Page 1 of 2 1 2
Reynolds Creek #11525248 04/06/16 04:33 PM
T
Tech Angler Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Well, there is no ETA on when they will open the park or the boat ramp. Was told today the corp has to replace the courtesy dock. I wish they would at least open up the old back ramp. My rant for the day.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525392 04/06/16 05:31 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
its all a game they play to get more funding. A whole recreation area shut down due to the " destruction" is more dramatic than, a damaged courtesy dock. They do whatever it takes to close the parks until they get loot secured. Being most parks are being maintained by private contracts, It would be interesting to see an audit of what the money is getting spent on. One of the latest excuses is a claim to " let the ramps dry out for 30 days".. With sometimes 50 boats a day soaking the ramps when pulling the boats out, I find it hard to believe they are really concerned abt how dry the ramps are. CONCRETE CAN BE SUBMERGED FOR LONG PERIODS WITHOUT DAMAGE!!! Look at bridge pilings.

Last edited by leanin post; 04/06/16 05:32 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525404 04/06/16 05:37 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Us army corps of engineers gets tens of MILLIONS to maintain the parks.. I think the forth worth district gets like 63 million a year. If you think abt it, you got a crapper, a courtesy dock , a few signs, and grass to maintain. its not that complicated.
porta johns could be put up unitl crappers are fixed, a decent welder can build or fix a courtesy dock in a day or 2, , wheres all the money going?

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: leanin post] #11525666 04/06/16 07:02 PM
Beltonbanger� Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Us army corps of engineers gets tens of MILLIONS to maintain the parks.. I think the forth worth district gets like 63 million a year. If you think abt it, you got a crapper, a courtesy dock , a few signs, and grass to maintain. its not that complicated.
porta johns could be put up unitl crappers are fixed, a decent welder can build or fix a courtesy dock in a day or 2, , wheres all the money going?

Your talking about money(63M) broke up for all the corp lakes in Texas. Budgets are set and each area superintendent goes to the board with his wants and needs. There is FAR more expense than grass, restrooms, etc. Liability insurance alone is extremely high and not in their control. Texas has some of the best maintained, organized and accessible lakes and parks in the country and many of them. I think there is a lot of assuming in your statement and way short on proof. Granted the fact that Reynolds Creek being inaccessible right now may be an inconvenience, but I see no proof in your statement that proves they are squandering money. Not too long ago they were repairing parks all over Texas because of all the flood waters. It could very well be that some of the lakes that were flooded until very recently may be getting more funding or funding diverted from parks that are basically functional. I haven't much proof where the money goes, but I'm sure happy with the majority of Corp run Texas parks and lakes.

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525762 04/06/16 07:41 PM
T
Tech Angler Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Sure makes for a long boat ride to get to the north end from Speegleville. I have reservations for Reynolds in May. I wonder what will happen about that.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Beltonbanger�] #11525787 04/06/16 07:52 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger

Your talking about money(63M) broke up for all the corp lakes in Texas. Budgets are set and each area superintendent goes to the board with his wants and needs. There is FAR more expense than grass, restrooms, etc. Liability insurance alone is extremely high and not in their control. Texas has some of the best maintained, organized and accessible lakes and parks in the country and many of them. I think there is a lot of assuming in your statement and way short on proof. Granted the fact that Reynolds Creek being inaccessible right now may be an inconvenience, but I see no proof in your statement that proves they are squandering money. Not too long ago they were repairing parks all over Texas because of all the flood waters. It could very well be that some of the lakes that were flooded until very recently may be getting more funding or funding diverted from parks that are basically functional. I haven't much proof where the money goes, but I'm sure happy with the majority of Corp run Texas parks and lakes.

you obviously never were or had a loved one injured at a neglected courtesy dock.
what is your background with the corps of engineers,? werent you a shopping cart cowboy at HEB ?

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525803 04/06/16 07:59 PM
M
MrNovice Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
popcorn2

Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright
Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525829 04/06/16 08:12 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Liability insurance?? The federal government doesnt carry liability insurance..Are you joking or something? THEY CONTRACT 90 PERCENT OF THE WORK OUT. The only thing you can do as far as liability is ask for a settlement. If they wont settle then you can file a claim. The way the govt avoids responsibility is by contracting work out. They avoid responsibility, liability, and copability.
I had to take a claim to the General of the US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS IN WASHINGTON,, I know what im talking abt,..
PS, HE HAD NO INSURANCE.. LOL roflmao

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525834 04/06/16 08:15 PM
S
slabslayer07 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
You could use the Flat Rock boat ramp, it's basically in the North Bosque.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11525857 04/06/16 08:28 PM
T
Tech Angler Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
This is true. I just hope they open it up soon. Oh well, Ill just fill up the tank and gas it across the water from Speegleville.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11526694 04/07/16 03:12 AM
W
wacorusty Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I was told they are opening it the 16th. They've been cleaning brush and debris. They're burning piles of it now. I know they have to deal with the flooding twice this year already and a lot of vandalism.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: leanin post] #11526757 04/07/16 03:49 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

You know, I always wondered where they upstreamed the money they get from entrance, camping fees and annual pass fees....works out to be a lot of money...they don't pay the gate attendants (or at least most of them....plus the water rights fees they charge the municipalities....just seems like they got very big fee income and not to much overall expense...

...And yes, they do seem to move at the speed of molasses, and no they don't carry insurance...and yes, they should allow you to carry protection...just saying, they make a lot of money, don't spend nearly as much as they make, AND they restrict 2nd amendments rights....They use the same basic argument as Hitler did, on the guns issue, as well.

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: leanin post] #11526806 04/07/16 04:38 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
You are right I have been a COR for the Army on Several contracts, Hell even on BLORA right now the fishing house has been broken forever and it wont be fixed until the negotiations with the Contactor! I have seen it with my own eyes how are tax dollars are raped. They have a Fraud waste and abuse program but its just a check the box dog and pony show. If the Gov would just police up there irresponsible spending habits alone health care could be Free to all in the greatest country in the world!
Liability insurance?? The federal government doesnt carry liability insurance..Are you joking or something? THEY CONTRACT 90 PERCENT OF THE WORK OUT. The only thing you can do as far as liability is ask for a settlement. If they wont settle then you can file a claim. The way the govt avoids responsibility is by contracting work out. They avoid responsibility, liability, and copability.
I had to take a claim to the General of the US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS IN WASHINGTON,, I know what im talking abt,..
PS, HE HAD NO INSURANCE.. LOL roflmao

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11526835 04/07/16 07:33 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Every time you talk to them it is a different answer/reason.

[Linked Image]

Re: Reynolds Creek [Re: Tech Angler] #11527223 04/07/16 02:27 PM
T
Tech Angler Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Sure hope that's true Rusty! The person that answered the phone knew nothing other than it was closed and didn't know when it would open. Its really a great park with good fishing from the bank as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide