As thread resurrectors (that didn't pass spell check so it may not be a word
) me, David and Steve are failures. LOL
But in the interest of getting something going on this thread for the benefit of this trip I know of someone that may be stepping in soon to try to get some organization going. But like me, he's not yo charter master.
While we wait I thought I would post an update on what I know about the list of names I turned over to FW months ago. Well ..... some of it is what I know but there might be some speculation in here too. You decide.2016 TFF 56 hour trip list
1. Charlie Williams - Charlie does not know yet if or when he will be back in the states. If he gets back I'm sure he will go.
2. Bill Brown - Sarge told me he is getting married. Not sure what that means. Are his fishing days over?
3. Bobby Jones (?) - I still have a conflict for this date and am about 50/50 here. In the meantime I have signed up for a charter on the Pelican at DSH November 4-5-6
4. Billy Franklin (?) - Same as above
5. Chuck Williams - Chuck is having hip replacement surgery (any day now) and does not know for sure if his recovery will allow him to go tuna fishing in October. Let's all wish Chuck good luck!
6. Mike Izzo ;7. John Wakeman - Izzo and Wakeman got their butts kicked in Venice back in May and are still waiting for the bleeding to stop.
8. Ronnie Manning (?) - Ronnie withdrew before the list was turned over to FW
9. Boyd Vandy - I haven't heard anything from or about Boyd but I know he's mad at those tuna .... real mad.
10. Tom Salazar * .... Tom originally said this was the weekend he could fish but has since had another wedding come up. Tom has signed up for the same trip Billy and I are on November 4-5-6
11. Co Vi Luong (?) Withdrew from consideration.
12. Fred Mallet - Fred still has interest and we might hear from him soon. Fred has also signed up for the Pelican charter November 4-5-6
13. Fred Spencer; 14. Tiffany Spencer; 15. David Spencer - David and Tiffany are down for the trip and ready to go. Fred has decided to go to Vegas. All three of these folks are also signed up for the trip I am on with DSH November 4-5-6
16. Robert Smith; 17. James Smith - I had some conversations with Robert and the last I heard he and James were still looking for a trip to settle on.
18. Steve Desaulnier - Steve is down for the trip and mad at those tuna.... stay out of his way!
19. Joseph Ycu - Joseph posted that he could not go. Not sure if it was a time conflict or what. Bummer
20. David Gass - Haven't heard any more from David and am not sure of his status.
21. Steve Savage - I don't know Steve Savage and do not know his status. If anyone knows him and has contact with him please refer him to this thread activity.
22. Mark Greenburg - same as above
23. Louis Lugo - same as above
24. Robert Willis - Robert will likely go wherever Robert and James Smith go.
25. Tom Cade - He may be Sarge's best man .... I dunno
26. Brian Hefty - The Jigster doesn't talk much these days so I don't know.
27. Jonathon S. - same as 21; 22 and 23
28. Kerry Neal; 29. Brian Nesbit; 30. Mark Kyer - The "Three Amigos" have decided to go to Portugal to catch their 50 - 75 lb. YFT this year
So there you have it.
We need to get this thread moving folks.
Footnote: Earlier this year there was some conversation from different folks that wanted to fish a different boat. During that discussion the thought of chartering both the Pelican and the Gulf Eagle came up. The charter trip I and some others here are on November 4-5-6 on the Pelican is full but if someone was to charter the Gulf Eagle for that same date then I doubt you would have trouble filling it. PM me if you would like info on that.