Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11509317 03/29/16 09:29 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I own 2012 921 and have no complaints really other than the pumping gas in issue that others have mentioned. Usually pumps a lot better by turning the pump handle upside down as mentioned. The only other thing I have to say is I find I get blown around a little more on windy days than I did in my Bass Cat Jaguar. I will be buying another Phoenix though no doubt. On a side note I got caught in a squall the other day on Toledo Bend that just blew in like someone flipped the switch. From dead calm to I'm estimating close to five or six footers in no time. I was soaked by the time I made it to a safe cove taking a few pretty good sprays over the side and the bow but that would have happened in any boat in these conditions. Never really speared a wave but I was getting pretty wet. The boated handled really well though and I have so much confidence in that I have a boat that will get me home safely man it means a lot. I heard of search and rescue out there rescuing boaters from two other boats that went down that day. Its not all the boat , you still have to know how to drive in those conditions but I feel that my boat helped me in a situation that turned dangerous pretty quick.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11509322 03/29/16 09:30 PM
C
cde21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Loganf
Thanks for help and info guys that's what I was looking for. I saw a couple of yall didn't like the lazy Susan. I thought it was a cool idea but haven't got to mess with one yet. Why don't yall like it?

On the 19' boats its in the front of the main compartment. I bought a bunch of 3600 planos, and I keep my soft plastics in them. It really just forced me to be more organized instead of having them in a big rubbermaid. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite thing about the boat. If you want more info on them, go over to BBC in the Phoenix section. No one will hijack your thread with bickering over there and most the guys are very helpful.

Cody Elliott
Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11509504 03/29/16 11:09 PM
P
Phoenix 920 Pro xp Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
2016 920.

Haven't had any problems pumping gas,it might be something they fixed for 2016. I dont have the lazy susan and I guess they got rid of it in 2016

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Madman Phoenix] #11510347 03/30/16 11:05 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Madman Phoenix
I love mine. I came out of a 2014 Stratos into a 2015 919 and I can tell you that there is no comparison. I had hip replacement and needed a bigger deck,smoother ride, fishing stability and this boat gives me all of that. There is a learning curve on how to drive it but nobody says you have to drive it that fast. I don't very often. The only thing I would change is to light up the switch panel. Hard to see in the dark.

Madman they did light the panel in 2015.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11510395 03/30/16 11:48 AM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: Loganf
Thanks for help and info guys that's what I was looking for. I saw a couple of yall didn't like the lazy Susan. I thought it was a cool idea but haven't got to mess with one yet. Why don't yall like it?

Just hard to reach and utilize where it's located in the 18 and 19ft boats. I would prefer a 2nd smaller hatch in front of the big tackle compartment

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11510413 03/30/16 12:01 PM
kiamichisooner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
2015 920.

I like the removal console. But when you have it in you lose all that storage space.
I don't like the key. Wish they would have gone touch screen for all that.
The front storage compartment. Had some holder that was just a space killer. Had to take that thing out.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11512976 03/31/16 04:14 AM
B
basseditor Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
2010 721 I bought in November 2009. So long time user. Very happy overall. I've owned more than 10 boats and it is my favorite. (I drove all the major brands over two years before buying)

It's been great. Except

Filling gas is a pain sometimes so I look at the slope of the concrete by the pumps. Keep the fill end higher.

I took out the lazy Susan. It store my plastics in that compartment so I couldn't get to the Plano boxes without moving stuff around anyway.

I wish I had a 921 for the wider front deck.

I take the removable console out a lot. I like how it is removable.

If you shut down too fast, water comes over the back deck a little. Just slow down and gun it a little before completely shutting down. But I bought it knowing that when at rest it sits lower in the water so I could lip fish easier.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11513116 03/31/16 11:45 AM
F
fishnfanatic84 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Had a 2012 921, I didn't have to many problems filling with fuel, but the cooler was not the best by any means. didn't like that the switches weren't lighted like stated above, but guess they changed that in newer models, and for me the lazy susan didn't work all that great, found most of the time it wouldn't keep my boxes in place, maybe mine was broken? Aside from that, I have not considered buying any other brand of boat, I loved mine and cant wait to order my new one.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11513128 03/31/16 11:53 AM
M
Madman Phoenix Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
The switch panel in my 2015 919 doesn't light up I've had the panel out hooking up some other electronic and haven't seen anything to light it up.

What do you throw next
2015 Phoenix 919 PRO XP
Upgraded to 2 Helix 10 Mega units
Upgraded to an Ultrex
Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11515822 04/01/16 02:43 PM
Phnx#22 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I would say my only complaint is or was self induced. 2016 721

When adding graphs I wanted 1199's front and back. I mounted the front graph with the deck it mount right above the well for the trolling motor foot pedal. After using the boat fishing from it and beaching it a few times. I wish now that I would have flush mounted that graph in the bow, with the deck it mount it takes up that space needed when you exit or enter the boat from the bow. Other than that my biggest complaint is that I don't get to use it enough.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Loganf] #11516431 04/01/16 07:41 PM
P
Phoenixbird721 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I have a 2016 721 pro xp and the single, only complaint i have is I don't get to use it as much as I'd like. The 721 cuts waves very well and is excellent in big water on toledo or rayburn. The front deck is big enough for me to fish comfortably and move around with 10 rods on deck. Plenty of storage for everything you need and more. Lots of fisherman friendly features. I went with the dual console and enjoy the fact of extra room when I fish alone and a happy partner if in a tournament. I've never been wet in this boat and I've been in some water that exceeds my driving skill level. Ive had my boat 78.9 mph with a partner 3/4 tank loaded down. The chime walk is slight at best. I learned that most of it was my own driver error. All the phoenix line of boats are built with the same quality components. the price difference comes from amount of material used, difference in labor and the features that are standard on each model. The price point and fact I could build it the way I want it is what sold me. The day my boat came in was the first day id ever rode in a phoenix. I went off a gut instinct, hate from the forum from other brand owners and the smile on other phoenix owners faces after a day on the water lol. Best roll of the dice ever. While fishing bass champs on toledo a ranger and champion owner both complimented phoenix boats as being one of the best made. They also both said they were the best riding boats they had ever been in. I appreciated the fact they gave me an honest opinion and didn't let that they owned a different brand skew their thoughts. Also for the concerns on slow filling gas. The vent was the problem on previous models, I believe on the 2016 models they used a different vent. I have no problems filling wide open and others I know with this model have zero issues as well. As for the lazy Susan, I don't believe they put them on the boat anymore, mine came with a stationery storage container. At the end of the day I love my boat and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. If I had to choose something I could live without it would be the big chrome phoenix on the side but that's better than the old red,white,and black one on a blue and silver boat. Also my removable console has as small lean to it. Its something I noticed but not many others have. Hope to see you in the phoenix family soon.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Phoenixbird721] #11516893 04/01/16 11:55 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Phoenixbird721
I have a 2016 721 pro xp and the single, only complaint i have is I don't get to use it as much as I'd like. The 721 cuts waves very well and is excellent in big water on toledo or rayburn. The front deck is big enough for me to fish comfortably and move around with 10 rods on deck. Plenty of storage for everything you need and more. Lots of fisherman friendly features. I went with the dual console and enjoy the fact of extra room when I fish alone and a happy partner if in a tournament. I've never been wet in this boat and I've been in some water that exceeds my driving skill level. Ive had my boat 78.9 mph with a partner 3/4 tank loaded down. The chime walk is slight at best. I learned that most of it was my own driver error. All the phoenix line of boats are built with the same quality components. the price difference comes from amount of material used, difference in labor and the features that are standard on each model. The price point and fact I could build it the way I want it is what sold me. The day my boat came in was the first day id ever rode in a phoenix. I went off a gut instinct, hate from the forum from other brand owners and the smile on other phoenix owners faces after a day on the water lol. Best roll of the dice ever. While fishing bass champs on toledo a ranger and champion owner both complimented phoenix boats as being one of the best made. They also both said they were the best riding boats they had ever been in. I appreciated the fact they gave me an honest opinion and didn't let that they owned a different brand skew their thoughts. Also for the concerns on slow filling gas. The vent was the problem on previous models, I believe on the 2016 models they used a different vent. I have no problems filling wide open and others I know with this model have zero issues as well. As for the lazy Susan, I don't believe they put them on the boat anymore, mine came with a stationery storage container. At the end of the day I love my boat and I'm comfortable with the decision I made. If I had to choose something I could live without it would be the big chrome phoenix on the side but that's better than the old red,white,and black one on a blue and silver boat. Also my removable console has as small lean to it. Its something I noticed but not many others have. Hope to see you in the phoenix family soon.

I fish Rayburn myself. This is had to believe hahahahah. I'm giving you a hard time.

Re: Questions for Phoenix owners? [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11517292 04/02/16 03:53 AM
P
Phoenixbird721 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Haha, andrew I should of been more specific. I've never took on water over the sides. I've had over spray hit me on those really windy day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide