Print Thread
full disclosure.. #11473482 03/12/16 10:36 PM
T
topwater sniper Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
If you have the time, I would like to explain the idea behind the Top Sniper contest without sounding like a used car salesman or a furniture outlet commercial.
In October 2015, I carved my first top water lure from pine. I wanted to test it during a family canoe trip, just to see what action it had. It was not painted at all. We found a nice spot on the lake and I decided to throw my trusty rebel pop-r. After a dozen casts and no hits, I concluded the fish weren't biting. Then I thought I could at least tie on my homemade lure to check the action. On the second cast, A keeper largemouth exploded on it and I landed it. A few casts later, I landed another keeper bass. It was exciting, but I thought it was a fluke.
I go fishing with my Dad every Wednesday(my day off work)on a lake we have been fishing for 3 years, so I decided to take the lure there. It outperformed the pop-r, the hula popper,the plastic worm, the spinnerbait, and the zara puppy...by a lot. My Dad fished all those lures, I fished only mine...and I out fished him 12 bass to 1( in one hours time).He wasn't happy that I kicked his butt, but he asked if I would make one for him. We also had never caught a pike on this lake in the 3 years we fished it, but when I started using my lure, we caught 3 keeper northern pike. My Dad is 71 years old, used to go fishing with my grandpa in Wisconsin for muskie...but the pike he caught on my lure was the biggest fish he ever landed.
Keep in mind that I have only fished this lure in the month of October and a couple times on a city pond in November(by then Dad and Mom went to Florida for the winter, leaving me with no boat!). On the city pond near where I live, it has heavy fishing pressure just because of it's proximity to a large population. I have fished there many years and only ever come away with small bluegills and never any bass. Since using my lure there, I caught 5 keeper bass...the last 2 on November 10th! pretty late in the season for top water up here in northern Indiana.
To make a long story even longer...I really just want to see if this lure will work for other fisherman before I make a decision to market them. Thus, I have put up my time and money to create a contest for fisherman. It's really just that simple. So far I have as competitors...Tim M. from Indiana, Randy D. from Indiana, Logan N. from Ohio, Dave L. from Michigan, Thad R. from Texas, and David W. from Texas. I would like to reach my maximum of 10 competitors.
As outlined in my website, A competitor will receive 2 lures and the competition goes from the day they receive the lures (ship date of March 30,2016) until October 31, 2016.
Prizes include: $250.00 gift card for Top Sniper( the competitor that has shown the most proficiency and success with the lure), $50.00 gift card for big bass, Topwater sniper t-shirt(pic on website) for most fish pics , and $10.00 gift card for 5 fish pics sent to my email. These gift cards are up to the winner to decide what store.
I am very impressed and pleased with the members on Texas Fishing Forum. Very welcoming and nice...and there are a lot of you!
Thank you for your time..I hope this sheds some light on why I am doing this and the fact that it does not cost a competitor anything, on the contrary, you will have nothing to lose...and much to gain.
Contest details are at my website www.topwatersniper.com
If you would like to join the contest, just shoot me an email at www.topwatersniper@gmail.com
Thank you!
Chuck

Re: full disclosure.. [Re: topwater sniper] #11477941 03/15/16 03:07 AM
T
Thad Rains Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Thank you Chuck,

I look forward to getting you lures and fishing them here in NW Texas. We have a good topwawter bite most of the year, so hopefully, we can do some damage with your lures. I will be throwing them on 20# McCoys, to keep from a big fish breaking them off. It MAY hurt the action a little bit, but I would rather be safe than sorry. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Thad Rains

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Re: full disclosure.. [Re: topwater sniper] #11481795 03/16/16 09:04 PM
T
topwater sniper Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
It is my pleasure...I have been working hard today on competitor lures. Frog and bluegill patterns. I will be posting a "welcome to the contest" and "how I fish this lure" video shortly before the lures ship out on March 30.
Thanks to the competitors and the TFF for making this contest a reality!
Chuck

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide