Print Thread
Plastic worm fishing #11548489 04/17/16 07:10 PM
N
Nathan_Flovin Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
N
Do you guys have any suggestions or tips on hooks and worms to use, or how to fish them. I've been told to use them I'm just not exactly sure how.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Plastic worm fishing [Re: Nathan_Flovin] #11548559 04/17/16 07:45 PM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T-Rig. with as light a weight as the wind will allow. Target heavy cover or along grass beds. I like my weight pegged so it does not slide up the line. Another rig is the split shot about 15 inches up the line fished very, very slow along the edge and over the grass.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Plastic worm fishing [Re: Nathan_Flovin] #11548562 04/17/16 07:48 PM
FlaNative Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Wow! That's a pretty broad topic!

First, welcome aboard. If you hang around here long enough you'll learn enough to make your head explode, and you'll quickly learn who the Grumpy Old Men are... :-)

Second, Google, YouTube and sites like wired2fish.com are your new best friends when it comes to learning specific techniques. I prefer fishing most plastics Texas rigged, but there are days when only a wacky rig or drop shot works. Learn several techniques and you'll be ready to go!

Search YouTube for "Texas rig", "carolina rig", "wacky rig", "drop shot" and "weightless senko" as a starting point.

Good luck!

Steve Raulerson
Ranger RT188
Florida Native by Birth, Texan by Choice
[Linked Image]
Re: Plastic worm fishing [Re: Nathan_Flovin] #11548572 04/17/16 07:57 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I'm not grumpy....or old

Fish weightless senkos on a 0/3 Trokar EWG. Fish it in grass. Start out with green pumpkin with black flake. It works on just about any lake. And almost any situation. It catches giants too.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Plastic worm fishing [Re: Nathan_Flovin] #11548578 04/17/16 08:00 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Zoom mag 2 with 3/0 straight shank owner worm hook. Or baby brush hog with same hook. Keep it simple

Re: Plastic worm fishing [Re: Nathan_Flovin] #11548637 04/17/16 08:40 PM
B
bigbass94 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Berkley Power Worm 7"

One of my favorite worms is the Power Worm in blue fleck. It's a pretty standard rig and has worked since worms were first introduced. It's a good ol' fashioned stand-by bait. I rig mine on either a Carolina Rig or a Texas Rig.

Decoy KG Worm17 Hook

I rig the Power Worm on a 4/0 KG Worm hook. It's a strong and sharp hook, and it has the wide gap. That allows the hook to penetrate a lot of plastic easier.

Zoom Trick Worm

I like to use a trick worm on a shakey head for finesse presentations. It's also a great worm for skipping under docks and brush. Lots of colors to choose from, and like the Power Worm, it's considered by me and many anglers to be a confidence bait. I usually go for bubblegum during the Spring and green pumpkin during the rest of the year.

Picasso Shakedown Tungsten Shakey Head

I rig the Trick Worm on this jighead 90% of the time. It's made with tungsten so you can feel the bottom and your bites a lot better! It also has a great hook on it and I like the screw-type keeper. The other 10% of the time I Texas rig it on a 4/0 Decoy KG Worm hook.

Roboworm Fat Straight Tail

For drop shots I LOVE using a Roboworm. These worms are super cheap but incredibly effective. I can't tell you how many fish I've caught on a Roboworm. It's a hand-poured worm so it's super soft, and the fish hold on to it really well.

Gamakatsu Aaron Martens G Finesse Drop Shot Hook

I always thread the Roboworm on this hook. Be careful with these hooks because they are the sharpest hooks on the market. Period! I've gone through countless brands of drop shot hooks looking for the right one, and these are it. They also apply a silky coating to the hook which helps it penetrate the fish's mouth easier.

Yamamoto Senko 5"

During the spawn, this is the best bait I've ever used. Countless big fish on this bait. They're expensive and soft, but you catch more fish than other knockoffs. The salt formula that Gary Yamamoto has put into these baits is unknown by every bait company. That's why the Original Senko out-performs other stickbaits.

Gamakatsu Skip Gap Hook

90% of the time I rig my senko weightless on this hook. It has a skip gap near the eye of the hook that really keeps the Senko on there better.

Netbait C-Mac Worm

If you like fishing ledges or if you fish where there are big fish, definitely throw the 11" or 15" C-Mac worm! It has a big profile and a crazy tail action that fish love! You can also swim it through some grass or pads too! Plum is my favorite color.

Decoy Flippin Hook

If I'm Texas rigging the bait, I use this flipping hook. It's super strong and it helps you get the big fish out of heavy cover. I also like the unique bait keeper that comes on this hook, it keeps your bait up there easily. If I'm Carolina rigging the bait, I use the the Decoy KG 4/0 hook.

Reaction Innovations Pocket Rocket

And finally, the Pocket Rocket. I use this exclusively on a wacky rig. It's great during the Spring for bedding bass and for skipping underneath docks. It has a nice, enticing action on the fall and it's great for high pressured days.

Gamakatsu Wacky Hook

These are my favorite wacky hooks and they've worked well for me. It has a good hook on the weedguard is good at keeping your bait from getting hung up.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide