Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,899
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods #11478891 03/15/16 05:31 PM
Jason Burton Guide Service Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
After Friday you will be able to buy the Thumpers at Porter's in Coffee City. I have been catching a ton of fish on the thumpers this spring. Chart/wht, live perch and black/blue have been my go to colors. If you Palestine folks haven't tried these yet you need to! Our biggest fish yesterday came on the chart/wht with a fire perch live magic shad!

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11479017 03/15/16 06:40 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
This is great news for my customers in the Lake Palestine area! I'm glad you found a new confidence bait to go to this Spring, Jason. It's going to be a real benefit for your clients to be able to go pick up what they use with you at Porter's after their trips on Lake Palestine. There is a big bass tournament coming to Palestine in a few weeks, and now everyone knows where they can go to pick up baits that will THUMP the big ones out there.

Thank you for your help with showing Porter's my baits, Jason. I'm always willing to work with new stores and in new areas. I want it to be as easy as possible for my customers to get my baits when they need them.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11480486 03/16/16 10:58 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Here are a couple of good thumper fish from yesterday. 3/8 live perch was the best color.

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11487193 03/19/16 11:22 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Porter's is all stocked up on Finch Nasty Thumpers. Greg has a good array of colors and sizes that really work on Palestine and Tyler. We caught 23 on lake Tyler yesterday on the 1/2oz chart/wht thumper with a lake Fork magic shad trailer. Go see Greg and stock up. You won't be disappointed.

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11510593 03/30/16 01:20 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
With the big bass tournament coming up y'all should stop by Porter's and pick up some thumpers. I guarantee they will catch big fish on Palestine. If anyone would like an afternoon trip to learn the lake or just some good fishing spots give me a call.

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11512393 03/31/16 12:26 AM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Happy to have Porter's as one of our new dealers for 2016. There has been a lot of demand for Thumpers in the Lake Palestine area this year, and Porter's is the only store that I'm going to ship to in that area this year. It's conveniently located off 155 next to Saline Bay, and is very close to the host marina for the Big Bass Bash April 9-10.

Jason is a phenomenal guide on east Texas lakes. He knows how to catch quality fish and navigate any of those lakes (Tyler, Palestine, Fork, Cedar Creek, etc.), and I know that because he has helped me out a bunch. If you have an afternoon free before next week's big tournament, let him take you out in your boat and he can show you how to run Palestine from Kickapoo to the Dam. I asked him to take me out last year to show me the run, and it was worth EVERY PENNY! If you look at the results from this tournament in past years, the locals cleaned up. I know they know how to catch them up there, but they also know how to navigate the lake and get to any spot they want to fish. It's a big advantage to know how to get to where you want to fish safely and the time he can help you save will mean a lot more time with a bait in the water and in the right areas of the lake.

Finch Nasty Bait Co. is now an Authorized Retailer of Keitech Fat Swing Impact swimbaits! We offer select sizes and colors that match our line of Thumpers (bladed swim jigs) and universal swim jigs.
Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11518741 04/03/16 11:31 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Alex is fishing the KCKL big bass on cedar Creek right now. He sent me this pic of a 7# that would have him in second place. Black/blue thumper was the bait of choice. Y'all stop by Porter's and pick up a couple. I think they will be players in the big bass on Palestine this coming weekend!

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11518742 04/03/16 11:32 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Sorry I can't get the pic to load.

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11522075 04/05/16 01:30 AM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Here it is... I was fishing by myself, so the pic isn't the greatest.

It weighed 7.34 on my Cul-M-Rite scales. Would have been good for 3rd overall at that weight, but could have possibly taken 2nd. We all have those stories about catching good ones during practice. This is another one of those, except it happened to occur after the lake had been beaten up all day. Sure wish it had come during tournament hours, but still feel blessed to have had the opportunity to catch a 7 pounder on a lake that was definitely fishing tough this weekend. I was fishing a very shallow flat that Jason had told me about (he grew up on Cedar Creek), and the water was murky so I went with a different trailer than what I normally use. Like I've been saying all year, that black and blue in 3/8 is having a good year roflmao

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11551956 04/19/16 01:55 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Alex cashed a first place check on a thumper in the big bass tournament on Palestine last week. With the shad spawn going strong the white thumper with a white lake fork magic shad has been doing real well. Make sure you stop by Porters on your way to the lake and pick up a couple.

Re: Finch Nasty Thumpers coming to Porter's Sporting Goods [Re: Jason Burton Guide Service] #11552003 04/19/16 02:11 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service
Alex cashed a first place check on a thumper in the big bass tournament on Palestine last week. With the shad spawn going strong the white thumper with a white lake fork magic shad has been doing real well. Make sure you stop by Porters on your way to the lake and pick up a couple.

Thanks, Jason. I was very fortunate to get some great Intel before the tournament from you. The fish were really keying in on the white. I have had a great year with Black/Blue and it was cloudy, so I stubbornly chunked it for most of the day on the first day. After the first day, I tied a white one on and that made all the difference. Nearly identical cloud cover and I fished the same spot in the morning on both days, but with the shad spawn going on they really wanted the white. With the pictured kicker and another 4.60, I had a little over 20 pounds for my best five that second morning. .02 short of a top 5 overall. Thanks again for your help out there, Jason.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide