Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sickle hooks #11415311 02/15/16 05:26 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
I must say after hooking into that estimated 5lb bucket mouth this w-end not that I was fishn for bass but I'm very pleased with the black nickel sickle hooks I purchased from nekidtackle, I only give props where they are due & have been in search of a good sickle that holds it's form & have found it with his hooks....
I didn't get into the pound & aahhh halfers that I usually get into but did flip several pound crappie in the boat without any problems.....
These jigs hold powder paint a lot better than the jigs I've been purchasing for some reason, dint have any paint chip on the heads although I dint hit any concrete with them yet...
Great jigs...he's a member here if'n you so happen to want to get some....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11434453 02/24/16 01:08 AM
M
moonriver Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
thumb

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11434598 02/24/16 02:02 AM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Ron produces some quality products for sure!

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11450331 03/02/16 01:01 AM
J
Jig Man Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
J
Black Nickle is my favorite also... And, do you cure your jigs after powder painting? It helps with the chipping.

Life is Good..<><

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: Jig Man] #11450538 03/02/16 02:31 AM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Jig Man
Black Nickle is my favorite also... And, do you cure your jigs after powder painting? It helps with the chipping.

Yes JM I use a toaster oven to bake them 250 for 15 minutes....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11451824 03/02/16 06:53 PM
S
Skip_48 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I cure mine in a toaster oven that I found out where I needed to set it so the temps would be between 1392 and 400 degrees and I do them for 15 minutes, I also don't count the time it take this oven to get to temp either as that is an additional 2 min if you put them in cold like I do.

These temps is also what CSI (Pro Tec) recommends for most of the color they sell. I think the only color I do at less temp is Pearl White and it's way different!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
colors of Marabou plus other things![/color]

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11452443 03/02/16 11:45 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: SK.
I must say after hooking into that estimated 5lb bucket mouth this w-end not that I was fishn for bass but I'm very pleased with the black nickel sickle hooks I purchased from nekidtackle, I only give props where they are due & have been in search of a good sickle that holds it's form & have found it with his hooks....
I didn't get into the pound & aahhh halfers that I usually get into but did flip several pound crappie in the boat without any problems.....
These jigs hold powder paint a lot better than the jigs I've been purchasing for some reason, dint have any paint chip on the heads although I dint hit any concrete with them yet...
Great jigs...he's a member here if'n you so happen to want to get some....

Thanks!
Yes i am very pleased with the black nickle Jig hooks I receive from my supplier.
I am amazed at the strength vs the Bronze hooks.
Again Thanks!
Ron

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Why play with the rest when you can fish with the Best... RonRig !!
Re: Sickle hooks [Re: Skip_48] #11452644 03/03/16 01:19 AM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Skip_48
I cure mine in a toaster oven that I found out where I needed to set it so the temps would be between 1392 and 400 degrees and I do them for 15 minutes, I also don't count the time it take this oven to get to temp either as that is an additional 2 min if you put them in cold like I do.

These temps is also what CSI (Pro Tec) recommends for most of the color they sell. I think the only color I do at less temp is Pearl White and it's way different!

Skip

Thanks Skip........ I'll boost my temp up....

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11453270 03/03/16 01:05 PM
J
Jig Man Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
J
Yep, I cure most everything at 350 for 30 minutes... Usually loose them before the paint chips. Still haven't tried the lil nasties yet, but maybe someday!

Life is Good..<><

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: Jig Man] #11453382 03/03/16 02:00 PM
AggieKenny Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Jig Man
Yep, I cure most everything at 350 for 30 minutes... Usually loose them before the paint chips. Still haven't tried the lil nasties yet, but maybe someday!

The lil nasties are okay, they are not as sharp as Matzuo though.

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11453861 03/03/16 04:32 PM
S
Skip_48 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Hey guys on the temps let me give you some more info. First let me say I put a thermometer in the toaster oven to find out where I had to set it to reach these temps so I had sort of an accurate temp. Next know this, the longer you heat cure the darker the paint will get so the long times may hurt your color and more so on some than others. Also let me tell you this, if you like Flame Red as I do you have to do this one right or the color will turn to crud!!! This paint should come out bright and slightly to the Orange side, but not as Orange as Blaze Orange.

Here is a post I made at another board and let me say I used CSI's info to post these. I also found for me the note at the bottom was not good enough for me. The 10 minutes for me was not enough! I still go be their previous info which has changed 3 or more time since I started using their paint! SO I went back to before when I did the 15 minute thing. You also need to realize their times and temps are based on the lead temp in the oven and why I add 2 minutes to allow the heat up so I use 17 minutes on all mine except for the Pearl White and that is 15 minutes at 325 degrees!

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-tying-lure-making-forum/56350-csi-cure-temps-time/

Hope this helps,

Skip

PS your right AggieKenny! them Nasties are not as sharp, but I also had a whisper that maybe another company will come out with a Sickle style hook and just use another name.

Last edited by Skip_48; 03/03/16 04:34 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
colors of Marabou plus other things![/color]

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: SK.] #11454379 03/03/16 08:16 PM
H
have_rod_reel_travel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I like the bronze, I want my hook to bend so I can get my jig back... When I was using black nickel sickles I had way too many hand tied jigs bodies with no hook...

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: have_rod_reel_travel] #11455414 03/04/16 05:20 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: have_rod_reel_travel
I like the bronze, I want my hook to bend so I can get my jig back... When I was using black nickel sickles I had way too many hand tied jigs bodies with no hook...

Been there done that...loving bronze sickles...

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: have_rod_reel_travel] #11455762 03/04/16 02:41 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: have_rod_reel_travel

For me they love too straighten out on hook sets also which is no bueno....
I hate using a net unless absolutely necessary & I can't count how many fish I've gotten to the top & loose it due to that hook...I was right at not using sickle hooks anymore.....

Re: Sickle hooks [Re: Skip_48] #11455776 03/04/16 02:47 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Skip_48
Hey guys on the temps let me give you some more info. First let me say I put a thermometer in the toaster oven to find out where I had to set it to reach these temps so I had sort of an accurate temp. Next know this, the longer you heat cure the darker the paint will get so the long times may hurt your color and more so on some than others. Also let me tell you this, if you like Flame Red as I do you have to do this one right or the color will turn to crud!!! This paint should come out bright and slightly to the Orange side, but not as Orange as Blaze Orange.

Here is a post I made at another board and let me say I used CSI's info to post these. I also found for me the note at the bottom was not good enough for me. The 10 minutes for me was not enough! I still go be their previous info which has changed 3 or more time since I started using their paint! SO I went back to before when I did the 15 minute thing. You also need to realize their times and temps are based on the lead temp in the oven and why I add 2 minutes to allow the heat up so I use 17 minutes on all mine except for the Pearl White and that is 15 minutes at 325 degrees!

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-tying-lure-making-forum/56350-csi-cure-temps-time/

Hope this helps,

Skip

PS your right AggieKenny! them Nasties are not as sharp, but I also had a whisper that maybe another company will come out with a Sickle style hook and just use another name.

Thanks for that info Skip....
Will these times & temp work if the colors have been clear coated?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide