Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Future of Tawakoniand [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11560996 04/23/16 08:15 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Fishboy frank, you didn't read the rest of my paragraph. But first let me say this, LTSA is a pro on how they raise money for hybrids and stripers stocking to supplement TPWD stocking, and I repeat to supplement TPWD stocking. LTSA understand this and I have not heard any of their organizer get on the Internet and talk like they own the lake, or talk about cut bag limits of whitebass or hybrids like you do. I think they have a better logic than you do, and I may be wrong, but the whole point of increasing number of fish is so that people can catch more fish, duh! And what exactly is your purpose or logic? So you raise money to stock some fish in supplement to TPWD stocking and you now want to cut the number of fish people can keep? People are better off without you, no thank you.

Now to my original comment, I wrote good luck with that and what you hope for is the catfish don't eat all the fingerling that LTSA stock. It's not meant to be anti LTSA raising money like you put it. What I'm thinking about is after September 1, 2016, new catfish regulations will keep too many big catfish spawners in lake Tawakoni and millions more little catfish will compete for the limited food source in the lake and they will eat the hybrids and stripers fingerling and that will be counter productive to LTSA stocking afford.

Let's say LTSA stock 100,000 hybrids fingerling in the lake, but in just say 3 months period, the millions of excess juveniles catfish eat 100,000 young hybrids fingerling, your luck of improving hybrids fishing is not so good, is it? Theoretically speaking, of course.

popcorn

Last edited by BankAngler50; 04/23/16 08:16 PM.

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service] #11561003 04/23/16 08:21 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hi Chris- I heard about your plans to stock. Anything we can help with let us know. We learned a lot of lessons last few years. The best thing that comes out it is the camaraderie we've developed. We are all good friends now. It's about a lot more than fishing trust me. Praying you guys can catch a break. Regards.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561018 04/23/16 08:30 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Streetwalker
I'd like to see a limit on hybrids of 1-2 fish. Take the sand bass size up to 12".

The guides really need to start educating people that it's not necessary to kill everything you catch. Take no more than you can eat at one or two meals. I'd bet that most of the fish that get killed on guided trips goes to waste.

The resource is not unlimited. If you don't respect it you will lose it. If people managed their deer lease like guides do the fish in the lake you would be hard pressed to find a deer.

IMHO there's no reason to kill a large hybrid or striper on Tawakoni. If you want to eat fish catch sand bass. Same with the large blue cats. Keep those genetics in the lake. Keep the 3-7 lb fish which are much better tasting anyway. Killing a large blue cat is like killing your prize milk cow once you milk her.

Agree 100%! Quotas change as conditions change.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: BankAngler50] #11561039 04/23/16 08:46 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: BankAngler50
Fishboy frank, you didn't read the rest of my paragraph. But first let me say this, LTSA is a pro on how they raise money for hybrids and stripers stocking to supplement TPWD stocking, and I repeat to supplement TPWD stocking. LTSA understand this and I have not heard any of their organizer get on the Internet and talk like they own the lake, or talk about cut bag limits of whitebass or hybrids like you do. I think they have a better logic than you do, and I may be wrong, but the whole point of increasing number of fish is so that people can catch more fish, duh! And what exactly is your purpose or logic? So you raise money to stock some fish in supplement to TPWD stocking and you now want to cut the number of fish people can keep? People are better off without you, no thank you.

Now to my original comment, I wrote good luck with that and what you hope for is the catfish don't eat all the fingerling that LTSA stock. It's not meant to be anti LTSA raising money like you put it. What I'm thinking about is after September 1, 2016, new catfish regulations will keep too many big catfish spawners in lake Tawakoni and millions more little catfish will compete for the limited food source in the lake and they will eat the hybrids and stripers fingerling and that will be counter productive to LTSA stocking afford.

Let's say LTSA stock 100,000 hybrids fingerling in the lake, but in just say 3 months period, the millions of excess juveniles catfish eat 100,000 young hybrids fingerling, your luck of improving hybrids fishing is not so good, is it? Theoretically speaking, of course.

popcorn

I read all of your post. I'll just leave your logic to you. And saying what you said about me is so taken out of context and misspoken. I never said anything you alluded to. Own the lake? I've been fishing Hubbard for 35-years. Have made hundreds of friends and helped hundreds learn the lake. Not one will say I own the lake. My wife's family built the first house on the lake before it was impounded. If anything I have some history with this lake. That's it. You obviously don't understand how the State process works. I've worked with the State. Have you ever attended a local TPWD meeting for input? The purpose and logic is the original point here. Until the lakes improve change the limits. The State does it all the time. That's why the handbook is reprinted every year. I have enough people that know me and you are completely off base. Trust me I get the math. I'm a math major. No need to go down this rat hole any longer. But please don't judge me. You don't know me.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561042 04/23/16 08:47 PM
F
Filletmaker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
RHSA and LTSA are a bunch of great guys that's trying to improve there lakes. I have donated to both groups and see the results in both lakes. Guides have to feed their families just like other folks. When we turned our first Baby Hybrids loose on Hubbard they were released in the middle of the lake. I asked the biologist want they be eaten out here, will they survive? His answer was don't fish go up the creeks to spawn how many fish are waiting on them up there. Not all survive that's nature, so when you stock its adding to the survival rate. Thank you RHSA and LTSA for helping more Hybrids survive those MONSTER CATFISH!!!! cheers

Last edited by Filletmaker; 04/23/16 08:49 PM.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11561047 04/23/16 08:49 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: Fishboy Frank
I'd like to see a limit on hybrids of 1-2 fish. Take the sand bass size up to 12".

The guides really need to start educating people that it's not necessary to kill everything you catch. Take no more than you can eat at one or two meals. I'd bet that most of the fish that get killed on guided trips goes to waste.

The resource is not unlimited. If you don't respect it you will lose it. If people managed their deer lease like guides do the fish in the lake you would be hard pressed to find a deer.

IMHO there's no reason to kill a large hybrid or striper on Tawakoni. If you want to eat fish catch sand bass. Same with the large blue cats. Keep those genetics in the lake. Keep the 3-7 lb fish which are much better tasting anyway. Killing a large blue cat is like killing your prize milk cow once you milk her.

I also agree 100%. Technology has made it easier than ever to go out and catch a limit more consistently.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11561053 04/23/16 08:53 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Fishboy Frank

LMAO, and is it a sin to eat fish of any sizes? You want to use the guvimin to dictate what people can eat? You people don't think, or do you? Hybrids and Stripers in Tawakoni don't reproduce like cow, THEY'RE STERILE for crying out loud. Lmao. Those fish are put and take fish, they are meant to be caught and take home to eat.

And on catfish genetics, I am going to just say bulls. They all came from Lake Livingston, if genetics has any scientific significant TPWD wouldn't get rid of the big brood catfish and run their tails to lake livingston to catch smaller brood catfish.

While at it, how many millions of little catfish do you want in a lake, blue catfish lay more 20,000 eggs per every 10lbs of their body weights, do the math people.

Last edited by BankAngler50; 04/23/16 08:59 PM.

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561132 04/23/16 10:01 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
To Fishboy Frank, fair enough I don't judge you but don't judge me with statement like "you obviously don't understand the State process..." I do, too well their State "process", I'll be glad to debate you offline, nothing personal, just curious how much you understand fish ecological system, especially Lake Tawakoni ecosystem. Peace.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561210 04/23/16 11:08 PM
S
sandjohnny Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I find it amusing that this whole post is what the guides should do to improve fishing.
I don't know what percentage of people that fish with guides but it is very small compared
to the general public. How many people get tickets for undersized or over limits fishing
with guides. If you have any hope improving fishing you better include the general public.
A lot of people are under the misconception that guides take most of the fish which is a joke.
Johnny

Last edited by sandjohnny; 04/23/16 11:10 PM.

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com 8174441286 or 8175976598
Creator of OLE UGLY SLABS johnlu1313@gmail.com
[Linked Image]
OLE UGLY SLABS GO TO www.johnnysguideservice.com
Fish with the Guy who invented the OLE UGLY slab
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: sandjohnny] #11561293 04/24/16 12:24 AM
PlanoKeith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: sandjohnny
I find it amusing that this whole post is what the guides should do to improve fishing.
I don't know what percentage of people that fish with guides but it is very small compared
to the general public. How many people get tickets for undersized or over limits fishing
with guides. If you have any hope improving fishing you better include the general public.
A lot of people are under the misconception that guides take most of the fish which is a joke.
Johnny

Yes Johnny the PUBLIC does do a lot of damage. I have seen undersized fish kept as well as way over limits. Thing of it is they DON"T care . Hats off to all the guides for following rules and making an attempt to give back to the resource. Because there are alot of people who don't do that. They just take and take some more
Donate today smile

Keith smile

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: sandjohnny] #11561485 04/24/16 02:35 AM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: sandjohnny
Johnny

Johnny a voice of reason. Thank you. We know of poaching situations here because we see it. We all have a vested interest in this together. I would like to think if this was in reverse the Texoma guides would be accommodating. Many of these guys know each other as it is. Thanks for a great insight. Is a point I hadn't thought about. JV, Hubbard guide, is always posting poachers caught by TPWD on Facabook. They are out there that's for sure.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561603 04/24/16 04:05 AM
S
shimanotoshort Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I pay for my fishing license so basically I help donate to ALL lakes. Just my 2cent. why change the limit? These fish have life spans why else would TPW set their limit the way it is?

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561688 04/24/16 10:09 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
The Texoma guides will take a lot of the fish out of the lake, they are good at what they do

Limits of 5 for Hybrids/Stripers will help for a while

Hopefully Texoma gets back to normal, which I think will be a few years, They have to make living or go out of business.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561793 04/24/16 12:45 PM
S
SALLYSUE Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I think they need to cut the limits back on the whites and catfish . All the lakes are getting hit pretty hard now days.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561802 04/24/16 12:58 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Red Ranger and SALLSUE. I agree and most on here are in agreement. Most. Have enjoyed the conversation on this thread. Most of it. I told someone this morning. "A fire goes out when you stop putting wood on it." No more wood for me. Time to take my "ignorant" self to Church. And for the record I will never keep my religion to myself. It's not religion to me. I've started a Church On The Dock. We'll be praying for all the guides and all the lakes. That's what matters to me. My friends know me. Sometimes in life it helps to check oneself in the mirror and see what is truly reflecting back. Disrespecting people won't gain you a lot of friends or followers. Peace.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide