar, surface indications, birds and audibly. For tho's who think Hydrowave helps them out great, if it gives you confidence in its use then its money well spent and like with anything fishing related I would recommend continued use of anything that brings you confidence. I however do not share this confidence as stated in round 1 of this saga, and did so in a joking manner in which was not so well received. My overall point may have been overlooked in that all the exceptional customer/product support while well placed, means little if the product involved does not 1) meet ones expectations or 2) function in the manner for which it was advertised or intended.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11575069 04/30/16 02:04 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
The silly things people will dump their dough on never fail to give me a good knee-slappin' belly laugh.

And, the guy has valid complaints. 48 hours is 48 hours. If something interferes with that promise, take 30 seconds to change the text on the website. It's just that simple.

Personally refunding the money is personally refunding the money. If you make that promise, keep it, lest you be viewed a colossal windbag who will say anything to make a sale. It's just that simple.

"He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"
General John Kelly, United States Marine Corps (Ret.), describing Donald "Dolt45" Trump

Never be upset by the success of another. Never be pleased by the pain of another.

Ezekiel 23:20
Re: Hydrowave [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11576145 05/01/16 12:01 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I ran one of the first units for 5 or 6 years and even put the kvd chip in it, which never worked right. Kind of bad design on how the chip connected to the unit but I never complained or anything and I'm sure they would have fixed me up. The reason I never complained is because I never turned it on anymore. At first I think it masked the trolling motor sound and once it worked on a school of white bass but as of the last few years I think the fish have got conditioned to it. Now it seems like I get less bites with it on than off. I get more bites by just staying off the trolling motor and being quiet than with the hydrowave. That's an honest assessment. Not knocking the company, just my experience.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide