Forums59
Topics1,037,798
Posts13,934,678
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11512225 03/30/16 11:22 PM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I promise if my Cristal ball was not in the shop getting fixed,
and we knew that Palestine was gonna put out the bags that it is this year
then we would have had it back at Palestine, but unfortunately last years poor
turn out prompted us to go back to Tyler, where the last 5 years have been really
good fish wise and we avged 47 teams. but we will try Palestine again next year,
we will be flip flopping between lakes from now on, hopefully that will make everybody happy.
And thanks for your input.

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11512326 03/30/16 11:59 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: bighawgdawg
I hope those 20 more teams remember that this is a charity tournament to raise
money for the kids at St Pauls Foundation and it really shouldn't matter where the
tournament is, its the reason for the tournament that is important.
but We did try Palestine lats year because we thought we would have a better turn out,
but we had less boats then any of the other 5 tournaments, but we talked
about it, and we will try Palestine one more time next year in 2017.

This is what it's about...have fun outdoors fishing and at the same time you are helping raise money for a good cause. This is not about us being real competitive and wanting to fish on a better lake so we can feel like we have a chance to win. It's an opportunity to do something good once in a while and help other people. Everything shouldn't be about "what's in it for me?" All a matter of perspective on what's really important!

Off soap box now, thanks!

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: Jimfishes] #11513041 03/31/16 09:57 AM
H
hookedon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted By: Ol Man River
Originally Posted By: bighawgdawg
I hope those 20 more teams remember that this is a charity tournament to raise
money for the kids at St Pauls Foundation and it really shouldn't matter where the
tournament is, its the reason for the tournament that is important.
but We did try Palestine lats year because we thought we would have a better turn out,
but we had less boats then any of the other 5 tournaments, but we talked
about it, and we will try Palestine one more time next year in 2017.

This is what it's about...have fun outdoors fishing and at the same time you are helping raise money for a good cause. This is not about us being real competitive and wanting to fish on a better lake so we can feel like we have a chance to win. It's an opportunity to do something good once in a while and help other people. Everything shouldn't be about "what's in it for me?" All a matter of perspective on what's really important!

Off soap box now, thanks!

It's not a matter of having a chance to win, it's a matter of catching better quality fish and better structure to fish. However, it is for a good cause and I agree to that.

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11513924 03/31/16 05:21 PM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
thank you both for your input, I agree on all points, we are just hoping for a great turn out,
this is the first time we have had a chance to win a new boat, or to fish with one of the best BIG BASS
pros in the country KEITH COMBS, and if we have more turn out that means more is going to the KIDs at St Pauls
and that is our main priority, mo money mo money for da kids, remember to sign up Friday night at Gander Mt on broadway
from 5:30 to 9:00 or, WalMart on Broadway same hrs and at the lake Saturday am, we'll be there at 4am .
see y'all there.

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: Hobbs McAvoy] #11516676 04/01/16 10:14 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy
Lake Tyler is not what many would call a fun lake to fish. Palestine has been producing some giant sacks this year with a lot of double digit bass being caught. You tried Palestine last year and it had a worse draw than Tyler. I'm not sure what you need to do. Give it more than just one year on Palestine?? I don't know but good luck and I hope you have a great turnout for a worthy cause.

Same team that caught the 33-lbs on Palestine is the same guys that won both the FOM on Tyler.

People don't turn out for Palestine unless they are very familiar with the lake. Because most people prefer for their lower unit to be still attached at the weigh in. roflmao

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: Fast Lane] #11517234 04/02/16 03:16 AM
H
Hobbs McAvoy Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted By: Fast Lane
Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy
Lake Tyler is not what many would call a fun lake to fish. Palestine has been producing some giant sacks this year with a lot of double digit bass being caught. You tried Palestine last year and it had a worse draw than Tyler. I'm not sure what you need to do. Give it more than just one year on Palestine?? I don't know but good luck and I hope you have a great turnout for a worthy cause.

Same team that caught the 33-lbs on Palestine is the same guys that won both the FOM on Tyler.

People don't turn out for Palestine unless they are very familiar with the lake. Because most people prefer for their lower unit to be still attached at the weigh in. roflmao

Mediabass and FOM have similar turnouts for Palestine and Tyler. Around 60-65 boats. I doubt all of them are "very familiar" with the lake. Believe it or not, it's not always the north end of Palestine that produce big sacks of fish especially in April. I'm not on here lobbying for the tournament to move back to Palestine. I just want the tournament to draw as many boats as possible to raise more money for the kids. You have to appeal to the avid and/or tournament bass angler to have a successful charity bass tournament. That is not an easy task for anyone with all the competition from other tournaments and trails taking place. I think the tournament has been great at both lakes. It's just more fun to catch fish vs not catch fish. I think that is what hookedon is getting at with the "20 teams". Lake Tyler is a grind most of the time and the tournament results show it. Hopefully the competitive fire will get to those 20 teams so they sign up and Lake Tyler will have a great turnout.

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11517676 04/02/16 03:18 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Those 20 teams didn't sign up at Palestine last year now did they? Tyler draws more teams for this tournament. I can assure you the Teams that are catching 20+ lbs at Palestine are very familiar with that lake. I know most of them and they have fished that lake for years. I can assure you;)

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: Fast Lane] #11517703 04/02/16 03:48 PM
H
Hobbs McAvoy Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Those 20 teams didn't sign up at Palestine last year now did they? Tyler draws more teams for this tournament. I can assure you the Teams that are catching 20+ lbs at Palestine are very familiar with that lake. I know most of them and they have fished that lake for years. I can assure you;)

If in fact Tyler draws more boats then it should stay on Tyler and not bounce back to Palestine. I think it should draw at least 60 boats at either venue. And I do know the guys catching the big sacks and they are familiar with Palestine but the field is still 60+ boats for most tournaments. I'm hoping Tyler draws a huge crowd and the tournament is a great success. They do a great job running the tournament with some great door prizes and food! You can't ask for more than that from a charity tournament.

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11520491 04/04/16 02:40 PM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
bump

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11524541 04/06/16 03:42 AM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
bump

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11526762 04/07/16 03:54 AM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
BUMP

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11528417 04/08/16 12:51 AM
bighawgdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
BUMP

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: Fast Lane] #11531465 04/09/16 10:02 PM
H
hookedon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H

How do you know who did or didn't? You weren't there your scared to run it remember, lol

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: hookedon] #11531903 04/10/16 03:09 AM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: hookedon

How do you know who did or didn't? You weren't there your scared to run it remember, lol

Funny how the ones whining wanting to have it on Palestine are the same ones that don't ever win anything at any lake wink

Re: 7th ANNUAL ST PAUL CHARITY TOURNAMENT [Re: bighawgdawg] #11531935 04/10/16 03:29 AM
J
Jobie99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Big Dawg, is the boat a raffle or first place?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide