Forums59
Topics1,037,850
Posts13,935,532
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End (pic added) #11517372 04/02/16 06:39 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
It's time to ready the gear for the trip back to the ramp. I look up and see that the clouds have returned and the wind has picked back up. Smiling, I look skyward...Thank you sir! What's that? Aww, I was just thankful for the bit of decent weather. On the ride back, we start discussing how the weather just can't seem to make up its mind, today. I smile. Approaching the ramp, DW hands me his keys and gives me backing instructions for the trailer. Once the boat is loaded, we busy ourselves locking it down, unpacking our gear, and taking a couple of "representative photos." After donating my portion of the fish, I told DW, that I appreciated the opportunity to fish with him, and would enjoy him showing me Limestone sometime or Richland Chambers, or Waco for that matter! We bid each other a safe trip home and headed out. After getting back to the main highway, we each turned in opposite directions, one final wave (with conviction), and we went on our separate ways. Inside I was happy, but the radio just seemed a distraction, so I turned it off. Homeward bound.

My thoughts drifted back to the first time I ever heard the name DW Moore. I vividly recalled, sitting in a Board Meeting 15 years ago, discussing a loan request from someone that lived on Lake Limestone. During the discussion, I asked one of my Co-Directors (whose son had a house on Limestone) if Limestone was a good fishing lake. His response was simple, if you want to fish Limestone, I'lll contact DW Moore and set it up, cause he's forgot more about Limestone than anybody I know. I never did take him up on that offer, and many times I kicked myself for not doing go. I smiled to myself, secure in the knowledge, that I don't have to kick myself anymore. Further, my former co-director, was always an honest and forthright man, and I was happy to know that his words are as true today as they were that day 15 years ago when he said them! Finally, I am glad that I can cross off that item off my bucket list, although I will surely have to add another trip to the list.

The man can fish! Now, I know that I am rusty, and have yet to get back into fishing form, due to taking a sabbatical from fishing last year, but I will say that the man can catch fish and he soundly kicked my arse too! Is he a master crappie fisherman, I don't know, I haven't seen him fish a lot of different techniques, but I certainly think he should be, if today is any indication. Except for a brief period (divine intervention?..thank you Lord) the weather was not particularly good and the fish were not really cooperating, yet we managed 21 keepers. Was it a good day on the water, absolutely! Would I do it again...in a heartbeat!

DW, for his part is a very pleasant individual, straight forward, direct, blunt on occasion, but more generally, the kind of guy that when he says something, you can take it to the bank. Opinionated, yes; Judgemental, probably, Forgiving, Yes. Kindhearted, Yes. Genuine, absolutely!

Fifteen years ago, when I didn't take my co-directors option to fish with DW, I didn't think too much about it; because, I rationalized that it was a standing offer. When I left the bank, I was out of touch with my co-director, so essentially that option was off the table, and I began to regret my decision. Basically, I decided that it would never occur, and tried to forget about it. Upon joining the TFF, it took me a while to realize that DW was a forum member. Then it took a while to actually begin a conversation, Then it took a couple more years to get to the point where we were sitting in the same boat, fishing together. Yes, we came from two completely differnt paths in life. Yet, our paths crossed for a moment in time anyway. During that moment, I discovered we both have a passion for fishing. We share many common thought processes. Also, we have the same direct, occasionally blunt demeanor. More importantly, I discovered something about myself. I realized that when I like someone, my intention is to give them a hard time, rake them over the coals a bit, tease them just to see how they react, and try to see who they really are. Also, I realized when I respect someone, I do so because they are genuine, honest, straightforward, and self made. Today, I realized that I truly respect DW Moore. LEGENDARY Calf Roper AND Fisherman, as far as I am concerned yes, but I will let you decide for yourself. And as Paul Harvey used to say...Now you know the rest of the story!

Thanks Again DW, maybe we can do it again sometime and maybe give me a chance to REDEEM myself...HA

Last edited by crapicat; 04/09/16 03:23 AM.
Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517387 04/02/16 08:10 AM
Jpowell7575 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
One of the best reads I've read on here in a long time. Thanks for writing that and sharing.

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517403 04/02/16 10:26 AM
C
crope1 Online Content
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Online Content
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
Got to meet the fella once,he cooked a mean burger that day....correction,mean burgers that day....

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crope1] #11517416 04/02/16 11:09 AM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
thumb Good Story Dale.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517525 04/02/16 01:11 PM
S
shill Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Great story

shill
Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517749 04/02/16 04:33 PM
B
Bruce Bullard Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Great story, haven't been on the forum that long but it is obvious that DW is old school, down to earth, never met many that he didn't like and God have mercy on the ones he doesn't care for. You can feel the respect he has on here.
Thanks

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517756 04/02/16 04:41 PM
C
crapyetr Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
C
perty much the same story i have with my crapy bud Dave B...he started out as my crapy fishin' guide on Granger and now were friends with his boat n my dock at LBJ...and yes, he kiks my arse everytime we go but i'm lernin' and will git'em 1a these days...ant it fun 2 tell fish storys...sumbody tell us anuther'n...

MERCY - not receiving what you deserve
GRACE - receiving what you don't deserve
America's MESS = God's miracle fixes
I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517765 04/02/16 04:52 PM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
wopics

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11517966 04/02/16 09:06 PM
P
Part-Timer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Crapicat, that was an awesome read and an awesome story. Thank you.

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11518026 04/02/16 10:18 PM
A
Anchorman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I agree with all the others except the one.....

Great story crapicat. I enjoyed that too.

If it ain't yours don't mess with it!
Need a friendly place to talk hunting? www.talkhunting.com

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: crapicat] #11518414 04/03/16 01:47 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
thumb

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: Fish Chaser] #11518480 04/03/16 02:19 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Fish Chaser
wopics

I actually have a few pics that I can forward, if you care to post them!...I don't know how...Anyone?

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11518507 04/03/16 02:34 AM
D
dwmoore Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Uh hummmm I'm very humbled by ALL your kind words Dale enjoyed meeting you and fishing with you.I have fished with so many from the forum and can call all of them friends.This forum is made up of great men and women it's hard this day and time to find people with a true passion and willing to go out of there way to help others.Dale told me great stories of creek fishin I may have to give this a try.Till next time.Darrell

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: dwmoore] #11518518 04/03/16 02:37 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: dwmoore
Uh hummmm I'm very humbled by ALL your kind words Dale enjoyed meeting you and fishing with you.I have fished with so many from the forum and can call all of them friends.This forum is made up of great men and women it's hard this day and time to find people with a true passion and willing to go out of there way to help others.Dale told me great stories of creek fishin I may have to give this a try.Till next time.Darrell
thumb

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Every Once in a While, It All Comes together, the End [Re: dwmoore] #11518669 04/03/16 04:54 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: dwmoore

DW, I can honestly say that any TFFer I have ever fished with, I like, so I guess we see eye to eye on that one! We will have to make the milk run one of these days!

To all the TFFer's, I appreciate the comments. I hope each of you enjoyed the story as much as I did writing it. Darrell and I enjoyed telling our experiences fishing with other forum members, laughing, hooting, and just visiting while we fished. We talked about foot controlled trolling motors (I can't stand them), anchors (he can't stand them), crappie nibbles, rods, baits, and a host of other subjects...Time really did stand still for me while fishing with him. BUT, he never KNEW the Paul Harvey version, until now...Good Day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide