Forums59
Topics1,039,196
Posts13,960,747
Members144,194
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: HOTFishing] #11532431 04/10/16 04:33 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
[quote=HOTFishing]Is there a good bank fishing spot? If so where? I've got a BBQ fund rais

lots of good looking bank fishing spots around the ramps, but I dont know if they are catching any. I saw one guy fishing the cove next to the boat ramps with the catails in it. couldnt see if he caught anything. message WACOKID, he knows that lake , I really dont yet, just started exploring it.
wish I had better advise. good luck!

Last edited by leanin post; 04/10/16 04:35 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: Josh W] #11532435 04/10/16 04:37 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Josh W
Well done!!!!!!!

if you would have came I bet we could have double limited.. maybe next time. cheers

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: wacorusty] #11532457 04/10/16 04:50 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: wacorusty
TH is usually a bit sooner on the spawn, hence everything else is a bit quicker in cycles. I'd like to get out there soon and try my luck. thumb

unless things change, I would not bother fishing anything deeper than 15 feet. start shallow , 8 feet then work deeper, not the other way around. Dont even pay attention to the sonar and try to see if its holding fish, just fish it. also, no bait is too big right now. I clean on sow with a 3 inch shad in her gut.
I powder paint my jig heads white, then hot pink, and it makes them pop, almost glow. the brighter the better.

Last edited by leanin post; 04/10/16 04:52 PM.

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11532544 04/10/16 05:38 PM
D
dwmoore Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
All the fish we caught were 16 to 21 ft not all are shallow and most are through spawning.Darrell

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11532581 04/10/16 06:14 PM
Jacob Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Great catch!

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11532590 04/10/16 06:30 PM
TexExp Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000
Good job LP you deserve it! you put a lot of time on that lake congrats! thumb

thanks, I usually dont keep that many, but its nice to live up to my boats name now and then.. "'FIFTY FILLETS" Ha.. For a while I thought I would have to rename her ro "four fillets"' lol

LOL
Congrats!

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: dwmoore] #11532610 04/10/16 06:52 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: dwmoore
All the fish we caught were 16 to 21 ft not all are shallow and most are through spawning.Darrell

I could nt catch a fish at 18 feet yesterday if I was starving.. this time of year patterns change alot washaw. If I had a second good stick with me, probable could have got a second limit. The fishing wasnt easy, but they were there, and would bite if you presented the bait just right, and on top of them.
I caught 3 unders and 3 white bass , all the rest were 11 inch plus fish. mostly white crappie.
lotta boats out there, it will be like waco soon, everybody and thier brother out there.
I recall waco abt 7 years ago. NOBODY I knew was fishing it, I went, figured the lake out, and now lots of folks from killeen, harker heights, belton, gatesville, copperas cove,granger, LBJ, AUSTIN, ECT and on and on fish it. waco pumps them out faster than they can be caught so hopefully it stays that way. one year me and Lucas caught 100 keepers off one brush pile, and left them biting. we put most back. that lake needed to get some crappie out, too much competetion. its abt right now.

Last edited by leanin post; 04/10/16 07:00 PM.

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11532657 04/10/16 07:18 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Here she is, p
arked at the ranch, it all her glory,, lol

I hand painted the lettering and fluer di lis on myself .

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11532659 04/10/16 07:19 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11533509 04/11/16 02:03 AM
H
HOTFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Leanin Post, you may have seen me and my family, we were at the ramps. My wife and I got one one crappie each, keepers, in about 5FOW. My little girl got a 15.5" bass on a minnow under a float in about 5 FOW. Biggest fish she has caught! She is FIT, Fisherman In Training.

U.S. Navy Retired
Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11533803 04/11/16 05:15 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
were you standing in the water near the ramp thats next to the one in the little cove?

when the water warms up a little more maybe get some float tubes, and you can have access to alot more areas. theres some fish attractors off the point near the boat ramp in the cove. I think tex parks and wildlife put then out a while back. they are substantial, and close enough to fish in a tube.

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11533804 04/11/16 05:17 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11534738 04/11/16 06:14 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
walk out off that point as far as you can or tube, , and use a slip cork rig, set to abt 11 or 12 feet. If I recall the brush on that point is in around 15 feet of water. theres 3 BIG piles near each other. If you cast on top of those piles and around them , let some minnows swim around on top of the piles. your gonna get bit. I would cast 4 or 5 rigs in that area and just watch the magic happen.
you can use a handheld GPS to figure out where those piles are from the bank and basically cast right on top of them. Also if you go to Google earth, historical data and look at the lake when it was real low, you can see brushpiles near the bank.

Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11535345 04/11/16 10:17 PM
H
HOTFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Leanin post, thanks for the info. I wasn't in the water but I had our truck backed up near the western most ramp.

U.S. Navy Retired
Re: WHEN THE WINDS OUT OF THE EAST.... [Re: leanin post] #11536190 04/12/16 04:33 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
I really havent side imaged the boat ramp side much yet, maybe next time I go I will see what is over there,. I wish there were alot more bank fishing spots on alot of area lakes, sometime you get tired of hauling a boat around all the time. I might buy me a tube this year, and give it a try.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide