Print Thread
Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! #11520418 04/04/16 02:12 PM
C
Cowboytex Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Although not for the reason you think wink. My wife and I took our 2 yo daughter out for the first time. We only caught 3 crappie but man what an awesome couple of hours. My daughter had a blast playing around the boat and fishing with her "princess fishy pole". Took awhile before I finally found a couple fish (looking deep instead of shallow where I should've been bang). Hooked up on my personal best, thought I was hung at first, then I asked Hadliegh to come reel it in. It was hilarious, good thing that hook was buried cause I we kept slack in the line more than we kept it tight trying to get the rod in her hands (you can see in the pick, it doesn't even look like there's a fish on). The the fish surfaced, she looked at it for a second not knowing what she thought about it, then bolted to mommy saying "noooo noooo!". Hahaha my little fishing buddy is [/b]SCARED OF FISH[b]. That's ok she'll get over it. The next 2 fish I hooked up, I asked her if she wanted to reel them in. "No" lol. "Ok baby". then she'd stick her head in the live well and count them. What an awesome day and memories that neither of us will ever forget, at least I know I won't.

I'll put the pics in the next post, it's easier to do from my phone.
fish

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: Cowboytex] #11520459 04/04/16 02:29 PM
C
Cowboytex Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C

Oh, and Saturday I told my wife to design a jig however u want and I'll make it. Of coarse it has pink and she wanted more of the "shiny stuff" on it than I was using. "Yes ma'am". Well, wouldn't you know, that's the only color I caught any on! (She was going to use them but after we got there we realized she hadn't renewed her fishing license cry but she's happy just riding around coolio) She said she's my official jig designer now roflmao maybe she should be! That was my PB! woot
Here's the jig she designed (the pink ones in the middle)

Sorry the pics are sideways, I don't know how to change them.

Last edited by Cowboytex; 04/04/16 02:31 PM.

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: Cowboytex] #11520597 04/04/16 03:16 PM
P
pepop Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
WTG Tex! Great Fish! That took REAL WILL POWER letting the 2yr old fight what you must've known was a BIG fish! She'll definitely come around if you just stick with it! Looks like a fantastic outing & day on the water! The beautiful weather didn't hurt anything either!

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: pepop] #11520666 04/04/16 03:36 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: pepop
WTG Tex! Great Fish! That took REAL WILL POWER letting the 2yr old fight what you must've known was a BIG fish! She'll definitely come around if you just stick with it! Looks like a fantastic outing & day on the water! The beautiful weather didn't hurt anything either!

Agreed...

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: Cowboytex] #11520678 04/04/16 03:41 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Cowboy, that will be a memory that you will cherish, for the rest of your life...be sure and make more!

Sometimes the best stories tell themselves, and from my view of those pictures, that is an amazing story! However, I believe, correct me if I am wrong, but Y'all caught that fish...because if it wasn't for mama, the three of you wouldn't be on that boat...Congratulations on "the best day ever!"

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: Cowboytex] #11520744 04/04/16 03:55 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
That's awesome man!! I started taking little man when he was 2. On his birthday actually. His first fish was a 13" fat black crappie!! He's been hooked over since! Had one little stink for about 2 months he was scared to reel fish in a couple years ago but he's over that now. We we're fishing Fork and he reeled a bream up to the surface cheering (orange fish! Whoo Hoo!) Orange is his favorite color so he thinks bream are cool! Anyhow he reeled it up off the brushpile and it was dangling over the side of the boat in the water flopping about the time a big dark shadow come out from under the boat and crushed it!! About a 9-10 pound bass!! I was rolling telling him not to drop the rod as it was bent over in the lake and he was taking little stutter steps across the front deck screaming he's pulling me in!!! Get me!!! roflmao

I think he was 4 then! Dang trashfish stole his bream! He still looks in their mouth for his bream everytime we catch a bass on Fork! roflmao

Your about to have alot of fun podnuh!!! thumb

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: crapicat] #11520757 04/04/16 03:58 PM
C
Cowboytex Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: pepop
Thanks Pepop! The look on her face was worth the risk of loosing it lol.
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Cowboy, that will be a memory that you will cherish, for the rest of your life...be sure and make more!

Sometimes the best stories tell themselves, and from my view of those pictures, that is an amazing story! However, I believe, correct me if I am wrong, but Y'all caught that fish...because if it wasn't for mama, the three of you wouldn't be on that boat...Congratulations on "the best day ever!"

We will definitely be making more! Yes we all had a part in it, no doubt. Right down to the color of the jig. So glad my wife took all the pictures, I didn't even know she took most of them. She has lots more too that I just didn't post. Definitely some special memories and pictures!

My wife did say maybe we could make it our Sunday ritual bannana2

Re: Palestine 4/3/16 My best day ever! [Re: Slewfoot] #11520772 04/04/16 04:00 PM
C
Cowboytex Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
That's awesome man!! I started taking little man when he was 2. On his birthday actually. His first fish was a 13" fat black crappie!! He's been hooked over since! Had one little stink for about 2 months he was scared to reel fish in a couple years ago but he's over that now. We we're fishing Fork and he reeled a bream up to the surface cheering (orange fish! Whoo Hoo!) Orange is his favorite color so he thinks bream are cool! Anyhow he reeled it up off the brushpile and it was dangling over the side of the boat in the water flopping about the time a big dark shadow come out from under the boat and crushed it!! About a 9-10 pound bass!! I was rolling telling him not to drop the rod as it was bent over in the lake and he was taking little stutter steps across the front deck screaming he's pulling me in!!! Get me!!! roflmao

I think he was 4 then! Dang trashfish stole his bream! He still looks in their mouth for his bream everytime we catch a bass on Fork! roflmao

Your about to have alot of fun podnuh!!! thumb

HAHAHAHA that is an awesome story! She's pretty spoiled for her first fish too! Yes, lot of fun. I can't wait.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide