Heres how it goes Nowadays: #11457682 03/05/16 06:56 PM
H
hung-up101 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
H
Heres how it goes Nowadays:

You and your buddy decide to go fishing. Got your minners and hit the lake. You spot this Guy all tied up Jig fishing and catching lots of crappie, hummm.

So you ease over to take a peak. Hes catching some whoppers, Soo, You think maybe youll drop your minners and see if you can catch some. Nope not a bite.

Well you think, lets move a little closer and drop another minner cause hes still catching big ole Crappie. So as you move a little closer, dang hang up. So while trying to get you hook loose you pull up half the natural brush, but by golly you saved that minner and hook. This doesnt seemed to be working so lets just move closer until were within casting distance of this guys Spot.

While you trying to figure out what he is jigging with you get hung up again and pull up some more brush, but dont bother to ask the Guy if he minds you fishing within 10 ft or arms reach of his boat.

You also dont bother to look at the utter disgust on the Jig fishermans face because he hasnt said anything about your fishing etiquette and complete disregard for his privacy and invading his space.

So you keep on fishing with your minners, hanging up for the next couple of hours and havent boated a single fish hoping that soon this guy will have had enough and leave.

So This Guy did, only after my limit.

Come on guys, Show some respect and keep your distance unless youre invited to move closer or at least ask if someone minds.

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11457898 03/05/16 10:40 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Chunk an anchor and splash em.

They'll get the hint.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11457991 03/05/16 11:58 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Myself as well as half the population of Texas was up a certain river yesterday. On the way back to the lake we slowed to a crawl as two boats were tired up under a bridge jigging. I noticed another boat hauling butt up behind us that I don't think would have slowed if we weren't in the way. We pass under the bridge and the two boats that were tied up and this trailing boat seems to be trying to get into the boat with us. I don't think that boat enjoyed my rooster tail. jack

There was another guy that was spider rigging in said river while we were in a little cove running some jugs. Lots of boats going up and down the river. Most boats slowed to pass the spider rigging duo but one ugly skeeter with green power poles didn't even think about it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458089 03/06/16 12:57 AM
B
bullcrappie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
If you spend much time on the water on the highway the mall or even working retail or anywhere else for that matter you'll find people with no clue or courtesy, i just smile n think when they mess up the fishing by anchoring in or running thru a school of fish on the surface it just leaves more out there for my next fishung trip outing

Last edited by bullcrappie; 03/06/16 12:58 AM.

..The Original old style Side imaging sonar..
With 360* degree side scanning.
[Linked Image]
"
Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458169 03/06/16 01:38 AM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
It take allot of patience to fish especially in the Spring. Everybody wants to catch a fish and have "some level of knowledge" on how to do that...lol.

Also, Ski boats and Wake boats were even out in force today.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458368 03/06/16 03:36 AM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: hung-up101

You and your buddy decide to go fishing. Got your minners and hit the lake. You spot this Guy all tied up Jig fishing and catching lots of crappie, hummm.

So you ease over to take a peak. Hes catching some whoppers, Soo, You think maybe youll drop your minners and see if you can catch some. Nope not a bite.

Well you think, lets move a little closer and drop another minner cause hes still catching big ole Crappie. So as you move a little closer, dang hang up. So while trying to get you hook loose you pull up half the natural brush, but by golly you saved that minner and hook. This doesnt seemed to be working so lets just move closer until were within casting distance of this guys Spot.

While you trying to figure out what he is jigging with you get hung up again and pull up some more brush, but dont bother to ask the Guy if he minds you fishing within 10 ft or arms reach of his boat.

You also dont bother to look at the utter disgust on the Jig fishermans face because he hasnt said anything about your fishing etiquette and complete disregard for his privacy and invading his space.

So you keep on fishing with your minners, hanging up for the next couple of hours and havent boated a single fish hoping that soon this guy will have had enough and leave.

Come on guys, Show some respect and keep your distance unless youre invited to move closer or at least ask if someone minds.

Welcome to Lake Fork
And let's not forget the old fella that seems to think the launching Dock at 515 West is his private catfish fishing dock. The 1st time I used this ramp in my new boat, I pulled on the south side just as he reeled in to rebait his hook. I secured my boat and backed the trailer in. What I didn't notice is that he cast out right behind me!
Yup, that's right, I spent 20 minutes standing on the bracket of my power pole, cutting and pulling line out of my prop!!!
He has been there every evening that I've used that ramp since with lines out on both sides so that nobody can use the dock
I'll be paying a little visit to the SRA office on Monday to discuss this issue realmad

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458387 03/06/16 03:47 AM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Sounds like a great ramp to knock the mud off my boat paddle on!!! thumb

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458472 03/06/16 04:49 AM
T
taff68 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
had a guy last year literally park on top of my cork while fishing on a brush pile with his jon boat ( close enough i could have climed in the boat with him) . he told me if i didnt want that to happen then its my fault cause i cant afford a boat. my trolling motor on my stratos is worth more than his truck but that gives him a right to park on top of me..... hard to keep cool with morons like that out there.

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: tboxfish] #11458480 03/06/16 04:55 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Welcome to Lake Fork
And let's not forget the old fella that seems to think the launching Dock at 515 West is his private catfish fishing dock. The 1st time I used this ramp in my new boat, I pulled on the south side just as he reeled in to rebait his hook. I secured my boat and backed the trailer in. What I didn't notice is that he cast out right behind me!
Yup, that's right, I spent 20 minutes standing on the bracket of my power pole, cutting and pulling line out of my prop!!!
He has been there every evening that I've used that ramp since with lines out on both sides so that nobody can use the dock
I'll be paying a little visit to the SRA office on Monday to discuss this issue realmad

AWW Heck TBox, he is just jealous of that COOL new boat...you should ask him if he wants to go fish with you!

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458561 03/06/16 08:04 AM
A
ARKMAY Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Fishing public holes with the public! ...Is what it is......

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: ARKMAY] #11458566 03/06/16 08:59 AM
G
guntz67 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
I have had 2 of these pull up on me so far this year , I asked them if they wanted to fish in my livewell they got the hint and moved out a little . it may be because I am 6 foot 6 and 330 lbs IDK but come on guys have a little respect Just my 2 cents

Just pitch and Grind you never know when you are going to get LUCKY !!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: tboxfish] #11458665 03/06/16 01:15 PM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Welcome to Lake Fork

Someone needs to calmly explain to him that it is not a fishing dock.

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11458825 03/06/16 03:09 PM
H
Hickory Nut Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Bull crappie's saying at the bottom of his post about the original side scan device hit home yesterday. I was on a spot where I have put out some pvc and brush when I noticed a bass tracker idleing along real slow. I looked up and he didn't seem bothered that I just stopped fishing and stared at him as he watched me through binoculars.

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11459709 03/07/16 01:05 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
All I can say is wow! Its going to get to the point where we will need tags to fish crappie lmao! Just give a guy on a pile some room and courtesy.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Heres how it goes Nowadays: [Re: hung-up101] #11459717 03/07/16 01:10 AM
H
have_rod_reel_travel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
So what was the problem? Him in your space or him fishing with the devil minnow? Hard to tell.... roflmao

Fishing from the bank is no better, I had a guy walk up and cast right next to my line..

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide