Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thermocline lures to the rescue #11414245 02/15/16 02:02 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Great day of fishing with my partner crapicat. You can be fishing right in front or on top of the fish but if you don't have the right color/pattern you might as well go home. Because there picky picky. These lures from thermocline lures are great. Thanks to thermocline lures in the little fry I got my first limit of the year looking forward to many more thanks yall.http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y452/loejoe9/F6D076A7-2DE6-4EEC-970A-3D38646EBBEE_zps7cygka0f.jpg

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414257 02/15/16 02:04 AM
Jacob Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414258 02/15/16 02:04 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414262 02/15/16 02:05 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thanks Jacob

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414318 02/15/16 02:27 AM
T
Tdot Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
What depth are they at? I'm having a hard time locating them at my home lake I catch maybe 5 but that it

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Tdot] #11414587 02/15/16 10:44 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
we were catching them 6 inches off the bottom in 6 to 10 ft of water.

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414673 02/15/16 12:39 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
despite having changed from my beloved flip phone to one of the newfangled computer phones, I still don't have any pictures to share with TFF members. However, I will provide some information on the bait we were using and a short story (of course)....LOL

Most of you have probably wondered where I went, based on numerous phone calls I have periodically received, so that is a long story, I may get a chance to tell later. This story begins when Joseph called and wanted to go fishing, immediately(if not sooner). He seems to be chomping at the bit after lurking around some of Greasebaths recent posts and pics. So we set up a date/time to meet (yea7am the next morning). Upon arriving at our designated meeting place (30 minutes late) we head off into the traffic jam only arrive at the launch 6 minutes behind schedule,,,Yes, I was driving...

As we pulled into the launch, I spied my long time fishing buddy "Big Cat Burns" unloading his boat. Instantly, I know we ARE going to limit today, since he brought his cousin Tommy along today.(This requires a really long explanation, which I will skip for now) So, we chit chat for a bit after exchanging pleasantrys, his mood turns serious, and he exclaims I know where they are, you should follow me. No problem, I reply. Of course, I looked in his boat to make sure he had crappie poles instead of trot line materrial(just to confirm my initial Limit suspicions.)

After launching the two-man, we started up the creek with much conversation between the two boats as we travelled. Joseph for his part, seems to be wondering why we are following these guys while we talk of catching everything but crappie(ie., stripers, cats, sandies, and all the salt water species deep water and ntercoastal, but he doesn't say much. After getting passed by several boaters, Burns looks over at Joseph and proclaims "all these other boaters will be passing right by the fish..." in response to Joseph's lament that were are going so slow. Time passes quickly as we weave our way up the creek, and discuss when the gators will be coming out of hibernation (maybe today, I tell Joseph) as he is seemingly uncomfortable with the idea of dealing with a big gator today. Finally, Burns says, we are here...see if you can get behind that log (which we can't.)

Before we can get our boat situated, Burns and cousin Tommy have already boated several fish. Joseph gets his line in the water and starts catching potato chip sized crappie (chips) and I have managed to pull up several branches from the depths. I glance over and notice they are using a pearl white body that vaguely resembles one of Lane's thump buddies, so I put on a white hot and catch boating a few fish...Finally,
a Keeper--Yes, a keeper...So after watching the "big cat show" for a while, we adjust the boat around to reach new territory. (ok, we had to use a beaver stick, boat paddle and machete to move around 2FT) SUCCESS!!!! After boating a few more fish, the bite stopped. Suddenly there weren't even strikes. Gar, burns mused..big flathead, I suggest. After 15 minutes, and still no bites...I decided it was time to go to my new best color...BINGO!!!!

So I start just hammering the fish (there are lots of unders in this hole) while everyone else is just staring all dumbfounded at me. Joseph, is the first to ask "You got another one of those?" Sure, here you go. Then, its on, hammering fish on every drop every five or ten seconds...the stuff of dreams; that everyone wants and seldom ever get!!! Suddenly, I look up and there are boats everywhere and we are the only ones catching fish, Burns decides to reposition his boat so we can fish the same hole, but after ten minutes of us catching and them watching(ok, I felt sorry for them)...I dug in my bag and pulled out the MAGIC BAIT of the day, handed them some and VOILA, fish were flying in their boat as well! When I noticed we were not boating any keepers, I suggested it was time to move, so we could finish out our limit.

We pulled away and our spots were IMMEDIATELY filled by other boats. We moved off to where the other folks vacated and started catching good keepers...Magic Bait, I noted as the other boaters asked what we were using (of course I shared, so they too could catch some fish...) After a bit, managed to fill out our limits, so we headed for the launch. After dropping Joseph at his truck, he texted me and asked what the bait was because he wanted to order some...Thermocline Lures, LiL Fry, BLACK EMERALD SHINER, I respond. While you are at it, get some Go To Greenies, Monkey Milks, Natural Shad, Zombie Juice, and Afternoon Assault. Dont forget to get some of the matching jigs she sells, cause its a perfectly matched setup she offers. With these colors, you can go to any water and catch fish, even when no one else can (assuming you are a fisherman.) Love those Thermocline Lil Fry's...they just flat out catch fish, all you have to do is hold the pole steady!!!!

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: crapicat] #11414680 02/15/16 12:45 PM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Totally off topic but, like you roflmao still using a 'flip phone', Can I ask since you went that route....what phone plan you chose to use?
There are soo many and EXPENSIVE with a lot of 'hidden fees' ..
Just asking...
God Bless
Lee

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lee in Texas] #11414711 02/15/16 01:08 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Lee here is the deal...my wife, 15 year old son, and 18 year old daughter explained what I needed...LOL So here it is...Iphone 6s, Verizon family plan (payments on the phone, no cash up front) with 20 gigs of data shared among the four. I wanted to buy the phones, but it was more expensive to do so...if you rent/make payments on the phone they discount the data plan so its cheaper monthly outlay. (sounded stupid to me too)
Basically, I got tired of hearing my wife complain about my son going over on his data plan (3 gig) every month, so I opted for the largest famly plan they have...and it has alleviated much angst in my life for less than what we were paying for four seperate plans. Hope this information helps.

Oh yea, I went to cases in the box website, and got a Love Mei hard aluminum case...for $35 bucks delvered. It has a dupont gorlla glass cover, and is waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, and uses allen screws to stay together. A bit bulky, but I am used to it now...and now I need to get some fishing apps and stuff.

I still leave the phone in the truck while fishing...LOL

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: crapicat] #11414755 02/15/16 01:40 PM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Thank you. I would like to 'upgrade' but, wife did NOT like our one experience with a 'touch phone' from AT&T. Was NOT a smart phone, and she, LOL, decided we needed to and did 'downgrade' back to a flip phone.
Would love a smart phone, weather apps/pictures but, man...from the info I have been reading on here and elsewhere, the plans are soo expensive !!
Guess I have arrived, since now retired, cheap old man.... roflmao
thank you shipmate for the feedback. You still have 'youngsters' so, that is going to almost demand Smart Phones....
Here, it's just the wife and I.
Good feed back....thanks
God Bless
Lee

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11414899 02/15/16 02:47 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Well, you finally came out of hiding crapicat peep

Sounds like y'all had a good time clap

CONGRATS!!! cheers

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: tboxfish] #11415257 02/15/16 05:04 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Well, you finally came out of hiding crapicat peep

Sounds like y'all had a good time clap

CONGRATS!!! cheers

mmmhmm, somethng like that...say, will you pm joseph and help him put an order together? Kind of point him in the right direction? And send me any new color samples you have dreamed up lately...for testing purposes!
Oh yea he needs a couple of those hook removers you make...cause he always hooks them deep (he has a really slow hookset!!!) LOL

Call me when the fish get to biting good and I will try to come over and buy up the store...I am running low on some of my favorite stuff...just in case, you happen to be making up some lil frys....make me some big bags of my favorites....did I hear that you got a tadpole looking thing? Post a pic....may have to try a few of them out, just to see if they will catch fish by the bucket full like those frys do. Tell granny B i said hello.

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11415297 02/15/16 05:21 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Joseph????

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lee in Texas] #11415461 02/15/16 06:27 PM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Thank you. I would like to 'upgrade' but, wife did NOT like our one experience with a 'touch phone' from AT&T. Was NOT a smart phone, and she, LOL, decided we needed to and did 'downgrade' back to a flip phone.
Would love a smart phone, weather apps/pictures but, man...from the info I have been reading on here and elsewhere, the plans are soo expensive !!
Guess I have arrived, since now retired, cheap old man.... roflmao
thank you shipmate for the feedback. You still have 'youngsters' so, that is going to almost demand Smart Phones....
Here, it's just the wife and I.
Good feed back....thanks

Lee,
Look at a Verizon refurbished phone...they are like brand new. Buy the phone...you can get a plan with unlimited phone, text and 1GB of data for $45.00 a month.

Re: Thermocline lures to the rescue [Re: Lone Star Cat] #11415603 02/15/16 07:40 PM
C
crope1 Offline
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
Afternoon assault?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide