Forums59
Topics1,039,126
Posts13,959,651
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496220 03/23/16 07:11 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
How bout wrapping that line around the guys ankle and pulling him over. Bahahahahahaha

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11496374 03/23/16 08:03 PM
P
Phototex Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: timwins31
Lol man o man this is gonna go well. Classy move pulling a gun on some jerk kids.

I was fishing Nasworthy years ago and had a wakeboat with a kid on a board behind turn the corner and almost run us over, the kid had to let go so the rope didn't pass over us. We did have a little discussion about water safety but I didn't have to resort to illegally brandishing a weapon. And yes I had one in the boat.

Some of you guys take your right to own a firearm way too lightly.

Lighten up, my friend. The guys were in their 30s - older than I was - pure, cussed meanness....and I did NOT know he had a handgun in his tackle box.

Last edited by phototex; 03/23/16 08:04 PM.

PB: 10-01 on a Ribbit frog
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11496379 03/23/16 08:07 PM
P
Phototex Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
I just can't believe grown men would pull a gun on someone without having a little better reason than this. Seems really pathetic to me and there's no question it's illegal. I've had a concealed license for years now and I've never had to consider pulling it. If incidents like this are the reason you carry, you don't deserve the license or the gun. It means that YOU'RE a danger to others and you probably have a size issue, if you know what I mean.

It gives ALL gun owners a bad name, makes us all look like wack jobs like these two.

It gave NO ONE a bad name. He neither pointed the gun or removed it from its holster. he merely showed it, and it effectively made the drunks leave us alone. I have a CHL, and would not do that now....but I didn't do it then, either.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496388 03/23/16 08:15 PM
P
Phototex Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
It's a matter of perception, BarG. It happened exactly as I described it. We were sitting down inside the boat (no casting decks back then, either), and the ski rope WAS at our neck levels. We had to duck to keep from being caught by it. Hell, I wasn't trying to start any arguments by relating what happened so long ago, and I certainly wasn't trolling. I'm sorry I posted at all.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496392 03/23/16 08:17 PM
T
Troutnout Offline
Angler
Angler
T
popcorn Enjoying the thread while eating some nice savory Orville Redenbacher (Theater Style) butter popcorn... Also polishing the trusty 686 while enjoying the humor from the clowns.... Does it get any better than this?? bump

Official Wannabe
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496429 03/23/16 08:34 PM
B
BarG Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: phototex
It's a matter of perception, BarG. It happened exactly as I described it. We were sitting down inside the boat (no casting decks back then, either), and the ski rope WAS at our neck levels. We had to duck to keep from being caught by it. Hell, I wasn't trying to start any arguments by relating what happened so long ago, and I certainly wasn't trolling. I'm sorry I posted at all.

So although you were supposedly scared for your life you though it was a good idea to throw a hook at them as they come back by... because you were scared or vengeful? Doesn't seem like the act of someone scared for their lives... more sounds like someone looking for a fight.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496898 03/23/16 11:47 PM
I
I love fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Situation like this I just move to different spot. I'm on a lake to enjoy the relaxation. Not worth it.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496964 03/24/16 12:23 AM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Lol. You know we have a serious problem when trying to avoid a gun fight and a conflict all together makes you a "tough guy". What does that make the people salivating to pull their piece like you guys? A weak guy? Seriously.

And if you don't like being labeled a coward, don't say cowardly things - like saying you'd pull a damn gun on someone when you could have simply tried to hash it out like an adult - like a man. If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward. I don't care if it offends you. That's my opinion.

It's unbelievable that this is even a debate or a conversation. There was a point in time when men could deal with things like men, without hitting or killing each other. That time has CLEARLY passed. And now we're left with guys like in this thread.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496973 03/24/16 12:27 AM
S
Slade Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
It's funny to me that people are quick to make judgements and start name calling but don't even use their real names in the forum.

I keep a gun in my boat, ideally for snakes but after reading some of this I am beginning to realize that some of the snakes I need to be ready for are riding around in boats already.

PB 10.58 Joe Pool

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11497031 03/24/16 12:47 AM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Lol. You know we have a serious problem when trying to avoid a gun fight and a conflict all together makes you a "tough guy". What does that make the people salivating to pull their piece like you guys? A weak guy? Seriously.

And if you don't like being labeled a coward, don't say cowardly things - like saying you'd pull a damn gun on someone when you could have simply tried to hash it out like an adult - like a man. If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward. I don't care if it offends you. That's my opinion.

It's unbelievable that this is even a debate or a conversation. There was a point in time when men could deal with things like men, without hitting or killing each other. That time has CLEARLY passed. And now we're left with guys like in this thread.

You make everything sound like its a fair boxing match. I don't know if you have ever seen an actual fight besides what happens in junior high. In life it usually mean beating someone's head in until either you are stopped or you finish. Given that usually the odds are against you. And who ever swings first usually wins...... If someone pulls a blade then your odds decrease. Fighting is something horrible and that needs to be avoided. In life you do not have fair fights. Just my 2 cents.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11497057 03/24/16 12:53 AM
EastTexasBassin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
If you think it takes a "tough guy" to use your words instead of a bullet to solve a conflict then again - I think you're a coward.

Wow. After all of that, you then decide that you agree with me AND you call yourself a coward? Impressive.

If you're just going to argue with yourself now, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11497124 03/24/16 01:11 AM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
There was a point in time when men could deal with things like men, without hitting or killing each other. That time has CLEARLY passed. And now we're left with guys like in this thread.

Men have always and will always hit and kill eachother for some reason or another. Sad but true.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497170 03/24/16 01:24 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Thread if the year nomination.Lol please make it stop.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11497183 03/24/16 01:32 AM
aquaholic1822 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: phototex
The only time I really got ticked off while fishing was during a tournament way back in the Jurassic (mid-1970s) on Medina Lake. It wasn't a fisherman, but a ski boat. My partner and I were working a bank with ledges about 50 feet away from us when here comes a fast boat pulling a skier. The boat buzzed us on the offshore side, but the skier went over both our lines. Had we not seen it coming, the tow rope would have taken our heads off. Man, we were both PO'd and scared. They were all laughing as they sped off. A few minutes later, here they came again. I picked up a rod I had previously rigged with a 3/4 oz slip sinker, a big worm, and a 5/0 hook. They tried the same thing again, and I made my cast - wrapped that terminal tackle around the skier's ankle, too. I never even tried to set the hook. As my line broke, naturally the guy went "tail over teacup." That ticked off the boat driver, too, but when he idled over toward us after picking his friend out of the water, he changed his mind and sped away when he saw my partner glare back at him and quietly pull a .357 magnum out of his tackle box. We were so mad that we never even look for his boat numbers. They did leave about 7-8 empty beer cans floating behind them when they left.

I guess we were lucky that day, even though we never weighed in a fish.

this is all I got from this...

[Linked Image]
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Slade] #11497368 03/24/16 02:44 AM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Slade
It's funny to me that people are quick to make judgements and start name calling but don't even use their real names in the forum.

I keep a gun in my boat, ideally for snakes but after reading some of this I am beginning to realize that some of the snakes I need to be ready for are riding around in boats already.

My names Tim Malone. I live in Lewisville in the Chapel Hill apts, #5545. I hope that makes you feel better, tho I don't see what it has to do with anything.

By the way, Slade isn't your full name either, now is it genius?

Last edited by timwins31; 03/24/16 02:47 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide