Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? #11460486 03/07/16 02:42 PM
B
BrazosRiverTom Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Just wondering, as my local bait guy is upset with me that I insist on getting a receipt, he says I worry to much. The receipt he gives me is just a very faded ink receipt from the cash register with no name, no words, just printed sales numbers. When I buy minnows in Graham he gives a receipt, that shows amount and costs and he stamps the back of the receipt with a rubber stamp that shows the address and phone number of his shop.

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460503 03/07/16 02:50 PM
D
Dr. Chase Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Just curious...why would you want a receipt for minnows? I guess I'm confused.

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460630 03/07/16 03:29 PM
T
tshirtfan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Only thing I can think of is that he needs it for tax purposes if he is a guide.

Thy will be done
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460645 03/07/16 03:34 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
To prove that the minnows were purchased, not trapped or seined on a body of water and used on another is what I suspect

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460722 03/07/16 04:02 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
Just wondering, as my local bait guy is upset with me that I insist on getting a receipt, he says I worry to much. The receipt he gives me is just a very faded ink receipt from the cash register with no name, no words, just printed sales numbers. When I buy minnows in Graham he gives a receipt, that shows amount and costs and he stamps the back of the receipt with a rubber stamp that shows the address and phone number of his shop.

Yep, Pixler makes it a point to make sure you have it. I have been checked once in the past. I think any thing scribbled on a piece of paper will work. The one time I got checked, my receipt was wet and barely legible and it wasn't an issue.

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460742 03/07/16 04:09 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
You might want to read here about bait receipts
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoo...aquatic-species

Transport and use of commercially purchased live bait in water while fishing from a vessel is allowed, provided persons in possession of the bait have a receipt that identifies the source of the bait. Any live bait purchased from a location on or adjacent to a public water body that is transported in water from that water body can only be used as bait on that same water body.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460882 03/07/16 05:00 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Here is a unique situation. I keep leftover minnnows in a large aquarium. So if I dont fish for 2 weeks, and get asked for the minnow reciept, it will be hard for the GW to believe. So I called one. He asked me where I got the water to put in the tank, and I told him., City.. why dont the minnows die hes asked.. Start right or Prime water conditioner I answer..
HMMMMM .. then long pause.. HMMMMMMMM then another long pause..
Then he said, well just show the GW the reciept, but then he may have to follow you to the house to verify you actually have this large tank you speak of,...,
then I ask, well what if I just started fishing and arent ready to leave
?
HMMMM then long pause.. .
Then brilliance flashes him... he says well just have them call me, and I will tell them that you called me regarding this issue, and it will be a more believable story..

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: leanin post] #11460917 03/07/16 05:10 PM
Beltonbanger� Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Here is a unique situation. I keep leftover minnnows in a large aquarium. So if I dont fish for 2 weeks, and get asked for the minnow reciept, it will be hard for the GW to believe. So I called one. He asked me where I got the water to put in the tank, and I told him., City.. why dont the minnows die hes asked.. Start right or Prime water conditioner I answer..
Then he said, well just show the GW the reciept, but then he may have to follow you to the house to verify you actually have this large tank you speak of,...,
?
Then brilliance flashes him... he says well just have them call me, and I will tell them that you called me regarding this issue, and it will be a more believable story..

there is a real easy out. They right you a citation and you take that whole argument to the judge. Now for the cost of the minnows from home, you deal with the citation, judge and your time dealing with it. Minnows are a lot cheaper!

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460921 03/07/16 05:11 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

The store owner/operator is in violation if he/she does not provide a sales receipt clearly showing the bait purchased from their location.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11460960 03/07/16 05:20 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
maybe the bait store seined the minnows, maybe the hatchery seined the minnows ... where did the bait store get it's water from?...and the hatchery? Is the hatchery water ok to be transplanted into all the different lakes?

Is it ok to [censored] in the lake?

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11461040 03/07/16 05:47 PM
Ranger-188-2007 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Has to do with this zebra mussel nonsense!

All fishermen are legends in their own minds! Ranger Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics,Motor guide, and all the tackle in the world.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/365bb712f56bc9c214b076b68/images/151584f3190d220.JPG
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11461073 03/07/16 05:56 PM
J
Jig Man Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Sounds like legalized extortion to me... It might slow it down from one river drainage to another. But stop the spread down stream?

Life is Good..<><

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: Beltonbanger�] #11461083 03/07/16 05:58 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger
Originally Posted By: leanin post
?

there is a real easy out. They right you a citation and you take that whole argument to the judge. Now for the cost of the minnows from home, you deal with the citation, judge and your time dealing with it. Minnows are a lot cheaper!

12 bucks for 3 dozen is not really cheap to me.. Also GW will win in court every time.
There are not enough of them to start with, and a judge isnt going to tie him up in court long., I dont want to tie him up either, just want a straight answer.
The problem I have is I couldnt really get a straight answer out of the GW.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11461120 03/07/16 06:09 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
3 minnows = 1 dollar. 33.33333333333333333333333333333333 each.
If that is cheap, I must have retired too soon. hmmm

Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom] #11461170 03/07/16 06:28 PM
Beltonbanger� Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Online Shocked
Extreme Angler
Minnows and a receipt is a LOT cheaper than a ticket, judge and a day to deal with it.

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide