Forums59
Topics1,038,994
Posts13,957,036
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: EastTexasBassin] #11497376 03/24/16 02:46 AM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
Originally Posted By: timwins31
If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward.

Wow. After all of that, you then decide that you agree with me AND you call yourself a coward? Impressive.

If you're just going to argue with yourself now, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

I really don't understand what the hell you're talking about. You're the guy advocating pulling guns on people over verbal conflicts. I'm the one advocating avoiding it. Don't try to twist the facts buddy, there's all still there for everyone to read.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11497393 03/24/16 02:52 AM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Lol. You know we have a serious problem when trying to avoid a gun fight and a conflict all together makes you a "tough guy". What does that make the people salivating to pull their piece like you guys? A weak guy? Seriously.

And if you don't like being labeled a coward, don't say cowardly things - like saying you'd pull a damn gun on someone when you could have simply tried to hash it out like an adult - like a man. If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward. I don't care if it offends you. That's my opinion.

It's unbelievable that this is even a debate or a conversation. There was a point in time when men could deal with things like men, without hitting or killing each other. That time has CLEARLY passed. And now we're left with guys like in this thread.

You make everything sound like its a fair boxing match. I don't know if you have ever seen an actual fight besides what happens in junior high. In life it usually mean beating someone's head in until either you are stopped or you finish. Given that usually the odds are against you. And who ever swings first usually wins...... If someone pulls a blade then your odds decrease. Fighting is something horrible and that needs to be avoided. In life you do not have fair fights. Just my 2 cents.

I used to get in a LOT of fights when I was younger, I've seen far more violence than the average person has. I've seen someone killed over trivial bs, no more than 20 yards from me. I also played hockey for 25 years, so yes, I've seen a fight or two in my life.

You missed the point completely. You can avoid a physical confrontation by acting like an adult and not taking part in the conflict. Bottom line. Just because a pissed off guy in a boat is coming to you to argue, it doesn't mean you have to get into some physical confrontation. Don't take part, call the cops if you need to, and leave the area.

Or you can escalate the issue and flash a piece - like a coward.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11497433 03/24/16 03:14 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Lol. You know we have a serious problem when trying to avoid a gun fight and a conflict all together makes you a "tough guy". What does that make the people salivating to pull their piece like you guys? A weak guy? Seriously.

And if you don't like being labeled a coward, don't say cowardly things - like saying you'd pull a damn gun on someone when you could have simply tried to hash it out like an adult - like a man. If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward. I don't care if it offends you. That's my opinion.

It's unbelievable that this is even a debate or a conversation. There was a point in time when men could deal with things like men, without hitting or killing each other. That time has CLEARLY passed. And now we're left with guys like in this thread.

You make everything sound like its a fair boxing match. I don't know if you have ever seen an actual fight besides what happens in junior high. In life it usually mean beating someone's head in until either you are stopped or you finish. Given that usually the odds are against you. And who ever swings first usually wins...... If someone pulls a blade then your odds decrease. Fighting is something horrible and that needs to be avoided. In life you do not have fair fights. Just my 2 cents.

I used to get in a LOT of fights when I was younger, I've seen far more violence than the average person has. I've seen someone killed over trivial bs, no more than 20 yards from me. I also played hockey for 25 years, so yes, I've seen a fight or two in my life.

You missed the point completely. You can avoid a physical confrontation by acting like an adult and not taking part in the conflict. Bottom line. Just because a pissed off guy in a boat is coming to you to argue, it doesn't mean you have to get into some physical confrontation. Don't take part, call the cops if you need to, and leave the area.

Or you can escalate the issue and flash a piece - like a coward.

I don't think anyone is arguing your point above of when you can just get away from a situation. I think our point is when someone comes up to you like the guy at Walmart the other day and that got shot and died at work. I can also think about the nut in Oklahoma City a few years back and took a machete and kill someone. We don't always have a choice to just leave. Their times when you have no choice whether we are at WalMart or in our boat on the water. Their is a reason for stand your ground laws so we can protect our selves and it is our right as a America or it least it is right now. I don't think that most people on here really want to shot someone over a fishing spot we are taking about when we feel threaten and need to protect our selves. That does not make us a coward. The main reason I believe this world is in such bad shape is no one will stand any more, everyone just wants to get along and that is just not reasonable. You can look at ISIS and realize sometimes you just have to stand your ground. We are not all Left wing we sometimes have to fight the bullies to keep them from being bullies any longer. just my .02

but when you are one of the few standing on your point and everyone else seams to be on the other side makes a huge statement, that does not make us or you a coward to stand for what we believe in. I remember at the end of a FEW GOOD MEN one of the guys being charge finely got it. His job as a Marine was to stand and protect those who do not want to stand or who cannot stand. I don't believe having a difference of opinion on how to protect yourself makes you a COWARD

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 03/24/16 03:15 AM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497503 03/24/16 03:53 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I'm out of popcorn...

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497602 03/24/16 06:30 AM
B
Bruce Bullard Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Well my 2 cents is worth this. Any boat on plane that gets within a 100 yards of a boat sitting still is showing some disregard to the safety of that boats occupants. Fishing, relaxing, or whatever. Anyone is capable of losing their balance or simply dumped out of that boat when the wake hits it. And flagrant horseplay to shake someone up really irritates everyone. Show respect while on the water and maybe these threads will stop interfering
with our fishing time.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497613 03/24/16 07:48 AM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Coward? Check!
Genius? Check!
Buddy? Check!

I'm not real sure tinwins31 knows if people are courageous, cowardly, smart, stupid, friend, or foe...so he's just gonna cover all of them in one thread stir

grin

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497682 03/24/16 11:38 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Wait a minute......Steez ISNT my real name? I was just getting used to it.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11497694 03/24/16 11:50 AM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Wait a minute......Steez ISNT my real name? I was just getting used to it.

It is now.

Like said above i dont think it was people disagreeing with avoid conflicts when you can, but more so some of the personal attacks you lobbed out there. Especially when you talk about handling things like an adult and resort to that.

John Miller
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Bruce Bullard] #11497708 03/24/16 12:01 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Jignpig65
Well my 2 cents is worth this. Any boat on plane that gets within a 100 yards of a boat sitting still is showing some disregard to the safety of that boats occupants. Fishing, relaxing, or whatever. Anyone is capable of losing their balance or simply dumped out of that boat when the wake hits it. And flagrant horseplay to shake someone up really irritates everyone. Show respect while on the water and maybe these threads will stop interfering
with our fishing time.

I hate to burst your bubble, but a 100 yard separation between boats on plane and boats at rest is an unrealistic expectation. This would quickly cause gridlock on many lakes, due in large part to the fact that there are often obstacles that prevent a planing boat from maintaining such a separation. The passable channel, whether defined as a boat lane or not, may not allow a moving boat to keep that much separation - it all depends where the other boat is sitting. The law doesn't require another boater to do as you expect - but to pass safely and avoid endangerment of the parties involved. This can be done in a lot less than 100 yards. The law doesn't provide protection from your boat simply getting rocked by a wake.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497712 03/24/16 12:06 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I haven't read all this thread...should I? The parts that I've read makes me feel like someone is about to get shot....over "etiquette OTW". Really?

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Okie Poke] #11497752 03/24/16 12:31 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I haven't read all this thread...should I? The parts that I've read makes me feel like someone is about to get shot....over "etiquette OTW". Really?

Show proper etiquette......OR ELSE.

See what you started Okie! Lol. Your actions on lewisville are gonna get people killed. That's why you should avoid all boaters....when boating. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Okie Poke] #11497790 03/24/16 12:48 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

It is one of the biggest train wrecks in recent historty. It started with a piece of fiction and has degenerated into the ridiculous.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: WAWI] #11497806 03/24/16 12:55 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

It is one of the biggest train wrecks in recent historty. It started with a piece of fiction and has degenerated into the ridiculous.

That's a pretty good summary. But the best was the, "I cast my line around his ankle". Some people just can't tell a true story. rolleyes and people believe it...

Last edited by grout-scout; 03/24/16 12:56 PM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11498225 03/24/16 03:08 PM
A
AgSellers04 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
But did you catch any fish???

PBs

LMB- 11 lbs., 7 oz. Falcon

Striper- 40 lb. Long Is. Sound
BlueCat- 30 lb. Texoma
Hybrid-8.2 lb. Lewisville
Cutthroat Trout-22" Yellowstone R, WY
Rainbow Trout- 21" Blitzen R, OR
Steelhead- 8 lb. Umpqua R, OR
Redfish-20 lb. Panama C. Bay, FL

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11498960 03/24/16 08:06 PM
J
JD/76708 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
.....productive thread...

[img]http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z451...ser_media_share[/img]
We all stumble and make mistakes. When you stumble, do you want your brother to help knock you down or to help set you back on your feet?
JD
PB: 8.4 (Lake Fork)
Psalms 83:18 (Our God has a name)
Matthew 24:14, 44
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide