texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,768
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle #11483233 03/17/16 02:41 PM
C
CrappieTX Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
GAME ON!!! Just rec'd my Thermocline Lures in record time! Thanks Belinda & Todd!
Also ordered, for the first time, Nekid Tackles 1/16th oz. jig heads, in assorted colors, with the keepers added. This is a fantastic jig head. I asked how well the paint lasts and Ron took a jig head, slammed it on the concrete, and not a chip in it. SOLD! Ron is a terrific guy and I will continue to do business with him.
I'm pretty excited to use these jig heads and, as always, Lil' fry does the trick for me, every time.
Thanks to both of these guys, and gal, (Sorry Belinda - can't forget the brains of that operation)for a wonderful product and making my fishing experiences even better.

Last edited by CropieTX; 03/17/16 07:24 PM.
Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11485012 03/18/16 05:45 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
bow_downi want!!!!

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11485014 03/18/16 05:47 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Are the plastics soft like Bobby Garlands or hard like CPO? Bobby G makes good baits and colors but they tear up after a few fish!

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11485015 03/18/16 05:47 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Are the plastics soft like Bobby Garlands or hard like CPO? Bobby G makes good baits and colors but they tear up after a few fish!

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11485307 03/18/16 01:31 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000

I believe that they are somewhere between the BG's and CPO as far as durability. Last year I pulled up about 40 fish on a night prowler Mr. Fry before I had to change baits. And that was because I hung the jig and broke off. I do really like the colors of Thermocline.

I have never tried dock shooting with them because the Thump Buddies/Chubbies do hold up much better in this application. They also work well for vertical fishing and Lane just loaded me up with some of his Thump Jumpers and am looking forward to hanging some fish on them.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11485335 03/18/16 01:41 PM
C
CrappieTX Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
IMO, They are more durable than the others and have more tail action at the same time. I seem to be able to use Thermocline plastics longer than the other because they don't tear up as easy. And now, with Nekidtackles jig heads with keepers, I'll be able to use them even longer.

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11486039 03/18/16 07:40 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Don't know if I can answer this question as well as TBox can, but they are my go to bait and best I recall, was probably his first paying customer...they are designed to be supple in water...tail wiggles even if you can hold it still...and soft enough so that it feels like a natural minnow when being bit (so the fish hold on to it longer)...but strong enough to last a bit longer than many commercial available baits. How long they last is always a question of semantics, depending on how you fish, where, and how the crappie are biting (soft, aggressive, etc)...but I would say this...they last longer than a minnow, and not as long as hair jig.

Mine don't seem to last long at all!!! Because, every time folks come up to me and ask what bait am I using to just hammer the fish...I feel compelled to give them a few (with jig heads) and tell them to try them out, see what they think...then later they will come back over as ask..."what is the name of these baits and how do I get some". Just saying...if you want to try some before you spend money on some, take me fishing...I will even show you how I fish them...and keep in mind, TBox showed me how to fish them....Hope this information helps....

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11486237 03/18/16 09:01 PM
L
larry mays Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
CRAPICAT you did a great job there. You guys that have trouble with the jigs tearing up a lot of it is your doing. There is no good hooks for plastic jig fishing, but what you can do to help out is: on collar type use a file and take off of the lead to better fit the jig, on a wire type is best bend the wire back close to head and cut a good bit off of it. Also to get more hits it helps to check the jig hooks by running a short line and see how they hang. Hole the line up at 12 o'clock and the hook eye hanging down at 6 o'clock. The tail of the jig should be about 9 o'clock or higher.

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11486418 03/18/16 10:31 PM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Looks like you got some good colors there crappie cat. Thermocline lures are not near as hard as CPO and they aren't as soft as Bobby garland either IMO. They are a good blend so that you get good action and durability at the same time. And they are perfectionists. If it doesn't shoot just right, then they don't sell them. They take pride in their work. Great bait and great folks!

Glen Roberts

"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: larry mays] #11486453 03/18/16 10:55 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Thanks for the kind comment Larry... all I use are collarless...on collared jigs, I cut the collar off with side cutters (lengthwise cuts). The Lil Frys need to touch the head without looking "fat" such as when using a collared jig. Basically, they are just too small to use collars and obtain the right look./action IMO..also, I use #6 hooks most of the time. Occasionally, I will use a #8 hook if I can find them. Thermocline sells the correct size/type jigs for his baits...that is a plus...depending on depth/wind, I use from 1/32 to 1/16th weights...when I can find smaller weights, I use them as well...1/64 or 1/48...when I can get away with it...Color is a personal preference, but I use non-painted heads most always. I have never tried the Nekid Tackle jig heads so I can't comment on them. Hope this information helps.

Re: Thermocline Lures & Nekid Tackle [Re: CrappieTX] #11487018 03/19/16 03:37 AM
L
larry mays Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
A good place to get the what I call odd-size, for real it is out of place for this market is Chuck and Deb's. You can google them and they are easy to find. Don't let the name fool you it is the biggest crappie house any where. Nekid Tackle does have very good jig hooks but right now its is for just what most people order most. I use for a large part same jigs as you, but don't use sickle hooks. And I use 10, 8, and 6 hooks for the lil fry in all weights from 1/80's down to 3/32 and have no trouble. On the large jigs I use all of the way up to number 1 hooks.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide