So, would it be considered bad to dispose of the fish leftovers in a small creek?

My situation: I don't keep any fish unless I catch a bunch, like at least 8 or 10. Enough to fillet and make dinner for the family. I prefer the way it tastes fresh, so we usually eat them the same day and I clean them at home on newspaper. After I'm done, I wrap the newspaper up and carry it out back, unroll it on the bank and toss the carcasses in the middle 1 by 1 to make sure they stay in the water. I take the newspaper and dispose of that in my dumpsters out back.

I don't see a downside to me disposing of small amounts of fish this way. I can see benefit from it by feeding other small fish and turtles that are in the creek by my place, but I I know there are no big fish in there. And the water has pretty constant small flow, I wouldn't do it if it was stagnant.

There is tons of other wildlife as well by this creek because it adjoins onto 18 miles of woods. I've had everything from snakes, possums, raccoons, armadillo, squirrels, eagles and owls in my back yard - so I know they are in the woods as well and could scout out the disposed carcasses and have many times before.

I don't see a downside to it, but I'm not a biologist or anything to know if there are any possible bad effects of it? I could see if it was a massive amount dumped there and sat to fester, but that's not the case. So is this okay or is it still bad?

If it is actually causing some harm unknown to me, I could just dispose of them in the dumpster with the newspaper. But I figure it's actually doing some good.

Last edited by MrNovice; 03/07/16 06:25 PM.

Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright