Page 1 of 2 1 2
POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. #11428339 02/21/16 02:45 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Several years back, I had studied my map of Belton and was trying a creek that I believe should hold crappie at one point or another during spawn.
On the way back to the creek I checked some deep timber and saw a few fish on it on sonar, and decided to try. So we fished it a bit and pulled one small fish off of it, which is a good indicator that elvis had left the building, the small fish are usually the last to leave the piles.
So working out way into the area of the creek, fishing piles along the way, we spot a small boat, anchored in a cove. There were 3 guys dresssed like duck commados, fishing slip corks and catching fish after fish after fish. Im thinking surely they must be on a school of small brood bass , as ive caught plenty there before. So we get a little closer and see that its crappie. Big, fat healthy crappie. I cant say how many they caught, but it seemed to go on and on.
So my partner, smittty say, hey man lets go over there, they dont own the lake, we can fish where we want. I told him I couldnt do it, and we would just wait until they left, to go see what they were fishing. So I moved to the next brushpile and was fishing and observing, the 3 amigos, just slaying the crappie.
I hear Smitty rustling around in his tackle bag, which he does often, he changes jigs ALOT and is very good at figuring out what they want. So I wanst paying much attention.
A little bit later, I feel the boat rock violently and look back and see smitty holding his rod high in the air, then I look ahead and there is a 5 inch, coneshaped , weighted saltwater cork flying thru the air. When it lands, it lands abt 3 feet in front of the boat, and splashed one of the guys..
I hear the guy make an inaudible statement, but it didnt sound too nice.. It kind of sounded like,,, WTF is your problem, are you F,,ing retarted. That deserves an arse whipping .,, ect, ect.., So comments get exchanged back and forth and I apologized to them, then we left, and came back later to see what they were fishing.
We set up and whacked them pretty good, but it was getting late, so we had to leave.
went back the next day and whacked em again.. never forget that day

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428350 02/21/16 02:51 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
stir

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428368 02/21/16 03:01 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Smitty has a lot to learn IMO....RESPECT!

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428408 02/21/16 03:32 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
leaning post, I agree with your position on the situation...I would have had to admonish ole Smitty on that act of poor judgement...if someone has found a hole I leave them to it; even if they are my boat buddy...I will only join in once it is offered by the fellow that found the hole....well, unless it is Tbox cause we have been known to sneak a drop on each others honey hole while fishing together, without asking or receiving permmission! LOL

I have, on occasion, had to ask a boat buddy to chill...no harm or ill will intended...for ettiquite sake.,,and of course I can potlick with the best of them...Yeeeeeeee

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428507 02/21/16 04:53 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
starting arguments with gamewardens, while in my boat doesnt get reinvite points either. ha

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428543 02/21/16 05:17 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
In my boat ol Smitty would have gotten a quick ride back to the dock.
100yds minimum and if I have to get by somebody it's at idle.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428546 02/21/16 05:20 PM
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Sounds like A Smitty could fit right in with the flounder crowds in Galveaton

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11428832 02/21/16 08:54 PM
Lucas Loafman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I actually remember that day. First weekend in March I believe. I was out with a friend seeing if they were shallow yet when leanin post texted about them seeing some fish caught not too far from where we were. We didn't make it in the general area until about an hour before sunset and the other boat had already left. The fish were actually pretty spread-out over some timber and we caught a few before dark and a bunch after. It's tough when you see people catching and you're not, but you've got to give them space. Ultimately, they catch their's leave and the spot was open.

Last edited by Lucas Loafman; 02/21/16 08:55 PM.
Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11429159 02/22/16 12:25 AM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
lets go check it out again.. we usually catch some fish , somehow, someway.. ha

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11429457 02/22/16 02:16 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Years back we went after the some white bass from the shore in a pretty "popular" place. When we arrived there were several people already there scattered about but not catching much. We started catching them pretty consistently. All of the sudden one of the guys that were already there is shoulder to shoulder with my friend on a tiny point.

I would have pushed the guy in. peep

[Linked Image]

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11429467 02/22/16 02:20 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: leanin post
starting arguments with gamewardens, while in my boat doesnt get reinvite points either. ha

LOL, I told a GW once...Would you PLEASE take this guy with you...he is no longer welcome in my Boat!...The GW and my Boat Buddy looked Dumbfounded for a few seconds...then the guy shut up and apologized to the GW; the GW let the guy slide from further questioning, and when the GW left...I chewwed that guys bunns about his stupidity...I was a Federal Employee at the time, so I was justifiably incensed...at not allowing the GW to do his job...and he was never invited back in my boat...the nerve of some people...

soap whip loco

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11429557 02/22/16 02:57 AM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Couple of years ago, my wife and I were throwing small white spinnerbaits down the bank catching bass & looking for spawning crappie. Troll into a pocket and 2 young teenagers are pulling in nice slabs two at a time.
We are fishing the other bank about 50 yards away and slowly go past them. A guy in a red Ranger see it and gets right in top of them but doesn't really have the right stuff for crappie fishing.

He convinces the kids they are over their limit and need to leave, and they do. We reach the back of the pocket and are slowly heading toward the Ranger boat. When I get about 50 yards away. He hollers and said he had to go but there is some crappie there if we knew how to catch them.

He cranked up and we pulled out some crappie rods with slip corks, caught fish there for 3 afternoons without ever seeing any boats even come into the pocket.

So it works out sometimes when you take the high road.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11429719 02/22/16 04:16 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
I woulda took my 12 foot rod and popped smitty on the head.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: MrRoachie] #11430440 02/22/16 04:12 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
I woulda took my 12 foot rod and popped smitty on the head.

LOL...Roachie...you ARE a Redneck Hero...I can't quit LOL.... roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: POTLICKING ETTIQUITTE. [Re: leanin post] #11431627 02/22/16 11:40 PM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
For the most part year round Crappie Bank and boat fisherman do ask or give respect when fishing, but when the spawn is on and the SEASONAL bank fishermen come out HIDE YOUR WALLETS AND THE KITCHEN SINK its every man for himself and balls to the wall!

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide