Forums59
Topics1,039,297
Posts13,962,438
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11495566 03/23/16 03:19 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: timwins31
I just can't believe grown men would pull a gun on someone without having a little better reason than this. Seems really pathetic to me and there's no question it's illegal. I've had a concealed license for years now and I've never had to consider pulling it. If incidents like this are the reason you carry, you don't deserve the license or the gun. It means that YOU'RE a danger to others and you probably have a size issue, if you know what I mean.

It gives ALL gun owners a bad name, makes us all look like wack jobs like these two.

You are very lucky that you have never had a reason to pull your weapon. I was once like you until someone threatened my life in a very serious way (over absolutely nothing, road rage on their part) and pulling out my gun IMMEDIATELY ended the situation. As a "grown man", I was shaking like a child and have no doubt that the gun kept me from serious harm at that moment.

I hope you can avoid this type of situation forever. If your gun is ever used for protection, please get back on here and tell us if you feel the same way.

My point is you don't know anyones life story and what they have encountered in the past that might make them quicker than you to attempt to avoid a dangerous situation by using a gun.

There is trash like these people, http://www.flwfishing.com/news/2016-02-01-bfl-angler-poche-stabbed-to-death, all over the world. This is a tragedy and I am not saying a gun would have solved this situation, it could have made it much worse, but I want to be prepared for losers like this that have nothing to live for. Guns wouldn't exist if they weren't good at keeping people in line. The downside is that the wrong people get them way too often, which is all the more reason to own one.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: 921 Phoenix] #11495586 03/23/16 03:28 PM
B
BarG Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: BarG
I have had more etiquette issues with fishermen than any other segment of the boat population. We wakesurf and wake board regularly and the fishermen seem to think they own the entire shoreline once they are on a spot. The thing that irritates me the most is once we have a 'line' picked out along a shore you can see the boat start to ease out from the shore line into deeper water in our path... you pass and they move back to normal fishing... I have had lures chunked at me, flipped off numerous times, people holding up guns, cut off within 10-15 yds while we were underway pulling a skier, had bass boats jump our wake directly behind our skier.

The problems I have with Wally's tend to be ignorance side and the problems with fishermen tend to be on the [censored] side.

I am older and I haven't water skied in twenty years but I do know a little bit about this. We water skied about 15 weekends a year for ten years when we were younger. The problem with skiers and wake boarders is they want the smoother water to play in. this just happens to be the water closest to the shore which is where the fishermen are usually fishing. The water skiers pick a line to get to the smoother water and they don't care that they are running straight at another boat or so close that if their had been a mechanical problem they would run over the bass fisherman with their big ski boat because they do not want to ski in rough water. Their is two sides to this story and I have been on both sides of the story. I know as I have gotten older that I was wrong in skiing that close to the fishermen and putting them in so much danger just so I could show off. just my .02

921, without a doubt the situation you are describing is poor etiquette on the skiers part or yours in your younger days. I know the rules well and when we pick lines we are well away from the fishermen but do cruise parallel the bank. There is no reason to be fishing a bank then troll out 30-40 yds make a few casts then go directly back to the bank they were previously on. We have had idiot skiers do what you described to us as well and I flag them down to correct them and most seem to oblivious to what they are doing (Wally's).

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: EastTexasBassin] #11495727 03/23/16 04:23 PM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
He didn't say they were kids and their incident was no accident. If someone was idling towards me with the intention of causing trouble I'd have my gun out for sure.

Then you're not only a coward too, you'd be a criminal.

I am not sure where to stand on this issue. We live in a different world and need to be prepared for the worst. I hope I never get to were I need to carry a gun to the lake but I don't want to be just another funeral either.

We do live in a different world. My cousin had a confrontation with some wacko at the lake. My cousin was the "tough guy" and kept his gun put away. The wacko got his gun out first and shot my cousin. My cousin is dead. So call me a coward, I really don't care. You go be the tough guy and get shot too. We'll all make courteous posts about thoughts and prayers for your family

Sounds like your cousin put himself in a bad situation and paid the price. Maybe you should learn to avoid conflict instead of escalating them with a gun. Eh? Crazy thought huh.

I'm not going to be a tough guy, I'm going to be the better guy and avoid the conflict all together.

Last edited by buda13; 03/23/16 07:30 PM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11495842 03/23/16 05:07 PM
EastTexasBassin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Bad situations and conflict can find you, whether you would "put yourself in it" or not. For your sake, I sincerely hope you never face a situation like that. Your superior maturity and bravery will be lost with you. Thoughts and prayers for your family...

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11495846 03/23/16 05:08 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
[quote=EastTexasBassin]He didn't say they were kids and their incident was no accident. If someone was idling towards me with the intention of causing trouble I'd have my gun out for sure.

We do live in a different world. My cousin had a confrontation with some wacko at the lake. My cousin was the "tough guy" and kept his gun put away. The wacko got his gun out first and shot my cousin. My cousin is dead. So call me a coward, I really don't care. You go be the tough guy and get shot too. We'll all make courteous posts about thoughts and prayers for your family

Sounds like your cousin put himself in a bad situation and paid the price. Maybe you should learn to avoid conflict instead of escalating them with a gun. Eh? Crazy thought huh.

I'm not going to be a tough guy, I'm going to be the better guy and avoid the conflict all together. .

Just like you have been the better guy with your responses right?
Smh

Last edited by buda13; 03/23/16 07:32 PM.

John Miller
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11495860 03/23/16 05:13 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Tim, I call your post above over the line. Name calling just ain't cool, especially on the forum. Of course, nobody cares what I think.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11495919 03/23/16 05:34 PM
W
WillieKetchum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W

I am not sure where to stand on this issue. We live in a different world and need to be prepared for the worst. I hope I never get to were I need to carry a gun to the lake but I don't want to be just another funeral either.

I'm not going to be a tough guy, I'm going to be the better guy and avoid the conflict all together.

You call that guy a coward because of the way he handles situations. From the way you explain yourself.

Last edited by buda13; 03/23/16 07:32 PM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Cast] #11495946 03/23/16 05:42 PM
F
Frenzy Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
F
popcorn

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: timwins31] #11495949 03/23/16 05:42 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A

Hymmm angry guy charging you in a boat...... That could mean you are dead quickly or you have a ridiculous quick speed draw..... What a joke dude....

Last edited by buda13; 03/23/16 07:33 PM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Cast] #11495950 03/23/16 05:43 PM
B
bmnloader Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Originally Posted By: Cast

Tim, I call your post above over the line. Name calling just ain't cool, especially on the forum. Of course, nobody cares what I think.

^^Exactly right-the name calling part that is

Last edited by bmnloader; 03/23/16 05:43 PM.
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11495962 03/23/16 05:47 PM
O
OneFishAway Offline
Angler
Angler
O
I personally refuse to be a victim. If pulling my weapon will de-escalate a potentially violent situation then I will. Any situation can escalate rapidly, I choose to be ready and not behind the 8 ball. Not all confrontations can be completely avoided. Having said that I refuse to die over stupid chit.

PB 9.25 Benbrook
Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Cast] #11495969 03/23/16 05:51 PM
Mudshark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Cast

I care. I hope that makes you feel better.

[Linked Image]

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496001 03/23/16 05:59 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I'd rather be the solution over a statistic...

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496096 03/23/16 06:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The story sounds like a skit from gilligans or the fonz jumping the shark.

Re: The 'Ettiquete' Posts Turned On My Memory..... [Re: Phototex] #11496197 03/23/16 07:02 PM
B
BarG Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Long line ski ropes are only 75' (25 yards) at the very longest. In the 1970's there was no such invention as a 'ski pylon.' All ski boats in the era the rope at to be attached very near the transom close to water level, even in the high end Nautiques of the day. Wake board towers have only been around since the mid 1990s. If the boat when to the offshore side and the skier went bank side as reported and you think about the angle from water level to chest high on a skier 25' yards away even if he had his hands over his head the rope would have had to get wrapped around Phototex boat, motor, chairs, windshield, would have had to take their legs out from under them, would have taken their poles out from their hands. It is physically not possible for a skier to get the rope over the head of a grown man who is standing 4-8" above the water level in a boat while the skier was at water level. The story can't have happened as described due to the laws of physics.

Last edited by BarG; 03/23/16 07:07 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide