Forum Stats
102734 Members
61 Forums
859320 Topics
11273503 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#11460486 - 03/07/16 08:42 AM Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows?
BrazosRiverTom Offline
Angler

Just wondering, as my local bait guy is upset with me that I insist on getting a receipt, he says I worry to much. The receipt he gives me is just a very faded ink receipt from the cash register with no name, no words, just printed sales numbers. When I buy minnows in Graham he gives a receipt, that shows amount and costs and he stamps the back of the receipt with a rubber stamp that shows the address and phone number of his shop.

#11460503 - 03/07/16 08:50 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Brazos Bass Cat Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Benbrook/Granbury/Whitney/Stil...
Just curious...why would you want a receipt for minnows? I guess I'm confused.

Team Pro-Cull

#11460630 - 03/07/16 09:29 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
tshirtfan Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Granbury, Tx
Only thing I can think of is that he needs it for tax purposes if he is a guide.

#11460645 - 03/07/16 09:34 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
tboxfish Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: A small blue spot on planet ea...
To prove that the minnows were purchased, not trapped or seined on a body of water and used on another is what I suspect

http://www.texasdeercams.com "Your closer to the Outdoors that You think!"

#11460722 - 03/07/16 10:02 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
TCK73 Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Jack County
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
Just wondering, as my local bait guy is upset with me that I insist on getting a receipt, he says I worry to much. The receipt he gives me is just a very faded ink receipt from the cash register with no name, no words, just printed sales numbers. When I buy minnows in Graham he gives a receipt, that shows amount and costs and he stamps the back of the receipt with a rubber stamp that shows the address and phone number of his shop.

Yep, Pixler makes it a point to make sure you have it. I have been checked once in the past. I think any thing scribbled on a piece of paper will work. The one time I got checked, my receipt was wet and barely legible and it wasn't an issue.

#11460742 - 03/07/16 10:09 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Ken Gaby Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Belton, TX
You might want to read here about bait receipts
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoo...aquatic-species

Transport and use of commercially purchased live bait in water while fishing from a vessel is allowed, provided persons in possession of the bait have a receipt that identifies the source of the bait. Any live bait purchased from a location on or adjacent to a public water body that is transported in water from that water body can only be used as bait on that same water body.
www.thermoclinelures.com / "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders

#11460882 - 03/07/16 11:00 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: TEXAS
Here is a unique situation. I keep leftover minnnows in a large aquarium. So if I dont fish for 2 weeks, and get asked for the minnow reciept, it will be hard for the GW to believe. So I called one. He asked me where I got the water to put in the tank, and I told him., City.. why dont the minnows die hes asked.. Start right or Prime water conditioner I answer..
HMMMMM .. then long pause.. HMMMMMMMM then another long pause..
Then he said, well just show the GW the reciept, but then he may have to follow you to the house to verify you actually have this large tank you speak of,...,
then I ask, well what if I just started fishing and arent ready to leave
?
HMMMM then long pause.. .
Then brilliance flashes him... he says well just have them call me, and I will tell them that you called me regarding this issue, and it will be a more believable story..

www.nekidtackle.com
Ask Ron about his crappie trolling rigs designed with input from top crappie fisherman!!

#11460917 - 03/07/16 11:10 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: leanin post]
Beltonbanger® Online   shocked
Extreme Angler

Loc: Temple,Tx,USA
Originally Posted By: leanin post
Here is a unique situation. I keep leftover minnnows in a large aquarium. So if I dont fish for 2 weeks, and get asked for the minnow reciept, it will be hard for the GW to believe. So I called one. He asked me where I got the water to put in the tank, and I told him., City.. why dont the minnows die hes asked.. Start right or Prime water conditioner I answer..
Then he said, well just show the GW the reciept, but then he may have to follow you to the house to verify you actually have this large tank you speak of,...,
?
Then brilliance flashes him... he says well just have them call me, and I will tell them that you called me regarding this issue, and it will be a more believable story..

there is a real easy out. They right you a citation and you take that whole argument to the judge. Now for the cost of the minnows from home, you deal with the citation, judge and your time dealing with it. Minnows are a lot cheaper!

#11460921 - 03/07/16 11:11 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Coppell Tx.
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

The store owner/operator is in violation if he/she does not provide a sales receipt clearly showing the bait purchased from their location.

It's all coming together and we have you covered @ Shut-Up-And-Fish LLC
for all your Humminbird, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs.
We install & educate as well!!! 972 737 8161

#11460960 - 03/07/16 11:20 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Huckleberry Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Lake Gaston, VA
maybe the bait store seined the minnows, maybe the hatchery seined the minnows ... where did the bait store get it's water from?...and the hatchery? Is the hatchery water ok to be transplanted into all the different lakes?

Is it ok to [censored] in the lake?

#11461040 - 03/07/16 11:47 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Ranger-188-2007 Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Nacogdoches Tx. USA
Has to do with this zebra mussel nonsense!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/365bb712f56bc9c214b076b68/images/151584f3190d220.JPG

#11461073 - 03/07/16 11:56 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Jig Man Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Over here...
Sounds like legalized extortion to me... It might slow it down from one river drainage to another. But stop the spread down stream?

#11461083 - 03/07/16 11:58 AM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: Beltonbanger®]
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
Originally Posted By: leanin post
?

there is a real easy out. They right you a citation and you take that whole argument to the judge. Now for the cost of the minnows from home, you deal with the citation, judge and your time dealing with it. Minnows are a lot cheaper!

12 bucks for 3 dozen is not really cheap to me.. Also GW will win in court every time.
There are not enough of them to start with, and a judge isnt going to tie him up in court long., I dont want to tie him up either, just want a straight answer.
The problem I have is I couldnt really get a straight answer out of the GW.

www.nekidtackle.com
Ask Ron about his crappie trolling rigs designed with input from top crappie fisherman!!

#11461120 - 03/07/16 12:09 PM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity

3 minnows = 1 dollar. 33.33333333333333333333333333333333 each.
If that is cheap, I must have retired too soon. hmmm

www.nekidtackle.com

#11461170 - 03/07/16 12:28 PM Re: Has anyone been checked for a receipt for minnows? [Re: BrazosRiverTom]
Beltonbanger® Online   shocked
Extreme Angler

Loc: Temple,Tx,USA
Minnows and a receipt is a LOT cheaper than a ticket, judge and a day to deal with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide