Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,813
Posts13,934,971
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan #11453038 03/03/16 04:03 AM
R
RipX21 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
Was just reading Tackle Tour's testing of this rod, and this is an amazing rod in this day & time. Not good, but amazing that a company would build and put up for sale a 7' 3" rod which weighs 8.3 ounces.

Can you imagine casting this thing all day, would make you some huge arm muscles.

Why would anyone pay over $600 for this rod when they can buy aniother which weighs half as much and costs hundreds less.

There seems to be a thing about Japanese tackle which fishermen will pay a much higher price for it. $20 crankbaitsz, $600 rods, how did Japan get this edge in pricing fishing tackle. Have you noticed since the Japanese products have gotten so popular, the American lure companies have been increasing their prices.

Last edited by RipX21; 03/03/16 04:07 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11453065 03/03/16 04:34 AM
A
aneil Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Only person I know of who swears by this rod is Brett Hite for chatterbaits. With the amount of money he has won on chatterbaits I believe him when he says it is the perfect rod for it. Now is the time to snag one from Japan with the dollar being so strong compared to the yen. If you can find one in stock...

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11453088 03/03/16 05:07 AM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
The Japanese are known to sell equipment at crazy high prices and the Japanese bass fishermen seem to have no problem paying for it, I'm sure some here in the states buy it too. But I wouldn't automatically make the connection between high price and quality tho, its not always there. I looked at some of the japan versions of Shimano and Daiwa casting reels at a fishing expo last year that started at around $400 and went up to $650 and I wasn't really impressed, rods were the same deal and ran even higher. I feel like on the whole we get the same amount of quality at a much better price point here in the good old USA without having to go to a Japanese supplier and pay inflated prices.

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: fitter2259] #11453344 03/03/16 01:45 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: fitter2259
The Japanese are known to sell equipment at crazy high prices and the Japanese bass fishermen seem to have no problem paying for it, I'm sure some here in the states buy it too. But I wouldn't automatically make the connection between high price and quality tho, its not always there. I looked at some of the japan versions of Shimano and Daiwa casting reels at a fishing expo last year that started at around $400 and went up to $650 and I wasn't really impressed, rods were the same deal and ran even higher. I feel like on the whole we get the same amount of quality at a much better price point here in the good old USA without having to go to a Japanese supplier and pay inflated prices.

Japanese are good about out sourcing there production plants to places like in Bangladesh or Philippines and sell it at a crazy high price in their country or around the world.

It's called marketing to put a high price on a product so a person perceives a better grade of product.

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11453362 03/03/16 01:54 PM
K
Kidde Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
American companies do it because they see people willing to pay idiotic prices for stuff like that. When it comes down to it and you take a $350 Loomis rod and fish with it and also finish with a $100 falcon rod, is that Loomis rod really $250 better? Is this $600 Japanese rod really $250 better than the most expensive Loomis rod?

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11455757 03/04/16 02:38 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
If an extra oounce or two on a moving bait rod wears you out then a little gym time might be a good option....lol

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: Mark Perry] #11455834 03/04/16 03:11 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
If an extra oounce or two on a moving bait rod wears you out then a little gym time might be a good option....lol

Exactly.............

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11455953 03/04/16 04:20 PM
B
basfisher2 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
That has always killed me when guys complain about a rod that weighs 7oz and a reel that weighs 8oz. How are you guys picking up the fish you catch if less then 1lb is "too much" to fish with???!!!!

Not putting anyone down, but I think some gym time is needed for over 75% of the guys I see at blast off!!!!

I can fish 10 hours strait with a flipping stick on Toledo in 100 degree weather, and feel fine the next day.My $0.02

[Linked Image]
"Thanks dad for always having time to take me fishing"

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11456292 03/04/16 07:33 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Read the review. Seems like it's kinda a piece of [censored] to me. Lol. Heavy, no sensitivity, ugly, cork with lots of filler, and a two piece at that short length????? roflmao what are they thinking. But, hey, if it is made...someone's buying em. At least Megabass and MajorCraft "get it". They have rods that are well within reason price wise for really good quality.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: fitter2259] #11456347 03/04/16 08:05 PM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: fitter2259

Maybe the reason you weren't impressed was because you are not the intended audience. I would gladly pick a JDM Daiwa or Shimano reel over any stateside offering. That's why i prefer a Shimano or Daiwa than any other reel out there because they are still built on almost the same foundations of JDM....Yeah, they are expensive, but that just means I better start saving my pennies in a quicker fashion. We all crave quality in our rods and reels and I believe the only companies offering that right now are the Japanese based manufacturers ( and a couple of the higher end USA rod companies). I believe it has alot to do with the overall passion they have for fishing and building truly cutting edge products. Unfortunately, we are no longer a manufacturing industry so we've given that up to other countries. Regardless, It is one of the reasons we made a play to pick up MajorCraft and start going after the Japanese companies due to the quality standards. Even though they are just now stateside they are staying true to their japanese build and actions unlike others. The folks over there are catching 5+# bass on ML rods and light reels all day(cough cough finesse masters). While some of us struggle to pick up anything less than a MH rod. We've got customers migrating from other rod companies to MajorCraft and Daiwa due to the fact that the quality/form/function is better than fashion. I would gladly put a MegaBass/MajorCraft/Daiwa rod up against any (insert whatever rod you use) at any time. This is my experience from a fisherman/dealer perspective. I'm not parting shots at anyone I just think that if folks can afford it get it. No need to knock the price of something or the person buying it if they have the means.

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11457039 03/05/16 03:19 AM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Carlos I'm not a dealer or a sponsorship recipient of any of the manufacturers you mention and as such have no dog in the fight, my unsolicited opinion comes from a user/consumer perspective only. My intension was not to knock anyone choosing to spend their money on whatever they choose but only to point out that the price point of some Japanese equipment does not justify the overall result and benefit received on the performance curve. Had I wanted to knock the Japanese for a product or marketing strategy I could have done so easily, there is plenty of justification and fodder out there to work with. If in your opinion a Japanese version Daiwa @ $650 outperforms a top of the line Lews (as an example) by $400 a pop then that's your opinion as well, only sales comparisons of other top of the line bait casters would tell just how popular that opinion is.

You bring up an interesting point in this discussion in regard to the target audience and just who might that be for a $650 bait caster. Thousands of fishermen in America gladly spend the extra money required to own the best the industry has to offer in TM's, boats, motors, electronics, baits and yes rod's & reels too. So why aren't these $650 Japanese versions on display in retailers here? Wouldn't the target audience for a superior reel be the same people who spend lavishly on the finest equipment the industry has to offer? I'm interested on your opinion as to why it would be that this equipment is not readily available here. I would think the determining factor on a target audience for exclusive equipment in this industry would be 1) The largest market in the world for fresh water bait casting reels and 2) How green their money is, but maybe not. I suspect the actual reason goes a little deeper than that.

Last edited by fitter2259; 03/05/16 07:58 AM.

Re: Evergreen Rod Heracles Fiberglass/Graphite Rod From Japan [Re: RipX21] #11458738 03/06/16 02:12 PM
R
RiveraTackleCo. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Here's my overall point...It's all a matter of opinion. Those who spend the $650.00 don't see it as spending $650.00...They see more value in the product than the dollar amount. At the end, post like these are useless and end up in the "my opinion is better than yours" category. You answered your own question..."Thousands of Americans gladly spend the extra money required to own the "best"...But you forgot to add one caveat..."best in their eyes" ...What is best to me might not be best for you..in this case this is true. Read the original post and you will see that the foundation of the argument was based on weight and price forgetting that what I consider to be a deal one could consider it as outright robbery! Go figure. Thanks and God Bless!

uno uno seis
www.riveratackle.com
[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide