Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Toledo Bend Tourney Report #11428531 02/21/16 05:10 PM
Jigit Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Me and my partner fished the TTT on Toledo yesterday and while we caught our fair share it wasn't what we were looking for. I wanted to share what we found and I am hoping others will follow suit. Lakes like Toledo Bend & Rayburn are so massive its hard to cover much water or put together much a pattern when your not really familiar with the lakes. Would be nice to get a little more info on what everyone else did. When I don't wack em I question when leaving an event... wonder what/where else we should have tried?

Started our day in Housen (Hurricane) we found some beds towards the back with some males on them during practice. Water temps in the afternoon were at 65 at the back of the creek. We cuaght 3 keepers slinging flukes and chatter baits. Looked like we were there a little before the big females had shown up. Saw several other boats next to us catching fish on C-rigs/traps/jerk baits but they all looked small. Worked a couple of points in Housen slinging A-rigs/C-rigs catching a couple of small ones. Mid day we moved to Indian mounds working some secondary points dragging ledges with C-rigs/jigs we caught several fish in the 2-3lb range filling out our limit. During practice we found them sallow and deep just nothing bigger than 4lbs. Caught fish on just about everything we threw just no concictency and not much on size.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Toledo Bend Tourney Report [Re: Jigit] #11430241 02/22/16 03:01 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Thanks for the report Jigit. Most people are pretty tight lipped right now with all the derby's but I don't see anything wrong with sharing at least general info. I probably wont be of much help but I'll share what I know. The fish are acting pretty weird this year and it seems they are just as confused as I am. I've been on the lake pretty regular for the last 3 weeks. I've fished mostly mid lake and have been on the water from 52 degrees to this weekend found water as warm as 65 degrees. I am seeing plenty bucks up shallow and the big girls for the most part are not far away staging. The crazy thing is two weeks ago I got on a bite bank shallow with a bunch of big females that you would have sworn were on beds and the water was 54 degrees. Now that the water has warmed they are gone lol. I have had most of my luck on the nicer fish throwing xcalibur one knockers red in 6 - 8' and then flipping flooded bushes with 1/2oz all terrain texas craw colored jig with spoeed craw trailer and also a toledo perch santone spinnerbait. You just gotta fish your strengths right now because the fish are literally everywhere and in between.

Re: Toledo Bend Tourney Report [Re: Jigit] #11430287 02/22/16 03:18 PM
J
Jimfishes Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Thanks for the report, I spoke with a serious fishing friend yesterday about Toledo and he said he will be there today fun fishing in the Housen area. He told me that he caught a bunch on the C/R in 12'-15' depths on the "Community Hole" which is located on the north side of Housen east of Hurricane creek towards the main lake(huge grass flat). Biggest he had was 4.5 lbs but caught 19 keepers on the C/R. He added that he has been fishing pretty regular this year and it changes week to week and day to day!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide