Forums59
Topics1,039,215
Posts13,961,112
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520518 04/04/16 02:48 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
This is a train wreck.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520525 04/04/16 02:50 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Nutman I think it will be hard for a lot of people to give this a serious look because, when they booked the guide they didn't care if they caught a fish. They booked the guide to learn how to run their electronics, or to learn how to drive a boat in rough water, or learn a certain way of fishing. I read your first post as you were not fishing and was just asking a question. I do also believe you are right if they did hire the guide to catch fish and they do not get on the fish the guide is given a pass because it is fishing. We are fishing to keep our mind off of our daily lives and just do not want the conflict. We are blessed with some of the best guides we could ask for. We do have a lot of guides That are just not very good and do not catch a lot of fish. I know guides that catch big fish and a lot of fish most days they are fishing. They catch on over 95% of their days and some more. Their are guides that do not catch a fish on at least 20% of their days guiding. I do think its up to us to do a little research to fine out which guide we are looking at hiring. I do know their are guides that are some of the best at certain times of the year and they are the guide during that time. That same guide I wouldn't hire during other times. We need to know up front which guide we hired. Their are guides that will not charge you if you didn't catch a fish or could not put you on fish. I know guides that will take you and charge you no matter what the conditions or whether they put you on fish. I will repeat its up to us to do the research to fine out which guide we are talking to.

I will say Mr Gleason is one of the best guides around and just a great guy. I do not believe Darold would not put his clients on fish just to win a tournament. Darold is not that type of person. I would suggest if someone thinks this happened to call the guide and fine out, if it really did then I have no problem with calling them out so other people will not hire that person. I just do know believe Darold would ever do that. good luck either way

Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520556 04/04/16 02:58 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
So did this happen or is it really hypothetical? Sounds like to me it really happened. Guessing SJ was one of the two "good" guides.

Originally Posted By: Nutman
I don't know if he is booked or not,,,,but try Stephen Johnston.
The man certainly knows where the fish are on TB.
he did a great job in adverse weather (wind) conditions a couple of weeks ago and put his clients on some great fish for 5 days.
great guy to fish with.
I would recommend him to anyone.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: fouzman] #11520572 04/04/16 03:02 PM
B
Bass_Fanatic Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: fouzman
So did this happen or is it really hypothetical? Sounds like to me it really happened. Guessing SJ was one of the two "good" guides.

I don't know if he is booked or not,,,,but try Stephen Johnston.
The man certainly knows where the fish are on TB.
he did a great job in adverse weather (wind) conditions a couple of weeks ago and put his clients on some great fish for 5 days.
great guy to fish with.
I would recommend him to anyone.

Lol, some "scenario" huh? Bad thing is nutman didn't even fish with any of these guys.

Last edited by Bass_Fanatic; 04/04/16 03:03 PM.

Josh Sikes
Bent Rods Guide Service
Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520601 04/04/16 03:18 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I think his real question is should guides be accountable. They seam to get a free ride, I think his question is two guides did well the third didn't. I have personally been with guides that told me they were sorry we had a bad day but I am a local so they didn't want me on their good stuff. I will go ahead a answer no I didn't go out with them any more. I also went with guides that said they thought I was hiring so many guides to start guiding so they were not going to take me to their good spots and also I did not hire them any more. I am not and have never been a guide. I do believe their is different ethics in the many different guides, we just give them all a free pass because it is fishing. Guides are just people and have the same tendencies as everyone. They have their favorite clients and that is the people they want to put on their big fish if possible for repeat business. I think if we think this doesn't happen we are just fooling our selves or just want to protect our favorite guide.

Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: 921 Phoenix] #11520664 04/04/16 03:36 PM
N
Nutman Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
I think his real question is should guides be accountable. They seam to get a free ride, I think his question is two guides did well the third didn't. I have personally been with guides that told me they were sorry we had a bad day but I am a local so they didn't want me on their good stuff. I will go ahead a answer no I didn't go out with them any more. I also went with guides that said they thought I was hiring so many guides to start guiding so they were not going to take me to their good spots and also I did not hire them any more. I am not and have never been a guide. I do believe their is different ethics in the many different guides, we just give them all a free pass because it is fishing. Guides are just people and have the same tendencies as everyone. They have their favorite clients and that is the people they want to put on their big fish if possible for repeat business. I think if we think this doesn't happen we are just fooling our selves or just want to protect our favorite guide.

FINALLY;
a real intelligent answer to a provoking question.

You know if this question and answer session makes some people "uncomfortable",,,,,, then so be it.
I asked a real & honest question...... to a situation that if it happened to me, I would be pi$$ed off big time. Maybe a question that others,,,,, in the same scenario,,,,, would not ask because they are too nice.
I'm not so nice,,,,,I wanted to know what people thought if this were to happen to them.

Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520709 04/04/16 03:48 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
What's considered a "good" day? If the guide put you on fish regardless if it was as "good" as the other 2 guides why is this even a discussion. Maybe he caught some good ones on tournament day. It's still fishing, guys act like a guide should put you on 30lbs a day each trip. That just doesn't happen.

Re: Guide Performance -- what do you think ? [Re: Nutman] #11520712 04/04/16 03:48 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

FINALLY;
I got one person to agree with me after 3 pages.

a real intelligent answer to a provoking question.

You know if this question and answer session makes some people "uncomfortable",,,,,, then so be it.
I asked a real & honest question...... to a situation that if it happened to me, I would be pi$$ed off big time. Maybe a question that others,,,,, in the same scenario,,,,, would not ask because they are too nice.
I'm not so nice,,,,,I wanted to know what people thought if this were to happen to
them.

Fixed it for you

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide