Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: ezbassin] #11524043 04/06/16 12:15 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Lake Fork is dying due to the pressure it receives. This might be a sign of that.

You are totally wrong.

Last year had a great spawn and this year will be the same and in 3-5 years it will be awesome.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about how the fishing was at this time.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: DEFMP] #11524055 04/06/16 12:23 AM
Mike Prengler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Fishing is not always catching. If you get skunked or have a crappy day write it in your log. Document the conditions, what you did and learn from it. Having a point of reference is where you start to build experience.

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: DEFMP] #11524060 04/06/16 12:25 AM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Been there 4 times and caught fish everytime. I think it's like any lake if it's tough slow down and down size baits.

Last edited by Flooringit; 04/06/16 12:32 AM.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: DEFMP] #11524093 04/06/16 12:36 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Snot moss will give you eczema. Picking it off your lure. Out.

Last edited by fish4bass; 04/06/16 12:36 AM.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: Richard McCarty] #11524255 04/06/16 01:42 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Richard McCarty
Trolling a big crankbait for 3 days in May, to catch 15 fish that weigh 110 lbs, is not a true testament as to how good Lake Fork really is. (not to mention that this happened 2 years ago).
Right now, the public that is fishing Fork,(not the guides), is the real barometer of how well the lake fishes.
Most recreational fishermen, (and guides as well), are struggling to put good, consistant numbers of quality fish in their boats.

I completely agree it's not fishing well overall right now for many reasons. But I stand by my statement that it is still one of the best places in the world to catch bigger bass but one of the worst to catch numbers. The fact that one of the very few times the big dogs fished it with money on the line they broke an all time all lakes 3 day record helps prove that IMO.

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: Billy_Lawson] #11524279 04/06/16 01:51 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
Trolling a big crankbait for 3 days in May, to catch 15 fish that weigh 110 lbs, is not a true testament as to how good Lake Fork really is. (not to mention that this happened 2 years ago).
Right now, the public that is fishing Fork,(not the guides), is the real barometer of how well the lake fishes.
Most recreational fishermen, (and guides as well), are struggling to put good, consistant numbers of quality fish in their boats.

I completely agree it's not fishing well overall right now for many reasons. But I stand by my statement that it is still one of the best places in the world to catch bigger bass but one of the worst to catch numbers. The fact that one of the very few times the big dogs fished it with money on the line they broke an all time all lakes 3 day record helps prove that IMO.

You can represent and promote Lake Fork any way you want to, after all, you need the promotion,(being the rookie guide you claim), whether honest or not.
I'm going to represent the lake and my fishing (honestly), as it is currently.

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: Richard McCarty] #11524312 04/06/16 02:01 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

You can represent and promote Lake Fork any way you want to, after all, you need the promotion,(being the rookie guide you claim), whether honest or not.
I'm going to represent the lake and my fishing (honestly),

as it is currently.

I wonder if this is still just your opinion, does this mean you call ever guide on the lake every night to see how the lake did for everyone and did they tell you the truth. I would also wonder if the lake is so bad for big fish and their are no numbers are you still charging people to guide?? Their is always someone catching fish on fork. The lake is not fishing like it did in the 80's or 90's but if it is really as bad as you say why do you guide on it if you do not believe it can give a client a fish of a lifetime. I believe most people on here know its not fork of the old days but its the challenge of trying to out smart the big girls that brings people to fork and it does still put out some big fish during this time of year.

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: 921 Phoenix] #11524339 04/06/16 02:17 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

I'm going to represent the lake and my fishing (honestly),

as it is currently.

I wonder if this is still just your opinion, does this mean you call ever guide on the lake every night to see how the lake did for everyone and did they tell you the truth. I would also wonder if the lake is so bad for big fish and their are no numbers are you still charging people to guide?? Their is always someone catching fish on fork. The lake is not fishing like it did in the 80's or 90's but if it is really as bad as you say why do you guide on it if you do not believe it can give a client a fish of a lifetime. I believe most people on here know its not fork of the old days but its the challenge of trying to out smart the big girls that brings people to fork and it does still put out some big fish during this time of year.

I talk to the most reputable guides daily.
I know what Fork can produce better than most.
I don't remember saying how bad Fork really is, simply that it's not doing well.
I feel that regardless how the lake is doing, if a potential client is coming to Fork and hiring a guide, I can provide as good a service as anyone out here.
At the very least, I have the credentials that most don't.
I'm simply not promoting the fishing as more than it is.

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: Richard McCarty] #11524429 04/06/16 02:50 AM
B
Billy_Lawson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
[quote=Richard McCarty]Trolling a big crankbait for 3 days in May, to catch 15 fish that weigh 110 lbs, is not a true testament as to how good Lake Fork really is. (not to mention that this happened 2 years ago).

I'm going to represent the lake and my fishing (honestly), as it is currently. [/qufork

Are you serious, get over yourself sir. Rookie or not, you opinion of me irregardless, I'm allowed an opinion and I have mine. I owned up and made apologies for my transgressions, I also provide as much "honest" info on here about fork as anybody. Can't recall much helpful info I've seen you contribute about the fishing on fork on here. Unless you consider get off my lawn helpful. Get some bigger shorts and take a chill biffle! BTW pardon me Mr McCarty sir, if I try to have a positive outlook on a lake that I still love.

Hey folks if you need any Fork info for a trip call or text anytime and im happy to help any way i can. because guys like this are why there is about 2 Fork Guide's left giving consistent info on here

Re: Zeroed at Fork.....again [Re: DEFMP] #11524446 04/06/16 02:56 AM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Poll a 100 fishermen fishing the lake in July, all with their boats sitting in 2 ft of water, all complain the lake is fishing terrible. Do you take their advice or consider them idiots for fishing 2 ft of water and its 114 degrees outside in Texas. I'll go with the second thought here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide