Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,908
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. #11544027 04/15/16 12:19 PM
T
Timmychanga Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Most of the run off has yet to hit the lake but with no wind it was a slow day.

[Linked Image]

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11547877 04/17/16 02:21 PM
S
Springcrik Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Are you talking about them hanging out on the ramp & boat docks, or are they chunkin' lead at the boat!! 😱

Lund Tyee Magnum 1950, Optimax200, Honda 10 kicker, Lowrance HDS7, Cannon DigiTroll IV, Cannon Mag20, Big Jon side planers. Chasin' wipers & stripers.
Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11547910 04/17/16 02:40 PM
T
Timmychanga Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Chunking lead at the boat...I get the best lures that way. I don't give them back if I see it was on purpose.

Last edited by Timmychanga; 04/17/16 02:44 PM.

[Linked Image]

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11547930 04/17/16 02:51 PM
S
Springcrik Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Lots of fishermen hanging out at the boat dock at Miller Creek but they will move when you pull up to the dock. When the water warms up, the boat ramp looks like a swimming pool, but they clear out when you fire up the 200 Optimax smile. Chunkin' lead-- game warden needs to pay a visit to those kind

Last edited by Springcrik; 04/17/16 02:52 PM.

Lund Tyee Magnum 1950, Optimax200, Honda 10 kicker, Lowrance HDS7, Cannon DigiTroll IV, Cannon Mag20, Big Jon side planers. Chasin' wipers & stripers.
Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11547957 04/17/16 03:04 PM
T
Timmychanga Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
We get a lot of sunning collage girls on the ramp so we try not to disturb the wildlife too much.

[Linked Image]

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11548403 04/17/16 06:28 PM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Timmychanga
We get a lot of sunning collage girls on the ramp so we try not to disturb the wildlife too much.

Maybe I need to come investigate the fishing out there! I would hate to disturb the wildlife though.

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11548789 04/17/16 10:14 PM
T
Timmychanga Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
They were biting in the rain from the jet skis today but no real quality wildlife.Just fat shore fishermen. LOL The rain stung like heck when running off the lake.

[Linked Image]

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11549580 04/18/16 07:39 AM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
I bet it did sting! Watch out for those pretty lights flashing around that goes BOOM!

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: jbobo] #11550346 04/18/16 05:43 PM
L
Larry yank Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Here is a different perspective. Saturday I was bank fishing on Hubbard. I had just nailed a largemouth while searching for the sandies. I pulled out my first sandy casting about 100 feet from shore when a boat motored in a no-wake zone clearly marked, and anchored about 50 feet directly in front of me. Then a second bass boat pulled in followed by a pontoon boat, all creating big wakes and then hooking up with the first boat. Within minutes the music was blaring, two kids put their kayaks in the water and paddled directly over my line and pulled into shore not 20 feet from me. I pulled from the water a chip bag and a Monster Energy drink can from one of the boats. Then another kid started casting directly at me towards shore with worms and a weight about as large as the anchors that prevented them from drifting towards me. I altered my casts to avoid the poorly anchored boats, but that left me far from where I located the first sandy.

As the boats continued drifting towards me, my entire 9 to 3 casting area shrunk to next to nothing. The approximately 8 adults and 4 kids from the 3 boats seemed totally oblivious of me, and my fishing was ruined. By the time the drifting boats were about 30 feet from me, I cast one time to the bow of the closest boat and then to the stern of that boat when one of the drunken adults indicated that I should, "watch my a$$ before I kick it." I did not reply, but rather picked up and left.

Big talk from a guy with about 7 other adults in boats that totally ruined my day.

I wonder how bad that dude would have been if we were fishing side by side on the shore...

Now Hubbard is a big lake with lots of shallow water available for anchoring, kayaking, fishing, swimming, and drinking. There was precious little shore available for bank fishing. I left, not wanting to make a big scene in front of the about 9 to 12 year old children.

I was very disappointed in the parents for illustrating such boorish behavior as well as allowing the kids to disregard every opportunity for politely sharing the water. I am all about good sportsmanship and sharing, but this was over the line. I still simmer at the threat from the loudmouthed drunk who threatened me.

There are good shore fisherman and good boaters, but these messes were over the line--and over my line, too. We are raising another generation of self centered kids who will not learn basic etiquette from their role models. I would never infringe upon another fisherman's territory. I hope those shore fisherman referenced in the title are respectful to the boaters. Aretha Franklin, where are you when fisherman need you and some RESPECT?

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11550383 04/18/16 05:58 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Timmy sent you a PM.

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Larry yank] #11550432 04/18/16 06:16 PM
H
HeavyLead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted By: Larry yank
Now Hubbard is a big lake with lots of shallow water available for anchoring, kayaking, fishing, swimming, and drinking. There was precious little shore available for bank fishing.

I definitely agree with you here. Really, most lakes are similar. There's just too much water accessible to people on boats to encroach on what little area bank fishermen can access.

I yak fish Hubbard a lot, and really make an effort to stay far from the bank guys' lines. Can't do much about launch spots though. I need to get in and out of the water at some point, and if someone has a whole bank covered with like 12 rods, we're just going to come into contact at some point, especially if they show up after I already launched. As long as everyone is respectful and understands it's just fishing, we can all have a good time.

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: HeavyLead] #11550604 04/18/16 07:39 PM
L
Larry yank Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Heavy Lead,

I agree! I was a boater once, too. Saturday I was casting one line with a lure. The nearest launch spot was over a mile either way to Dal Rock or Terry park. I am just a guy looking to catch a fish in peace from the shore far away from others, realizing I do not own the lake, cannot discipline the world, nor change a culture. Just wanted to give two perspectives to the posting. If someone beats me to my favorite spot, I will just mosey down the bank. Good fishing to everyone!

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11550634 04/18/16 07:54 PM
B
B_vandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
You want to see a boat and banker battle head to Denison dam.. I respect the the boaters and know that the water is limited and it's a small area to run heck so far I've been cut off 3 times this year while fighting fish with guys running over my line and almost spooled once when a gun ran by way to close but I'll never throw at a boat on purpose.. I will cast close and keep fishing if can... The only thing down there that gets frustrating to me is when a guy parks In a eddy 30yrds from you cutting off half the river or the guys running way past the no go zone just because the wire was taken down because of the flood but still the signs are there.. But most guys are very respectful it's just a handful on both sides banker and boaters that think and act like they own the water when we all have a right to it...

Now if In my boat on the lake and bankers can get close to me constantly I'll back off if there's any room to do so.. It'd be a dick move to just sit there knowing I have an entire lake to fish but I want to fish the one spot that those guys can walk to and fish knowing after years of banking it my myself that there is limited access to prime spots or having to track miles down the bank to get to that nice drop off of creek channel yeah then the boat should have enough courtesy to back off..

[Linked Image]PB 38# May 05 [Linked Image] 33# May 05[Linked Image]38 3/4" x 23 3/8" Aug 11
Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11551653 04/19/16 06:48 AM
T
Timmychanga Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Didn't mean to start a boater vs. banker war. My complaint was for those who intentionally cast at a very distant boat target. They were a different breed of fishermen who have since been warned since they glassed their actions from the ridge. Very few times have we had poor interactions on FPH. We are West Texas after all and known for our friendliness. Heck we even give away our good fishing spots. Just ask BrandoA. I have even stopped and taken shore fishermen out to the shad for netting when they move deep and even picked up a dad or two with the kids to insure the kids caught a good fish when they are out of their range. That makes a kids day. I always try to be respectful to all fishermen but with that said...lets talk about those darn pleasure boaters that cut short over your trolling or anchor up over your shore fishing spot. LOL OK they are alright as well. Like I always say, I am glad we all have a lake here in West Texas to play on. Let's make sure we keep the shore and water clean, safe and fun to use.

[Linked Image]

Re: FPH starting to get a little better but shore fishermen becoming an issue. [Re: Timmychanga] #11552676 04/19/16 07:01 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Why is the water so blue? I remember Lake Sweetwater always had the bluest water on calm days.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide