Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: robertd2119] #11448834 03/01/16 02:12 PM
M
musiclife_7 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: robertd2119
T-Bird. The results are posted, just looked at them on the web sight.
music-life. Thee were 80 team.
music-life. You cant have more participants because there are only 28 federation affiliated teams and only the top 6 participate. 28x6=168. There were 160.
BMC. Yes they are volunteers and we need a hell of a lot more like them. The tournament was run extremely well and these "volunteers" put on a hell of a show and busted their butts.

So, the next time you don't have anything better to do than to get on TFF and speak of something, obviously not having a clue; get your facts correct or go out and volunteer for something to help in a sport I'm sure ya'll enjoy. And if you ever participate in a tournament of this caliber, shake a "volunteers" hand and thank him.
God bless

Yes 26-28 teams, whatever. Not 60 teams. The format is stupid to begin with. Our club didn't attend this year due to several factors including distance and availability. If you can't field 6 spots on your team you are almost guaranteed to lose. The format uses all 6 angler weights for your team total. Sure there is an individual aspect but the team part is truly what it's all about for the club guys. Bragging rights and such. I was one of the couple anglers that was ready to go to Amistad to represent our club but we couldn't get enough guys to go. Therefore it's just not worth attending.

Side note, BASS is making it harder on themselves. FLW is growing and will soon overtake BASS if BASS doesn't make real changes.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: Curtbass] #11448846 03/01/16 02:16 PM
M
musiclife_7 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Bahahaha.... I don't care what lake is chosen. I was there, it was tough, but I enjoyed every minute of it. HUGE Thank You to every volunteer. It was a very well ran tournament!!! Don't seem to be any whining going on when lakes are in eastern half of the state. Put it in western half of state & listen to the crying & moaning. Geez... Stay home if ya can't fish anywhere. It's NOT about the payout at this one. It's the working mans shot at the Classic, as posted earlier.
The website format was being updated to break out the individual standings. It got done & IF you would have read the ENTIRE first day results you WOULD have seen the issue was being worked on. It's where I read it.
Once again Huge Thanks to ALL the volunteers that made it work smoothly.

I don't think it has anything to do with fishing a non East texas lake. It's more about the distance of travel. Unfortunately Amistad is 9-10 hours away. That's a long distance if you can't field a full team and have a shot to win. From what I'm told it's always a fun event and it's well ran.

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: robertd2119] #11448973 03/01/16 03:13 PM
T Bird Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: robertd2119
T-Bird. The results are posted, just looked at them on the web sight.
music-life. Thee were 80 team.
music-life. You cant have more participants because there are only 28 federation affiliated teams and only the top 6 participate. 28x6=168. There were 160.
BMC. Yes they are volunteers and we need a hell of a lot more like them. The tournament was run extremely well and these "volunteers" put on a hell of a show and busted their butts.

So, the next time you don't have anything better to do than to get on TFF and speak of something, obviously not having a clue; get your facts correct or go out and volunteer for something to help in a sport I'm sure ya'll enjoy. And if you ever participate in a tournament of this caliber, shake a "volunteers" hand and thank him.
God bless

Life member since 1977. Been their and done it in three states. Also know the perks available. Before you begin your holier than thou lecturing, I suggest you consider that you may be speaking to someone with a hell of a lot more experience than yourself. TBird Out!

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11449033 03/01/16 03:38 PM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Yeah maybe I missed someone's post that said it should be on a e. Texas lake, I am not knocking bass or anyone else, exspecially the volunteers that make these happen, I thank you for giving your time for any tournament including tournament directors, I don't see anything wrong with mixing different lakes in the mix across the state to give every member a chance to compete and move up and get more people involved to grow the sport, that is what this is about isn't it, growing the sport?
For someone to come out and start slinging mud and accusing people that they are afraid to fish a new lake and don't even know who they are talking too,cause someone suggested a different lake, shows immaturity, personal interest and selfishness! I just want to fish, help when I can,and have fun!

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11449088 03/01/16 04:01 PM
M
musiclife_7 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
For the record I'm all about rotating lakes so any one region doesn't have the leg up all the time. But lakes like Amistad, Falcon, Texoma, Toledo Bend and others are on the extreme outside edges of the state. A state championship should be held in a more central location if possible. If you are talking 80-90 boats...there are TONS of lakes that could hold that easily and produce just fine. Obviously the west texas guys will have the least to choose from and thus Amistad is a good choice but honestly that's more South, not west.

Hopefully next year will be better and this wont come up!

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11449159 03/01/16 04:31 PM
T
txmark1959 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Just my 2 cents

I was there....and yes the fishing was tough....but I had a blast.
The folks that organized and ran it, worked their tales off and their eagerness to help and deal with complaints and issues was more then outstanding. I respect their efforts and goals. The two men I shared a boat with great dudes and would fish with them again anytime.
The Del Rio area and that part of the state can get in your blood....the locals were friendly and I ate way more then I should have. I'm ready to go again!

Mark Cooper
Onalaska Texas
Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11450101 03/01/16 10:43 PM
David Rush Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Thank you to the volunteers that ran this event! I can tell you I appreciate your efforts and working through the changes and those that are coming. I also enjoy fishing Amistad good or bad.

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: musiclife_7] #11450113 03/01/16 10:53 PM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: musiclife_7
For the record I'm all about rotating lakes so any one region doesn't have the leg up all the time. But lakes like Amistad, Falcon, Texoma, Toledo Bend and others are on the extreme outside edges of the state. A state championship should be held in a more central location if possible. If you are talking 80-90 boats...there are TONS of lakes that could hold that easily and produce just fine. Obviously the west texas guys will have the least to choose from and thus Amistad is a good choice but honestly that's more South, not west.

Hopefully next year will be better and this wont come up!

I totally agree, something central would be great!

Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11453784 03/03/16 04:00 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
True that SteezMacQueen. roflmao

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Re: Texas Bass Nation [Re: T Bird] #11453832 03/03/16 04:20 PM
Curtbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'm also a Life Member since 78'. I may have misinterpreted some of the posts, but, with that being said I wasn't trying to project a holier than thou attitude. Sure, I would have loved to fish a more Central location, but being raised in West Texas before moving to Central Texas, it was a 9-10 he drive for us also. We gladly drive it without complaining. Just seemed to be more disgruntled opinions on lake choice this year. We actually loved going somewhere there were trees over 3' tall for the beautiful scenery LOL. Just saying it seems there was never any issues about it when the lakes chosen were within 100 miles east or west of IH35. My personal choice would have been Whitney. Im hoping maybe next year it'll be on Toledo Bend. May God Bless each & every one of you with safe trips & new PB's this year & once again huge Thank You's to the volunteers that make it work. fish

ELITE POWER SYSTEMS/ Elite Fishing Products
Lithium Battery & Charging Systems, Soft Plastics, Tackle,Tokyo Rigs
Tight lines & stay safe out there.Gods blessings
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide