Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000
For the most part year round Crappie Bank and boat fisherman do ask or give respect when fishing, but when the spawn is on and the SEASONAL bank fishermen come out HIDE YOUR WALLETS AND THE KITCHEN SINK its every man for himself and balls to the wall!

Well said Ruffneck...In all my years, I have met very few buts either on the water or bank or in the boat, but occasionally it does happen....one of my best friends as a young adult was like that around other people...after a while, he asked why we never went fishing/hunting anymore and I told him...we never went again, but I was told he "changed his tune" around others...but by then, he had already taken advantage of my good nature once too many times...

Now, I just step back and let those types have their glory (yes, there are a few of those folks on this forum) and enjoy the time in the great outdoors...Heck, I still catch, eat, and give enough fish away without having to bicker over fishing spots anymore...in fact, normally I will take the spot they vacated and catch the fish they missed...sometimes they will hog their way back into the spot they vacated and leave my spot for me to return to...earlier someone said something about taking the "high road"...I do that quite often. Ultimately, I figure if a perrson is willing to take or barge into someone elses spot they probably need the fish (worse than I do) so I give them a pass, plus all the fish I caught in their vacated spot...hoping that next time before they try to bull their way into a spot they will remember it is not necessary to do so...this approach does not always work, but most times it does....thanks for your comment...