858597 Topics
11263417 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11564546 - 04/25/16 03:41 PM Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters
Colby Black Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Houston, TX
During the warmer months, I love to put on a top water mouse and take the kayak out for some bass fishing at night. The bass that are typically more shy during the day, come out and slam top waters at night. Your average bass size goes up and you have a blast.

The other fun aspect is that you can hardly see anything. You can often barely see the wake caused by your top water until BAM you hear a bass slam it and your rod bends over. You then fight the fish practically blind, with all your senses ramped up. Its a blast.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

#11564726 - 04/25/16 04:58 PM Re: Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters [Re: Colby Black]
Colby Black Offline
Outdoorsman

(ADMIN)

Looks like it accidently double posted. Not sure how, can you please delete this one? Thanks

#11564781 - 04/25/16 05:23 PM Re: Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters [Re: Colby Black]
pelican Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Grapevine
Topwater is a ton of fun, but I don't throw anything with treble hooks at night.
I'll start nights in mid May, can't wait.

Edited by pelican (04/25/16 05:34 PM)

I've never been good, But I've been Lucky!
I don't Lie or Exaggerate, but sometimes I remember BIG!

#11565590 - 04/25/16 10:55 PM Re: Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters [Re: pelican]
Colby Black Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: pelican
Topwater is a ton of fun, but I don't throw anything with treble hooks at night.

I throw a spro mouse with trebble hooks in water I know well. Just have to be carefull wink

#11566374 - 04/26/16 11:08 AM Re: Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters [Re: Colby Black]
pelican Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Grapevine
Originally Posted By: Colby Black

I throw a spro mouse with trebble hooks in water I know well. Just have to be carefull wink

The last time I was out I had a 8-9 lb bass wallow and shake her head, I had good pressure on her and the hook came out and it and the bait I was using hit me in the face before I could even blink. This was during daylight hours. Luckily I was using a plastic bait with very light weight and I had my sun glasses on. If this had been at night with big treble hooks it could have been really bad. Just something to think about.

I've never been good, But I've been Lucky!
I don't Lie or Exaggerate, but sometimes I remember BIG!

#11567041 - 04/26/16 03:08 PM Re: Bass Fishing At Night With Top Waters [Re: pelican]
Colby Black Offline
Outdoorsman

Geez, glad you are ok. And yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Another guy in the other thread said he wears eye protection. I think I might do that. I don't really care if a hook gets me anywhere else...just not my eyes lol

Originally Posted By: Colby Black

The last time I was out I had a 8-9 lb bass wallow and shake her head, I had good pressure on her and the hook came out and it and the bait I was using hit me in the face before I could even blink. This was during daylight hours. Luckily I was using a plastic bait with very light weight and I had my sun glasses on. If this had been at night with big treble hooks it could have been really bad. Just something to think about.

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide