Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Thomas101, liprippen, C. Walker, ronws67, Leftridge
102711 Registered Users
Top Posters
TexDawg 82862
hopalong 74389
Pilothawk 73427
JDavis7873® 67377
FattyMcButterpants 60518
John175 ® 59877
Tritonman 56823
Derek 56401
SkeeterRonnie 52453
LoneStarSon® 52221
facebook
Forum Stats
102711 Members
61 Forums
858976 Topics
11268415 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11540603 - 04/13/16 04:52 PM Cypress Springs
buzzbait05 Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 02/14/13
Posts: 2
Going to Cypress Springs in a couple of weeks and looking for some do,s and don't's for fishing there

Top
#11540625 - 04/13/16 05:03 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 11/16/08
Posts: 1673
Loc: Frisco, TX
Make sure you wear a life jacket when the big motor is on and always have your kill switch attached. I think those are standard tournament rules for most of them. banana
_________________________

Top
#11540650 - 04/13/16 05:20 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: Chris G]
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 10/01/13
Posts: 1652
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Make sure you wear a life jacket when the big motor is on and always have your kill switch attached. I think those are standard tournament rules for most of them. banana

Along with pitching 6xds under docks?

Just fish your strengths out there
_________________________
John Miller

Top
#11540783 - 04/13/16 06:51 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
dandeeks Offline
Angler

Registered: 04/06/14
Posts: 293
a lot of stumps in this lake. I believe you can run on the right side of the lake heading north... but only up to midlake. I would idle from there. I don't have a lot of experience on the lake but was on there checking it all out the other week.

Top
#11540799 - 04/13/16 06:56 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: dandeeks]
z7x374 Offline
Pro Angler

Registered: 10/20/13
Posts: 599
Originally Posted By: dandeeks
a lot of stumps in this lake. I believe you can run on the right side of the lake heading north... but only up to midlake. I would idle from there. I don't have a lot of experience on the lake but was on there checking it all out the other week.



Are we talking about the same Cypress springs? I would say 90% of the lake you are able to run WOT, the other 10% is made up of no wake/no ski coves

Top
#11540991 - 04/13/16 08:15 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
Txhoghunter Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 04/12/09
Posts: 22
Loc: Cooper, Tx
The only wood that concerns me on that lake are the floating 2x6's from all the construction. I hit one last week out in the middle at WOT. Ouch.

Top
#11541831 - 04/14/16 08:31 AM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: z7x374]
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 02/08/15
Posts: 190
Originally Posted By: z7x374
Originally Posted By: dandeeks
a lot of stumps in this lake. I believe you can run on the right side of the lake heading north... but only up to midlake. I would idle from there. I don't have a lot of experience on the lake but was on there checking it all out the other week.



Are we talking about the same Cypress springs? I would say 90% of the lake you are able to run WOT, the other 10% is made up of no wake/no ski coves


He must be talking about sandlin??

Top
#11541847 - 04/14/16 08:40 AM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: Dbranch3]
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 10/01/13
Posts: 1652
Originally Posted By: Dbranch3
Originally Posted By: z7x374
Originally Posted By: dandeeks
a lot of stumps in this lake. I believe you can run on the right side of the lake heading north... but only up to midlake. I would idle from there. I don't have a lot of experience on the lake but was on there checking it all out the other week.



Are we talking about the same Cypress springs? I would say 90% of the lake you are able to run WOT, the other 10% is made up of no wake/no ski coves


He must be talking about sandlin??


I think you are right
_________________________
John Miller

Top
#11542011 - 04/14/16 09:50 AM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 11/16/08
Posts: 1673
Loc: Frisco, TX
Yep, No timber on Cypress except in a few of the coves towards the back where its no wake anyway. The only things to dodge this time of year are the 3 foot rollers coming off the wake board boats. The lake is still a few inches high with a ton of rain expected this weekend into next week. I expect the lake will be over the retaining walls again if the forecast is right.
_________________________

Top
#11542179 - 04/14/16 11:04 AM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
618phoenix Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 09/24/04
Posts: 52
Loc: little elm
Caught fish in grass on flukes last weekend.

Top
#11542416 - 04/14/16 12:15 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: Chris G]
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor

Registered: 10/23/00
Posts: 16010
Loc: Scroggins, TX
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Yep, No timber on Cypress except in a few of the coves towards the back where its no wake anyway. The only things to dodge this time of year are the 3 foot rollers coming off the wake board boats. The lake is still a few inches high with a ton of rain expected this weekend into next week. I expect the lake will be over the retaining walls again if the forecast is right.


Yeah, but we can't complain about the rain after going without for 5 years.
_________________________
“The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.” –John Gierach



LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Top
#11542438 - 04/14/16 12:22 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: J.P. Greeson]
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 11/16/08
Posts: 1673
Loc: Frisco, TX
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Yep, No timber on Cypress except in a few of the coves towards the back where its no wake anyway. The only things to dodge this time of year are the 3 foot rollers coming off the wake board boats. The lake is still a few inches high with a ton of rain expected this weekend into next week. I expect the lake will be over the retaining walls again if the forecast is right.


Yeah, but we can't complain about the rain after going without for 5 years.


Amen to that JP
_________________________

Top
#11545353 - 04/15/16 06:25 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
lizardfliper Offline
Angler

Registered: 02/05/09
Posts: 272
I haven't been to Cypress in close to a year. Anyone know what the water temp is there right know? Are they close to done with the spawn? I'm going to fish with pops for a few hours this weekend. If the water rises a good bit it could make for some interesting power fishing!! cheers and has anyone seen signs of the crappie up shallow? thanks guys!


Edited by lizardfliper (04/15/16 06:27 PM)

Top
#11545362 - 04/15/16 06:30 PM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
Shaun Lowe Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 04/20/13
Posts: 209
I didn't have my graphs on a whole lot yesterday, but when I did, it was showing around 68 degrees. That was late in the afternoon (in shallow water).

Top
#11548205 - 04/17/16 11:52 AM Re: Cypress Springs [Re: buzzbait05]
buzzbait05 Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 02/14/13
Posts: 2
Thank you for the input on Cypress. Going this weekend and it's my 1st time fishing it.

Top



© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide