Straight from the TPWD website:
When can crab trap removal occur?
Laws allow you to remove crab traps for ten day period starting on the third Friday in February. This year, the 10 day closure is from February 19, 2016 to February 28, 2016.
TPWD and other organizations will provide marked disposal facilities at various locations in each major bay system for abandoned crab traps. On February 20, 2016, TPWD will help facilitate volunteer efforts at certain sites from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Those that wish to collect traps during other times can contact their nearest TPWD Coastal Fisheries office for more information.

What does this mean to you?
Crabs, the best bait for monster black drum will be hard to buy. If you plan to fish within the next two weeks I suggest you go get some today. I place a dozen or so in a paper bag and then throw them in the freezer. I use them as if they were fresh. Keeping them whole is the ticket to keep them intact. If you are going fishing this weekend try the following: In a 5 gallon bucket place 7-10 sheets of wadded up newspaper, enough to keep the crabs from hitting the bottom of the bucket.
Place your live crabs in the bucket. Then place the bucket into your ice chest and fill you ice chest with ice. Do NOT put the ice directly on the crabs. If you keep the ice chest out of the sun and replenish the ice you can keep your crabs alive and in good shape for 3-4 days.