Forums59
Topics1,039,221
Posts13,961,163
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11460004 03/07/16 03:03 AM
P
Pine Mills Tracker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
They make the US Open course in golf as tough as possible for the pros to see how they can perform in the toughest conditions. Most of the golfers complain about the course conditions except the leaders because they made the proper adjustments. Moving the Bass Master classic from summer to late winter makes the conditions more difficult along with unpredictable weather conditions. I enjoyed watching the pros struggle and try to figure it out. I will admit that it sounds a little more like NASCAR every year but I still enjoy it. I just love bass fishing.

3wt & 4wt TFO
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Kyle405] #11461032 03/07/16 05:44 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Kyle405
I will say the Classic has the worst production crew-ideas for a major bass tournament if you are watching at home. Majority of the time is spent talking and pushing Berkeley baits down our throats.

I'm a big fan of MLF because they show numerous Anglers and what they catch. It's also well produced and entertaining. I know guys that watch MLF and have maybe fished for bassa few times in their life

I think it was Shaw Grigsby who said that if they could get the classic and other major events produced and engineered like other major sporting events the sport would grow and Anglers would make better money so they wouldn't have to push Berkeley or strike King down our throats.

It's 2016 BASS. It's time to start producing televised\casted events like they should be.

I couldn't disagree more. MLF is a production that happens in a more controlled environment and isn't live. It's a smaller field covered in segments and then edited/produced for months before you see the final product. The Bassmaster live events unfold in real time on the water with a larger field and a much bigger body of water. There's no one in our space doing a better job of live coverage than Bassmaster right now.

And FYI, BASS, FLW and MLF are all pushing the products and services of their sponsors/partners just like the rest of the major sports and just like you would if you owned those "for profit" businesses. I'll never understand why anglers are so put off by companies wanting to market to them and wanting their business. The very companies that support our space with events, conservation, charity activities etc. Does anyone here go online after the SuperBowl and complain about companies marketing to them while they're watching the game?

2cents

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461105 03/07/16 06:06 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Ltcm09
I love bass fishing but after watching the classic and guys are only catching 4-5 fish a day I don't understand why it's so popular compared to sand bass and striper. For one bass lures and equipment are ridiculously expensive from 6-15$ lures to 50-800$ rods and reels. But back to my original point I can limit out on sand bass and striper in a couple hours whereas bass I might get 4 on a good day.

I feel like bass fishing is becoming so over pressured these bass are so used to seeing these same lures everyday there not feeding.

4 bass from fishing all day is a joke on a professional level

90% of the classic was them talking and Comercial just to sell you stuff that you don't need. Plus the dam video wouldn't work half the time!

I don't even think Kevin Van Dam caught a fish

"It's supposed to be hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. They hard....is what makes it great."

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: buton] #11461113 03/07/16 06:08 PM
N
NjTexan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: buton
I know what you mean.

But is still fun to watch

Yup.

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461269 03/07/16 06:54 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ltcm09
I love bass fishing but after watching the classic and guys are only catching 4-5 fish a day I don't understand why it's so popular compared to sand bass and striper. For one bass lures and equipment are ridiculously expensive from 6-15$ lures to 50-800$ rods and reels. But back to my original point I can limit out on sand bass and striper in a couple hours whereas bass I might get 4 on a good day.

I feel like bass fishing is becoming so over pressured these bass are so used to seeing these same lures everyday there not feeding.

4 bass from fishing all day is a joke on a professional level

I agree.
Several years ago I quit fishing for bass and switched to hybrids and sandies. I liked the fact that the lures and equipment was so much simpler. At that time, I would encounter few other fishermen on the same spots, so when the bite was on we would weigh-lay them. It's nothing to catch 50 to 100 a day with some major fatties and a few 7 to 10 lb. hybrids thrown in. You have to cover a lot of water some days but sooner or later you can find schools that are active.

The problem for me turned out to be fuel cost and big crowded lakes. Typically, the lakes that produce the best also host many other boats and jet skis. So I got tired of fishing on a crowded lake and burning a tank of gas every time out. Gas was a lot higher then.

I went back to bass fishing on smaller lakes or during the week, when most folks are at work.
There's also something special about pitching a jig next to a stump and feeling that thunk.
Or rolling a spinnerbait through duckweed and suddenly the blade stops and the rod loads up.

I like it all but right now I'm yanking on the largemouth.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461331 03/07/16 07:19 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Several have already said it; if it were easy, it would be boring.

Some of the best athletes on the planet, playing on teams full of incredible athletes in the NFL play 60 minutes to 7-3, 10-7, 14-6 games sometimes.

Scott Jones
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461362 03/07/16 07:31 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Complaining about the video,live coverage makes me lol.
While ,apparently, a bunch of you were watching it live - I was "live" out on the water actually catching fish.
To each his own..

Last edited by Txduckhunter; 03/07/16 07:31 PM.
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Txduckhunter] #11461599 03/07/16 09:08 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Complaining about the video, live coverage makes me lol.
While, apparently, a bunch of you were watching it live - I was "live" out on the water actually catching fish.
To each his own..

Now here is a guy that has his priorities in order...

thumb

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: JIM SR.] #11461629 03/07/16 09:25 PM
GoArmy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
LTCM09,
I like your post, and understand what you are saying. Any professional sport can have its tuff days and or tournaments. The answers on here come from how each one feels about bass fishing.
My wife and I (at 50) decided we would take up bass fishing ten years ago. I bought an RV and a Bass boat, and have a beautiful place at Lake Fork that we both love. We have had 80 fish days with a guide, and also gone all weekend without a bite. But I can't wait to get back. We also decided the last couple of years that there are more than just bass in lake fork..we're learning Crappie fishing, and sand bass fishing.
It's all perspective, I'm fishing strictly for recreation and enjoyment..some guys fish as a passion, and love and appreciate the competition, and I respect each and everyone. Try watching Major League Fishing, that's fun to watch the pros,..and a little less commercials. I don't like the screaming and yelling when the catch a fish either,...but thats just the sports stick that all sports think is necessary to get their name on TV...
that part sucks,....jesus had nothing to do with them catching a 2 pound bass..

lol_2 fish

And YOU know that because....Aside from that giving praise for anything is not against any rule I ever heard of.

Proud Father, Sons Served their country [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]RHBC
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461651 03/07/16 09:34 PM
JCHANDLER Offline
Angler
Angler
Please don't spoil my day with reality! bang

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11461923 03/07/16 11:38 PM
D
DedShort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I think i would rather watch a tough tournament that a slug fest. Seeing how the pros adapt to adverse conditions can be beneficial. I do get tired of seeing guys freak out over 3# fish, but I guess that can either be chalked up to showmanship or the heightened competition that goes with big money tournaments.

Last edited by DedShort; 03/07/16 11:38 PM.

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11462028 03/08/16 12:27 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Their is a reason some people like baseball and others like basketball. The one seams to be slow pace and the other is usually a lot of running. I think their is a lot of people who like the pure competition of the sport they love, and they truly understand the great feat in winning at a certain level of competition. I don't think anyone that as bass fished for more then ten minutes doesn't understand how hard it is to just get to the Bass Master Classic much less actually win it. Bass fishing at this level is a lot like trying to kill [ on public land ] a true trophy animal say like a 200 plus mule deer or a 200 plus Whitetail, or a 400 class Elk. The true challenge is in the hunt as much as the catch/kill. The people that fish at this level or truly can get the trophy animal are people at a different level then most of us weekenders. I would say if we could fish like theses guys the guides on most lakes would be out of business. LOL

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: JIM SR.] #11462088 03/08/16 12:54 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
LTCM09,
I like your post, and understand what you are saying. Any professional sport can have its tuff days and or tournaments. The answers on here come from how each one feels about bass fishing.
My wife and I (at 50) decided we would take up bass fishing ten years ago. I bought an RV and a Bass boat, and have a beautiful place at Lake Fork that we both love. We have had 80 fish days with a guide, and also gone all weekend without a bite. But I can't wait to get back. We also decided the last couple of years that there are more than just bass in lake fork..we're learning Crappie fishing, and sand bass fishing.
It's all perspective, I'm fishing strictly for recreation and enjoyment..some guys fish as a passion, and love and appreciate the competition, and I respect each and everyone. Try watching Major League Fishing, that's fun to watch the pros,..and a little less commercials. I don't like the screaming and yelling when the catch a fish either,...but thats just the sports stick that all sports think is necessary to get their name on TV...

lol_2 fish

EXCUSE ME...Jesus had everything to do with them catching fish,,we (all of us) can do nothing on our own without Him.
If you think differently, you are just arrogant and self centered.

Last edited by ezbassin; 03/08/16 12:54 AM.
Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: ezbassin] #11462138 03/08/16 01:18 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
LTCM09,

lol_2 fish

EXCUSE ME...Jesus had everything to do with them catching fish,,we (all of us) can do nothing on our own without Him.
If you think differently, you are just arrogant and self centered.

Well said ^^^^^

Re: My opinion on bass fishing and the classic.... [Re: Ltcm09] #11462362 03/08/16 02:32 AM
P
pro dirt raker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I fish every weekend and have no interest in watching other people fish on TV. If they were fishing with boats, trucks, rods, reels and lures they bought with their own money then it might be more interesting. Otherwise its like watching a big commercial. I watch football and basketball, because I cant do either of those things. I can fish, and usually don't say things like "shes a big one" every time I hook a 2.5 lb fish.... To each their own I guess.

Last edited by pro dirt raker; 03/08/16 02:35 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide